Aegir company introduction

Discussion of Ægir watches.

Moderator: t20569cald

Chauncy7
Name: Jim

Re: Aegir company introduction

Post by Chauncy7 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:44 am

t20569cald wrote:I am only getting the Silicone oxide escapement. Strutec (R)
With best balance and Nivarox spring. Not bad :grin:

Keeping the decoration simple i asked for grit blasted main plate and bridges with StruTec decorated rotor.

had to adapt the case for this movement, as it has a different fixing point, and is 0.25mm lower, so had to make special dials for this one, keeping the movement in place to use the same winding stem position. Needs an adapter they are making then to utilize the same hands.
:thatshot: :thatshot: :thatshot:
Keep that dirty "watch talk" comin'

Techart

Post by Techart » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:11 pm

Great news todd! glad that u went with fricker eventually. Too much smoke and mirrors in the 'german' watch market. Im extremely intrigued for the LE, cant wait to see and learn more. :salute:

Gavinn

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

Post by t20569cald » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Techart wrote:Great news todd! glad that u went with fricker eventually. Too much smoke and mirrors in the 'german' watch market. Im extremely intrigued for the LE, cant wait to see and learn more. :salute:

Gavinn

Your not wrong you know!
For my next trick!

So Fricker was a good choice, providing they stick to their lead time agreement. As Fricker is not producing the entire watch, it should work out, as they wont be waiting on other companies.

The LE, well that is going to be cool !
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com

snoballz
Baller

Post by snoballz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:19 pm

Looking forward to the CD-2 Limited.

Todd, so are you taking pre-orders and reserving serial #s?

BTW, thanks for the FB add. :salute:

-luke

craniotes
Thread Pooper
Name: Ad Rock

Post by craniotes » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:27 pm

t20569cald wrote: The LE, well that is going to be cool!
So, when do the good folks here find out just how cool? ;)

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

t20569cald

Post by t20569cald » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:27 pm

snoballz wrote:Looking forward to the CD-2 Limited.

Todd, so are you taking pre-orders and reserving serial #s?

BTW, thanks for the FB add. :salute:
For you guys? Sure, but its a tough question!

I dont want to have peoples money, in case a company i am involved with is late.
I dont wont to disappoint people that way, nor do i want a rush on orders and forget those who have shown interest for some time online.

I am not taking pre-orders to fund anything either, i think its a poor business practice, but there will come a time when the interest level becomes higher., IE: when the prototype thread runs and i will have to honor the interest shown, and take numbers.

So email me your details and i will add you to the interest list, with updates. No extra cost for that !

Its a non pressure list mate, but you will get first chance on the reserve.
So far i have kept it low key, not advertised it and there are 35 people of 50 on it.
Most LE have been asked for by colleagues, but of course people drop out, and they are more supporting me than anything else, as they dont fully understand the point of the LE. So for that reason some will end up taking the standard. They are not all watch people.

and the FB add, no, thank you, i need all the friends i can get!
Last edited by t20569cald on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

t20569cald

Post by t20569cald » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:41 pm

craniotes wrote:

Regards,
Adam

The prototype work will resume Jan 18th.
Holidays and all that. Not for me, i never sleep!

I plan to run a thread here, and WUS at the same time, with the building of it.
Not to much, just the high points, and let people figure out whos making it by the pictures,
Same person will be assembling and regulating the LE, so its some fun in a thread.

Think it will take a week or so before it all comes out after the thread starts.

snoballz
Baller

Post by snoballz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:35 pm

t20569cald wrote:So email me your details and i will add you to the interest list, with updates.
You got mail. :cheers:

-luke

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:16 am

craniotes wrote:

Regards,
Adam
:excited: ;)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DEMO

Post by DEMO » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:39 am

Todd, great to see your forum here.
:cheers:

Rick-Holland

Post by Rick-Holland » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:59 am

there was a link on a dutch watch forum about you .... so already famous in the netherlands too!!!

t20569cald

Post by t20569cald » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Rick-Holland wrote:there was a link on a dutch watch forum about you .... so already famous in the netherlands too!!!

I am for different reasons Rick.

Actually mate, if pushed i can even speak the lingo. Lived there 5 years, and am in The Netherlands about 12 times a year still. Out of Den Helder i work usually.

Techart

Post by Techart » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Great idea to have an Aegir forum on DWC. Best bunch of people around. :grin: Documenting the buildup great way to get people interested and differentiate between the have and have nots. Not accepting PO and using other people money to fund yr business is the right thing to do imo, if u believe in your product, there's no reason why u shouldn't take the risk to put up yr own money. btw cant wait to hear the special steel u r using, is it sub steel? hastealloy? :fro: Best of luck Todd.

Gavin

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:13 pm

Hello Todd,

Will you also be using Fricker to fabricate cases for CD-1? When can we expect the CD-1 and CD-1 LE to be available?
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

t20569cald

Post by t20569cald » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:23 am

Techart wrote:Great idea to have an Aegir forum on DWC. Best bunch of people around. :grin: Documenting the buildup great way to get people interested and differentiate between the have and have nots. Not accepting PO and using other people money to fund yr business is the right thing to do imo, if u believe in your product, there's no reason why u shouldn't take the risk to put up yr own money. btw cant wait to hear the special steel u r using, is it sub steel? hastealloy? :fro: Best of luck Todd.

Gavin
Thanks Gavin,

No, no sub steel, just plain old 316.
I am looking though, for the future and have some ideas, but i have too much going on to source sub steel and the like. I am happy with the good old tried and tested 316L

t20569cald

Post by t20569cald » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:34 am

Axelay2003 wrote:Hello Todd,

Will you also be using Fricker to fabricate cases for CD-1? When can we expect the CD-1 and CD-1 LE to be available?
Not sure. Depends on the overall current dealings i would think.
I am looking at Reister and Nittel as well.
Has to many variables to make any decisions at this point.

The time line is also unknown, once again there is just so much going on and also the financing of the tooling etc, needs to be looked at. The CD-1 LE is another story all together, and that may or may not happen at all.
It depends heavily on how the CD-2 LE goes and if the watchmaker involved wants to continue.
Fricker is making the cases, but thats it.
On the LE model it will be assembled in Switzerland, regulated and quality controlled there by the same watchmaker.

Fricker is planned to assemble the standard watch at this stage, but this also depends on their schedule too. I have another German watchmaker i have been talking to about doing those and as i may be moving out to Australia soon, it would benefit me to have a European distributor, which if that was the watchmaker who builds them up and is the point of service or warranty, then it would be sensible.

Its all up in the air when it comes to this CD-1 model, but my planned time line is to start with the prototype in about 3 months. As the CD-2 is the same case, the development is complete, so the prototype is being produced for other reasons.
The cases could be made at the same time, even earlier! So if it works out as planned, though it never does, then the CD-1 production would start in June or July.

snoballz
Baller

Post by snoballz » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:21 am

Hey Todd, I just saw your FB update. Should see some more traffic around here. :thumbsup:

-luke

MFS
Name: MFS

Post by MFS » Tue May 31, 2011 2:25 pm

Very nice Watch . Spesial design i like t20569cald :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Did you know the Norwegians have a battleship named ÆGIR / ÆGER?

My grandfather was on that ship and shot down 6 German Airplanes before he jumped into the Sea and Swim to land before ÆGIR was bombed April 1940. He Survived the war .

Info :

Destroyer Ægir with large flags.
Jager of Cresent class, bought from Britain in 1946. Got the Norwegian command hoisted in Chatham 10 October the same year. After testing the destroyer arrived in Horten 21 December 1946. Was adopted by the city of Stavanger May 16 1947. Was in 1948 suffered a serious accident when the docking pads failed during doksetting in Stavanger and the bottom was turned towards the bottom of the dock and suffered major injuries.
Stavanger served until 1966 when it was scrapped. Was used as målfartøy in 1972 before it was sold and towed to Belgium for demolition.

Vessel type destroyers came about because the Navy needed a retaliatory weapon against torpedo boats. Topredobåtjager name basically says it all. Destroyers task was to shield the larger fartøyeneog had to have great speed in order to obtain and destroy a torpedo boat, but also big enough to defend themselves against larger vessels. Valyrien was Navy's first torpedobåtjager and constituted the first few years, along with the four Sleipner-class vessels, golden, Odin, Sleipner and Æger, our fleet of destroyers. In 1939 came Balder and Thor, both taken over by the German in 1940 in Britain, we took over the Main Field, Bath, St. Albans, Newport and Lincoln all in the Town class. Later, we took over Arendal, Eskdale, Glaisdale and Svenner belonging Hunt class. The last and most famous ship we took was Stord, who was with the sinking of the German battleship Scharnhorst.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark Mck
Name: Mark McKenzie

Post by Mark Mck » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:52 am

Hey Todd, I've been wearing CD-2 #19 all weekend and it is a superb watch in all ways. The watch is keeping COSC spec time and is very comfortable on the wrist with the isofrane rubber strap. The lume is great and the watch thickness, dial size to bezel ratio and finish all click the "just right" button. I am very pleased with this purchase and it will ultimately lead me to "thin out the herd" a bit as there are many dive watches I own that will not get as much wrist time now that I have the CD-2! :cheers:

mbakes
Name: Mike

Post by mbakes » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:53 am

Mark, glad to see you are enjoying the watch!

t20569cald

Post by t20569cald » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:23 am

Mark Mck wrote:Hey Todd, I've been wearing CD-2 #19 all weekend and it is a superb watch in all ways. The watch is keeping COSC spec time and is very comfortable on the wrist with the isofrane rubber strap. The lume is great and the watch thickness, dial size to bezel ratio and finish all click the "just right" button. I am very pleased with this purchase and it will ultimately lead me to "thin out the herd" a bit as there are many dive watches I own that will not get as much wrist time now that I have the CD-2! :cheers:

Thanks, it does give me real pleasure that owners enjoy the watch, it really does.

craniotes
Thread Pooper
Name: Ad Rock

Post by craniotes » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:33 am

Mark Mck wrote:Hey Todd, I've been wearing CD-2 #19 all weekend and it is a superb watch in all ways. The watch is keeping COSC spec time and is very comfortable on the wrist with the isofrane rubber strap. The lume is great and the watch thickness, dial size to bezel ratio and finish all click the "just right" button. I am very pleased with this purchase and it will ultimately lead me to "thin out the herd" a bit as there are many dive watches I own that will not get as much wrist time now that I have the CD-2! :cheers:
Awesome, Mark! :thumbsup:

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

goaliechris
Name: Chris

Post by goaliechris » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:44 am

Congrats - let's see a wrist shot!

Todd will probably be hearing from me next week on one of these.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Aegir company introduction

Post by matt.wu » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:14 pm

:rock:
:htfu:

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:31 pm

I'm waiting on Wu's flip
Pasquale

NSC