New website up and running (sort of)

Discussion of Ægir watches.

Moderator: t20569cald

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

New website up and running (sort of)

Post by t20569cald » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:15 am

OK, it is not as cool as the old one, but the old one needed someone with a PHD, BS, GG, RTY, and a HTFU to just add some text.
Cost me every time. The shop is a bit messy too, and does not suit the rest of the site, and that was on some advice from an IT guy. I should not have done it, but anyway, I did.
I have 2 servers running all sorts, so we are consolidating to the one you see now.
It is a custom Wordpress theme, with custom modules for shipping and checkout (shop), but the shop is having issues with my bank, to process cards.
Little issues, just too big for me!

So soon will be some videos, me talking about the company, then the CD-2 etc, and more shooting vids too.
This page will end up in the top menu when there is more content.

So any suggestions on things to add to the site?
Some testimonials will be added to the ''about us'' page soon, and the blog once fully up to date will host as much new content as I can, including some industry news that does not relate to Aegir, but any other pages I should consider?

Oh, and there will be in the footer, paypal, Visa, etc
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: New website up and running (sort of)

Post by BSears » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:04 am

Not bad at all Todd. Glad to see it up and running again. Seriously wanting to add a CD-2 in '13 (as in the first part), but, like a few others, I am anxiously awaiting news on a Ti version. ;) No rush, mind you - I know the CD-2 LE is a priority and I can't wait to see those hit the wrists of a few lucky DWCers. :bananastoner:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:17 pm

I be liking the old site beda
Pasquale

NSC

t20569cald

Post by t20569cald » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:16 pm

patstarrx wrote:I be liking the old site beda
So did I, but I can not do anything with it

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Have no issues with the new site...Multiple shots of the watches, easy to find specs and details of watches...cool pics... :thumbsup:

I like to to see watches, specs, price and warranty...all at the top...of the screen.. :thumbsup:

Look forward to the CD-1..

Mike

t20569cald

Post by t20569cald » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 pm

jimyritz wrote:Have no issues with the new site...Multiple shots of the watches, easy to find specs and details of watches...cool pics... :thumbsup:

I like to to see watches, specs, price and warranty...all at the top...of the screen.. :thumbsup:

Look forward to the CD-1..

Mike
I will make the price clear, more visible. (still making the new shop, so it has some buttons to come.)
Warranty is up there, and I will look into a spec page, though the specs are on the watch page in the left hand column.
Warranty will be changing when the CD-1 comes, 1 year on the movement, 5 years on the rest (maybe more). The reason for 1 year on the movement, is that is the weak link on a mechanical watch, and as it is a transferable warranty it might see more time being kicked around in a Fedex box that was to be expected.
New models will have a choice of crystal or solid backs, crystal will cost a few dollars more, but not a lot and the serial will be under a lug somewhere. This will mean a lot of pictures, so a page will be in '' extras'' devoted to just random shots.
I am hoping to get customer videos up too, should anyone make one, as long as the are PG13 though

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:03 pm

t20569cald wrote: I am hoping to get customer videos up too, should anyone make one, as long as the are PG13 though
Well, you've just excluded about half of this bunch. :lol: I kid - there'll be some killer customer shots, I am sure. On a side note, I've already put the skirt on notice that I'm getting an AEgir in '13 (hopefully, the TI version...hint hint ;) ). She's officially been put on notice. I got the whole "you've not even had that Rolex Sub for 8 months and you are already looking? WTF?!?!" :rolleyes: 20 minutes later she's telling me about a (another) pair of boots she wants. :banplz:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:46 pm

The site looks great Todd. I am looking forward to the new models.

t20569cald

Post by t20569cald » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:16 pm

BSears wrote:
t20569cald wrote: I am hoping to get customer videos up too, should anyone make one, as long as the are PG13 though
Well, you've just excluded about half of this bunch. :lol: I kid - there'll be some killer customer shots, I am sure. On a side note, I've already put the skirt on notice that I'm getting an AEgir in '13 (hopefully, the TI version...hint hint ;) ). She's officially been put on notice. I got the whole "you've not even had that Rolex Sub for 8 months and you are already looking? WTF?!?!" :rolleyes: 20 minutes later she's telling me about a (another) pair of boots she wants. :banplz:
Asked them to quote that job (Fricker) and still waiting 6 months later.
I want 10 only to finish the model, and they will likely be too expensive considering tooling costs. I will ask them again though, as there is enough interest in doing 10. My ideal world, is they would cost less than $100 more per case, and that would be the cost to the customer as well, but I have a feeling they will want 3 or 400 more as the setup to run 10 cases would be high.
I will inquire again in the New Year however, as everything else I have, so really would be a 12 week wait only.

Always have an LE though with your name on it, 24 will be made now, (reserve the right to do a few more in the future, maybe 10, maybe 0) and 23 will be for sale. I have not yet contacted those after number 16, just waiting till Thomas has the movements in his hand, which by the way should be any day!