Discussion of Ægir watches.

Moderator: t20569cald

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

Re: Re: July update

Post by t20569cald » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:06 pm

kowalski wrote:
t20569cald wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:I can't wait for the 44-46mm model to be produced. Do you think you will do anything special with those or just standard models?
Planning and doing is not so easy, but I plan to do something special with every singe model.
It will be something that will separate me from not only the internet based brands, from from most brands all together.
If I had unlimited funds, it would be happening right now, but things a little slow this way, but I will get there in the end.
Todd - with the 44 model, hopefully the dial width increases by 2 mm as well. Having a 44 mm wide case with a 28 mm dial looks awkward. I'm just saying......

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The dial is currently 30mm, and the bezel 6mm.
For the second production the same, then I am building a prototype using a 5mm bezel and a 32mm dial.

For the CD-1 , that will most likely be the same size. Trying to make them share as much as possible, to avoid more costly tooling.
The 44mm will be proportion, maybe with a 5mm bezel, maybe 6mm, we will how it looks.
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com

kowalski

Re: Re: Re: July update

Post by kowalski » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:26 pm

t20569cald wrote:
kowalski wrote:
t20569cald wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:I can't wait for the 44-46mm model to be produced. Do you think you will do anything special with those or just standard models?
Planning and doing is not so easy, but I plan to do something special with every singe model.
It will be something that will separate me from not only the internet based brands, from from most brands all together.
If I had unlimited funds, it would be happening right now, but things a little slow this way, but I will get there in the end.
Todd - with the 44 model, hopefully the dial width increases by 2 mm as well. Having a 44 mm wide case with a 28 mm dial looks awkward. I'm just saying......

The dial is currently 30mm, and the bezel 6mm.
For the second production the same, then I am building a prototype using a 5mm bezel and a 32mm dial.

For the CD-1 , that will most likely be the same size. Trying to make them share as much as possible, to avoid more costly tooling.
The 44mm will be proportion, maybe with a 5mm bezel, maybe 6mm, we will how it looks.
Thanks Todd!!! All good news.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Re: July update

Post by matt.wu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm actually curious if there's a good write-up anywhere on that Mhjv or whatever movement in the LE. Don't know anything about them except that they look really cool.

If the write-up was in English, that'd actually be preferred. Australian would be okay in a pinch though, Todd, mate. :mrgreen:
:htfu:

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

Re: July update

Post by t20569cald » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:08 am

matt.wu wrote:I'm actually curious if there's a good write-up anywhere on that Mhjv or whatever movement in the LE. Don't know anything about them except that they look really cool.

If the write-up was in English, that'd actually be preferred. Australian would be okay in a pinch though, Todd, mate. :mrgreen:

Nothing at all, except their own things which are in French.
They make the escapements for Soprod and are port of the Festina group. I am one of the very first customers I believe.
Perrelet use them too, and another brand using their Tourbillon.
I forget what that is off the top of my head, but can easily look it up for you if you like.

Actual literature on the cal 2005, nothing that I am aware of.
Perhaps we can all start it! Oh wait, I wont even have one :oops:
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com