DLC CD1

Discussion of Ægir watches.
User avatar
t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments
Posts: 2128
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Australia

DLC CD1

Post by t20569cald » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:08 am

It is just a cell phone pic for now, but the new cases are finished.
There are 26 new cases for the CD-1, and 10 of those are DLC. There is no plans of any kind going forward for more, as the $AUD has all but collapsed, and now is a time for re-thinking of the structure and how I will mange to produce other models.
Image
Image
Image
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!


http://www.aegirinstruments.com

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 28138
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: DLC CD1

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:49 am

Looks really good. I do hope things work out so you can continue.

User avatar
pbj204
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 am
Name: Paul
Location: New York

Re: DLC CD1

Post by pbj204 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:44 am

That looks great. Looking forward to the assembled pictures.

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 12772
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: DLC CD1

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:02 am

DLC looks great! :thumbsup:
Image

User avatar
unixshrk
Ex-Sherpa
Posts: 9536
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:29 am
Name: Chris
Location: North Texas

Re: DLC CD1

Post by unixshrk » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:33 am

Looking good

User avatar
BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Posts: 19107
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 pm
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: DLC CD1

Post by BSears » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:31 am

Damn Todd, those look great. I need to figure a way to make a CD-1 happen soon.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Image

RIP Rocky (8/15/05-11/25/16)

User avatar
andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Posts: 13616
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:04 pm
Name: William Drayton, Jr.
Location: Gone

Re: DLC CD1

Post by andrema » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:59 am

That's the magic!
Image

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 39450
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: DLC CD1

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:03 am

WOW that looks great!!! It looks like DLC over a machine finish which should be super strong. DAMN I need some money!!!

giosdad
Posts: 4960
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:33 pm
Location: New York

Re: DLC CD1

Post by giosdad » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:15 am

That looks great. The CD-1 is what attracted me to your new brand when you first introduced it a while back. If this is the last run for a while, I need to take a good look at buying one. When do you expect this run to be available. (Not rushing you ;) ) Maybe the exchange rate will be the deciding factor for me. Sorry that it affects you at this time.
Regards
Barry

User avatar
SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy
Posts: 16591
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:27 pm
Location: N27° 56.79', W82° 27.55'

Re: DLC CD1

Post by SCM64 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:25 am

Looks good Todd, hope the finances work out in your favor moving forward.
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

Image

User avatar
r.palace
Posts: 6252
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:36 pm
Location: Tray-O-Five

Re: DLC CD1

Post by r.palace » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:29 am

Also hope the finances work in your favor Todd. Love the brand and what it stands for. The DLC looks fantastic!
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

User avatar
t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments
Posts: 2128
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Australia

Re: DLC CD1

Post by t20569cald » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:22 pm

giosdad wrote:That looks great. The CD-1 is what attracted me to your new brand when you first introduced it a while back. If this is the last run for a while, I need to take a good look at buying one. When do you expect this run to be available. (Not rushing you ;) ) Maybe the exchange rate will be the deciding factor for me. Sorry that it affects you at this time.

The exchange rate is killing me, as I just paid out Euro for them and the $AUD continues to suffer. I will be building a couple of these next week and I am going to put my site into $USD.
This will have another effect on me of course, but I cant give them away.
Not sure on the pricing yet, I have to sit down and work out what they actually cost me as well, which I have not done yet.
Image
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!


http://www.aegirinstruments.com

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 39450
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: DLC CD1

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:12 pm

t20569cald wrote:
giosdad wrote:That looks great. The CD-1 is what attracted me to your new brand when you first introduced it a while back. If this is the last run for a while, I need to take a good look at buying one. When do you expect this run to be available. (Not rushing you ;) ) Maybe the exchange rate will be the deciding factor for me. Sorry that it affects you at this time.

The exchange rate is killing me, as I just paid out Euro for them and the $AUD continues to suffer. I will be building a couple of these next week and I am going to put my site into $USD.
This will have another effect on me of course, but I cant give them away.
Not sure on the pricing yet, I have to sit down and work out what they actually cost me as well, which I have not done yet.
Definitely stick with US pricing until the Aussie dollar rebounds.

ps90s
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:51 pm
Name: Depends who asks

Re: DLC CD1

Post by ps90s » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:48 am

toxicavenger wrote:
t20569cald wrote:
giosdad wrote:That looks great. The CD-1 is what attracted me to your new brand when you first introduced it a while back. If this is the last run for a while, I need to take a good look at buying one. When do you expect this run to be available. (Not rushing you ;) ) Maybe the exchange rate will be the deciding factor for me. Sorry that it affects you at this time.

The exchange rate is killing me, as I just paid out Euro for them and the $AUD continues to suffer. I will be building a couple of these next week and I am going to put my site into $USD.
This will have another effect on me of course, but I cant give them away.
Not sure on the pricing yet, I have to sit down and work out what they actually cost me as well, which I have not done yet.
Definitely stick with US pricing until the Aussie dollar rebounds.
:thumbsup: agree.
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”


― Ralph Waldo Emerson

User avatar
hoppes-no9
Posts: 1974
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:18 am
Name: Dan
Location: Maryland

Re: DLC CD1

Post by hoppes-no9 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:32 am

The DLC looks stellar, Todd. You're producing amazing watches.

Best of luck with the new run, hope everything works out to your best financial benefit.

User avatar
patstarrx
Becky
Posts: 18442
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:23 pm
Name: Pasquale
Location: Queens NYC

Re: DLC CD1

Post by patstarrx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:33 am

Switch your prices to USD or euros. Set up a bank account in europe or usa.
Make me the account holder and we work something out.
Pasquale

Image
NSC

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 39450
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: DLC CD1

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:42 pm

bitcoin

franco60
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: DLC CD1

Post by franco60 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:35 am

Careful with foreign accounts. Don't know about Australia, but US has strict reporting on foreign accounts for federal income tax purposes. Any account (or accounts) with an aggregate balance over $10K at any time of the yr must be reported. Just a heads up. The tax geek comes out in me.

User avatar
patstarrx
Becky
Posts: 18442
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:23 pm
Name: Pasquale
Location: Queens NYC

Re: DLC CD1

Post by patstarrx » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:32 am

Multiple accounts.
Pasquale

Image
NSC

User avatar
abuemily
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:08 am
Name: Michael
Location: God's Country

Re: DLC CD1

Post by abuemily » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:21 am

Hey Todd, do you have an ETA on posting/selling the new cases? I've been trying to score a CD-1 as they are sold out on the website. But am willing to wait for a new one if they are on the near horizon.

User avatar
t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments
Posts: 2128
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Australia

Re: DLC CD1

Post by t20569cald » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:15 pm

abuemily wrote:Hey Todd, do you have an ETA on posting/selling the new cases? I've been trying to score a CD-1 as they are sold out on the website. But am willing to wait for a new one if they are on the near horizon.

I plan to have a couple built next week
Image
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!


http://www.aegirinstruments.com

User avatar
BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Posts: 19107
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 pm
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: DLC CD1

Post by BSears » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:52 pm

t20569cald wrote:
abuemily wrote:Hey Todd, do you have an ETA on posting/selling the new cases? I've been trying to score a CD-1 as they are sold out on the website. But am willing to wait for a new one if they are on the near horizon.

I plan to have a couple built next week
Nice! What dials you planning on using in those DLC'd cases?
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Image

RIP Rocky (8/15/05-11/25/16)

User avatar
andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Posts: 13616
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:04 pm
Name: William Drayton, Jr.
Location: Gone

Re: DLC CD1

Post by andrema » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:08 pm

Send me a PM
Image

User avatar
andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Posts: 13616
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:04 pm
Name: William Drayton, Jr.
Location: Gone

Re: DLC CD1

Post by andrema » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:44 pm

Thanks for the dick pix, Terry...I meant Todd ;)
Image

User avatar
BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Posts: 19107
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 pm
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: DLC CD1

Post by BSears » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:47 pm

:lol: ask and ye shall receive. It is the season of giving. ;)
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Image

RIP Rocky (8/15/05-11/25/16)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest