Discussion of Ægir watches.

Moderator: t20569cald

Dedalus
Professor J
Name: Jared

Re: loose bezel

Post by Dedalus » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:38 pm

t20569cald wrote:Issue sorted.
It is a 10 sec fix, just a small adjustment to the click spring, but they tell me that with their bezels, there will always be a tiny bit of play
due to the tolerances made, for dirt/dust etc.
I have adjusted my own watch, and it is perfectly acceptable to me, and given how many Fricker bezels are out there, must be ok for others as well.

While this is all ok, I still plan to work on this in the future, to have perhaps my own heavier gauge click springs to eliminate that tiny bit of play.
So not a fault then, just the way they designed it, and the adjustment was not really done as it should have been.
I'm constantly impressed by how on-top of things you are Todd. This kind of attention to detail and near-obsessive-compulsive desire to produce the best product possible, and look after your customers, has me salivating over the prospect of your future offerings (and I'm sure I'm not alone in this). :ugeek:

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

Post by t20569cald » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Dedalus wrote:
t20569cald wrote:Issue sorted.
It is a 10 sec fix, just a small adjustment to the click spring, but they tell me that with their bezels, there will always be a tiny bit of play
due to the tolerances made, for dirt/dust etc.
I have adjusted my own watch, and it is perfectly acceptable to me, and given how many Fricker bezels are out there, must be ok for others as well.

While this is all ok, I still plan to work on this in the future, to have perhaps my own heavier gauge click springs to eliminate that tiny bit of play.
So not a fault then, just the way they designed it, and the adjustment was not really done as it should have been.
I'm constantly impressed by how on-top of things you are Todd. This kind of attention to detail and near-obsessive-compulsive desire to produce the best product possible, and look after your customers, has me salivating over the prospect of your future offerings (and I'm sure I'm not alone in this). :ugeek:

Thanks Jared,

Got to say, it is hard to be on top of things in this business, when you do not make your own parts.
Too many suppliers!
But I want to give up my day job, so really want to learn more, and be as heavily involved in this business as I can with an aim
to eliminate the supply problems, design issues, etc. Customer relations is as important as any of those as well, or more so, and that is not lost on me.
And hey, I actually enjoy this!
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: lose bezel

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:02 pm

t20569cald wrote:
craniotes wrote:
lilhoody wrote:You are doing it all wrong Todd. You should have denied the problem, blamed the customer, made them pay shipping, then taken months to return the watches.
This.

Jeeze, what kind of two-bit operation are you running here, Todd? :scratch:

Regards,
Adam
I'll learn
hey you can get that ex-aquanet mod to be your pr guy? :roll:

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Post by CesarG » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:20 pm

Or terry can be your PR

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:13 pm

So did you still have to ship all the watches back to Germany?
:htfu:

t20569cald

Post by t20569cald » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:50 pm

matt.wu wrote:So did you still have to ship all the watches back to Germany?

No, they can be done here. I am talking to some local watchmakers actually to be a service center, etc.
But the customers that have them, regardless of if they think the bezel is too lose or not, can send them back to Germany if that suits them. Free of charge naturally, as a Fedex account number will be supplied to them to use.

Dedalus
Professor J
Name: Jared

Post by Dedalus » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:35 pm

t20569cald wrote:
matt.wu wrote:So did you still have to ship all the watches back to Germany?

No, they can be done here. I am talking to some local watchmakers actually to be a service center, etc.
But the customers that have them, regardless of if they think the bezel is too lose or not, can send them back to Germany if that suits them. Free of charge naturally, as a Fedex account number will be supplied to them to use.

This^^^ :love:

So when's the CD-1 landing :tap:

ok, ok, I'm in no rush. Already got my shekels put aside for it's appearance. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Dedalus on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2ar2c1

Post by 2ar2c1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:24 pm

sounds like a problem taken care of: now onto the cd-1 :)

Techart

Post by Techart » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Thumbs up for being transparent and up front. i think this applies to all business and not watchmaking alone. outsourcing manufacturing means we have to be extra attentive on the QC side. Do u have a watchmaker on hand? If a watch needs repairs, does it go to fricker in germay or aegir?

Jamie
I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you
Name: Jamie

Post by Jamie » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:14 pm

Todd's the man and I think what your doing will go a long way to developing your long time loyal fan base that will spring board you to the stage when your big enough to make it work full time.

t20569cald

Post by t20569cald » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:41 am

Techart wrote:Thumbs up for being transparent and up front. i think this applies to all business and not watchmaking alone. outsourcing manufacturing means we have to be extra attentive on the QC side. Do u have a watchmaker on hand? If a watch needs repairs, does it go to fricker in germay or aegir?

Have several places I am looking at, and will try a few out to see what I think.

At this time, all repairs are under warranty of course, as it is 2 years, so any manufacturing defect, of which I am sure there will be none, will go to Fricker.
Any other defect, such as movement failure, will come back to Aegir, and it will be looked at from there.
I personally have never had to return any watch I ever bought, but I have had friends return some to expensive makes, and one for for water ingress, though I suspect it was his fault somehow with the manual He valve, and the others were for a bezel that was knocked off ( he hit it against a steel object ) the other was for a movement that just died. So only one real return, and that is the only return I would expect, the movement playing up, as it is the weak point in a mechanical watch.
Having said that, I am fairly tough on watches, and never had to return one for that reason either.

Techart

Post by Techart » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:12 pm

thanks again todd for sharing yr thoughts and being open with us. i think a lof ot people doesnt recognise the amount of work that goes behind the scene to start a watch brands and getting a watch out(even the chinese ones), i hope to learn more from u. Godspeed!! :fro: