Minor scratches

Discussion of Ægir watches.

Moderator: t20569cald

Nm7273
Name: Nick

Re: Minor scratches

Post by Nm7273 » Sat May 07, 2016 8:07 am

Hey y'all, much thanks for the welcome and the good information. I have ordered the Bergeon block (Otto Frei, $19.90) but the fact of the matter is I probably won't use it at this point for fear of making matters worse. Or maybe I will, it'll just depend on how adventurous I feel when I have it in hand. But now I'll have the knowledge and tool for when I ding it badly.

Per yall's request I'll post a pic of the watch but based on the spanking I got over my first post, I'll get a real ass kicking over the pic. Kindly keep in mind that I said it was more of a scuff than a scratch and that it was barely noticeable and that it probably wouldn't have bothered me except that I've only had the watch for a week or so. I am really anal when it comes to my knives, guns and watches. Anyway, I am heading out to fish then have a little of my Ron Millonario left to polish off so it will be later today or tomorrow before I get the pic up. I can hardly wait!

Nm7273

Post by Nm7273 » Sat May 07, 2016 8:07 am

Hey y'all, much thanks for the welcome and the good information. I have ordered the Bergeon block (Otto Frei, $19.90) but the fact of the matter is I probably won't use it at this point for fear of making matters worse. Or maybe I will, it'll just depend on how adventurous I feel when I have it in hand. But now I'll have the knowledge and tool for when I ding it badly.

Per yall's request I'll post a pic of the watch but based on the spanking I got over my first post, I'll get a real ass kicking over the pic. Kindly keep in mind that I said it was more of a scuff than a scratch and that it was barely noticeable and that it probably wouldn't have bothered me except that I've only had the watch for a week or so. I am really anal when it comes to my knives, guns and watches. Anyway, I am heading out to fish then have a little of my Ron Millonario left to polish off so it will be later today or tomorrow before I get the pic up. I can hardly wait!

mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Post by mikeylacroix » Sat May 07, 2016 8:17 am

Knives and guns get u a pass?

gonzomantis
Name: Mike

Post by gonzomantis » Sat May 07, 2016 9:22 am

Hee hee hee. He said, "anal."

Don't worry, you'll fit in just fine. :rimshot:

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:25 am

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sat May 07, 2016 10:06 am

Knives, watches and guns are things that are made to be used and get scratched up.

Take up drinking and maybe a little pill habit, will make being anal a lot easier.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat May 07, 2016 11:00 am

^ Trust Ben with things like this. He drops a little Oxy to relax his sphincter.

Nm7273

Post by Nm7273 » Thu May 12, 2016 3:57 pm

Ok, I need a little help here. I promised to post a photo of my watch but when I try to it tells me the file is too big. I just took my iPhone and snapped a picture. How the hell do I make the file smaller so that it will upload it? What does "Harden the fuck up" mean?

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Thu May 12, 2016 4:23 pm

Try attaching the photo from the photo library. It should give you option to select picture size.
HTFU means toughen up.
The Hapa

Nm7273

Post by Nm7273 » Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm

HTFU, well, I feel stupid. For some reason I thought Harden was a name. Of someone who was a fuck up. its kinda like "root, hog or die". Anyway, I took the pic with my iPhone then sent it to my iPad which is where I trying to post it from. I'll try going back to my phone and posting t from there. So much to learn and so little time!

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Thu May 12, 2016 5:35 pm

Harden.... TFU. That's funny
The Hapa

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Thu May 12, 2016 9:39 pm

Harden, the fuck up. He was never worth a shit. I'm curious about the root, hog and die bit.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Thu May 12, 2016 9:39 pm

Nick, you can also use photobucket and copy and paste the img code

Nm7273

Post by Nm7273 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:15 pm

It's "root, hog or die" not "and die". Anyway, it is an old southern expression (well, at any rate Texas) that means you have to make it on your own, toughen up, fight through it, quit bitching and get it done. Most often used inspirationaly as in "boys, we're down 6 points and there is 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. It's time to root, hog or die!".

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

Post by t20569cald » Thu May 12, 2016 10:34 pm

Nm7273 wrote:It's "root, hog or die" not "and die". Anyway, it is an old southern expression (well, at any rate Texas) that means you have to make it on your own, toughen up, fight through it, quit bitching and get it done. Most often used inspirationaly as in "boys, we're down 6 points and there is 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. It's time to root, hog or die!".
Literally translated into Aussie slang, that would mean fuck a pig or die
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Fri May 13, 2016 1:59 am

t20569cald wrote:
Nm7273 wrote:It's "root, hog or die" not "and die". Anyway, it is an old southern expression (well, at any rate Texas) that means you have to make it on your own, toughen up, fight through it, quit bitching and get it done. Most often used inspirationaly as in "boys, we're down 6 points and there is 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. It's time to root, hog or die!".
So based on that, in Oz is root beer also referred to as fuck beer? That'd be pretty sweet
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

Post by t20569cald » Fri May 13, 2016 5:15 am

r.palace wrote:
t20569cald wrote:
So based on that, in Oz is root beer also referred to as fuck beer? That'd be pretty sweet
Probably why we do not have root beer
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com

Nm7273

Post by Nm7273 » Fri May 13, 2016 1:23 pm

I have been on this forum since May 5th and here is what I've learned:

Don't bitch about scratches. In fact, don't bitch about anything.
I can not figure out how to post a picture. My file is too big. Who'd ever thought? No complaints about that in the past.
Harden is a rat bastard and a total fuck up. As is his brother.
Drugs, at least Oxy, are ok if taken in small doses purely for medicinal reasons.
I need a CD2.
WUS refers to folks most likely related to Mr. Harden.
Bergeon 5444-A is just the right product to remove sxxxxxxxs if you are unfortunate enough to get one.
An affinity for guns and knives will not get you a pass. They might however keep you from getting killed.
If you live in Australia it seems you have a choice between fucking a pig or dying. With my huge file I am probably better off doing the former.
No root beer in Australia. Now that is a surprise particularly in light of their cute and sexy pigs. They do have vegemite so that probably explains a lot.
At least some of the folks here do not speak Southern. Most of them are probably friends of Harden (the bastard).

If anyone is willing to help I'll be glad to send them the photo of my watch via email and they can try to post it. Other than that, I'm going to drop a little Oxy, load up my guns and go trolling for a cute pig.

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Fri May 13, 2016 1:26 pm

Dude you are a keeper
The Hapa

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Fri May 13, 2016 1:30 pm

I was going to ask if you could post pics of your hoggin' experience but, well, you can't post pics.

That's pretty spot on. I grew up in TN and KY. Maybe we just didn't have enough hogs around for the phrase to catch. Or maybe the Volunteers left the Lone Star state before the phrase was coined.

Affinity for Guns and knives won't get you a pass, but it sure doesn't hurt either. ;)

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Fri May 13, 2016 1:30 pm

HapaHapa wrote:Dude you are a keeper

Get a room!

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Fri May 13, 2016 1:31 pm

Kinda sorta reminds me of a bouncer I used to have on my staff who was fond of saying "fuck, fight, or hold the light!"... usually to lazy asses. I liked him.
Send lawyers, guns and money...

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Fri May 13, 2016 1:38 pm

I had same problem with picture file size. I wasn't able to post from the camera. Had to post from the picture gallery.
Try editing and saving the picture as a lower resolution. Or adjust the file settings if you are using Internet. Or try Tapatalk.
The Hapa

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Fri May 13, 2016 1:39 pm

BSears wrote:I was going to ask if you could post pics of your hoggin' experience but, well, you can't post pics.

That's pretty spot on. I grew up in TN and KY. Maybe we just didn't have enough hogs around for the phrase to catch. Or maybe the Volunteers left the Lone Star state before the phrase was coined.

Affinity for Guns and knives won't get you a pass, but it sure doesn't hurt either. ;)
I will translate this, since you are from TX and probably have trouble lernin' -- Brad is a Redneck and likes guns as well as other things that can kill or maim. :grin:

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Nm7273 wrote:I have been on this forum since May 5th and here is what I've learned:

If anyone is willing to help I'll be glad to send them the photo of my watch via email and they can try to post it. Other than that, I'm going to drop a little Oxy, load up my guns and go trolling for a cute pig.
You don't want to be sharing email addresses around here, PMs are bad enough, well unless you're into that kinda thing.