Discussion of Ægir watches.

Moderator: t20569cald

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

New update

Post by t20569cald » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:33 am

Hello Gents,

A quick word on some progress.

The LE is waiting for movements as you all know, and I was told 6 weeks to wait, then of course Thomas Prescher to assemble, so with luck some will go out in December.
I have an email today from Mhvj, and they were only going to supply 16 movements which was my original first order. I then asked for 10 more, to make that order 26, for 25 watches and
one to go into the Thomas Prescher built prototype, which will be later sold off.
They now say I can have 24 movements in an email received today, so those you were hoping to get one and thought they would not, might well now have one.
I will wait for this to be 100% confirmed that 24 cal 2005 movements are on their way to Thomas Prescher,and in fact I will wait to he actually counts them himself! before contacting names on the list.

DLC is sadly for now, not going to happen on the remaining cases that are in Germany. I am told by Fricker that they are looking for a new supplier in this, and that is what they told me many months ago too.
I can safely assume, with learning what delays are the norm, that to get them done would be 8 months away, so no, I am not willing to test me sense of humor that far.

Titanium watches are being quoted, and I asked them to give a price to set up for 10 only, to finish off the CD-2 model. They said , as I expected '' that will be expensive'' and to fair to them, to setup is fairly
time consuming. I did run off 25 cases however, which are the LE cases, with revised lug hole positions, and that was normal cost, plus a small amount tacked on, so I do hope to have word on that in the coming week
or two. It will be a pre order only deal on those however, and they will be with crystal backs. I will only add the extra costs that I am charged right to the dollar.
I will update on this, the moment they tell me.

The are at my request looking closer at the CD-1 now as well, and they need to quote the job, as it has been longer than expected, and past quotes are no longer relevant.
The case itself will in effect be the same as the CD-2, though the dial will be either 2mm or 3mm bigger, depending on how the renders turn out and the angle of the bezel. I am hoping to complete those drawings in the coming weeks
and start putting out some renders. Lug position will be the revised one, and will also be hex bolts. These will be double sided, as to be aesthetically pleasing. I know it can be annoying to have to hold the bolt one side, and then get the
other one off, but with the new buckles from Ennebi, I have not found this to be the case, and each side can easily be wound off without the need to hold the other.
By doing the hex bolts, it should also be easier for the owner to quickly change a strap, without leaving a scratch down the watch case from a screw driver, something I am guilty of myself.

I have the new site up, and am editing it live, and expect it to be complete in a week or two. It will have video soon, as I will introduce the watch, and its features, the straps, and I hope many other videos.
If customers want to send a video of their watch that has a PG13 rating, then I would like to add them to a page devoted to such things. And pictures!

The new watches, Titanium and onwards, will all be assembled in Australia.
I am doing this for several reasons, but most of all, I want as much control as I can, and the time it takes to return one to Germany and get it back, is also part of it.
Do not worry, I will not be assembling them! I will use more than likely, an English watchmaker I met some time back.
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com

abuemily
Name: Michael

Re: New update

Post by abuemily » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 am

Sounds good, Todd. Anything that brings the CD-1 closer to fruition takes me to a happy place.

Joe C
Name: Joe

Post by Joe C » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Hey Todd, sure dig your watches ! It is amazing the number of hurdles one must overcome to see a business succeed... Keep at it bro you've got a killer watch in the cd-1/2 and if I play my cards right I am hoping to pick one up this winter...assuming I can get my hands on one !

Kind regards,
Joe C.
pure awesomeness :
(adj) The condition of having no faults, being completely extreme, and incredibly sick at life.

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 pm

So much for the DLC CD-2. How about the DLC CD-1? Are those still going to be produced?
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Axelay2003 wrote:So much for the DLC CD-2. How about the DLC CD-1? Are those still going to be produced?
DLC is pretty easy to have done aftermarket as well.
:htfu:

t20569cald

Post by t20569cald » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:25 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Axelay2003 wrote:So much for the DLC CD-2. How about the DLC CD-1? Are those still going to be produced?
DLC is pretty easy to have done aftermarket as well.
This is true, but if I am to go that route I would want a local place, and there is none here.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:51 pm

Tony V (avitt on WUS) did my Marathon SAR a couple years ago. Great guy, great results, great prices. Lemme know if you want me to handle anything.

He's not local per se, but if I recall, I at least shipped in CA.
:htfu:

t20569cald

Post by t20569cald » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:29 pm

matt.wu wrote:Tony V (avitt on WUS) did my Marathon SAR a couple years ago. Great guy, great results, great prices. Lemme know if you want me to handle anything.

He's not local per se, but if I recall, I at least shipped in CA.
Not local for me! does he have a website Matt?