Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Discussion of Panerai watches.
Post Reply
User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14003
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by ericf4 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:38 am

His listings are always outrageous prices as comped to the market. Does he actually move shit? Is the game he goes high and you go low?


http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t= ... sg_7459747

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14988
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:16 am

I think he sits on watches and waits for the market to reach his prices.

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 1818
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:39 am

The marketing with MSRP, Sale Price and then "Crazy Price" tells me he's not someone I want to deal with.
Image

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8162
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by streetracer101 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:39 am

He sells some on eBay. He must be fairly well off to be able to sit on thousands, if not millions of dollars of used watch inventory for years on end. Even his "crazy" prices are generally 15-25% above market.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14988
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:40 am

Is there a price below CrAzY PrIcE?

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8162
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by streetracer101 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:50 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:40 am
Is there a price below CrAzY PrIcE?
No, but apparently there is one higher than it. His listing prices also don't include insured shipping :lol:

I think we have different ideas of what a mint watch looks like.
Exhibit A:
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Automatic Black Dial, Gold Rotor, Stainless Steel 41mm.
Mint condition with box and papers.
Retail $17,800 USD
Specially Priced: $13,995 USD
CRAZY PRICE $13,500 USD
Image

Exhibit B:
AUDEMARS PIGUET ROYAL OAK OFFSHORE THEMES VOLCANO CHRONO,
RETAIL $26,000 NOW $21,995 USD
NEVER Worn complete with box and papers
Image

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14469
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by Panerai7 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:00 am

Lol, that's cRaZZy BrUce, he sits on stuff for years, literally

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14988
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:01 am

The first ap would be ok at "syphilitic insanity" price.

R@cerx
Posts: 3208
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:51 am
Name: David

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by R@cerx » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:04 am

I tried to work with him once, made me cRaZy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30615
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:05 am

His Panerai prices were always ridiculous. He must be sitting on hundreds of them now that the Panerai market is shit.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
nweash
Posts: 2810
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Alta Loma, CA

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by nweash » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:11 am

One time he had a bumblebee Aquatimer listed below market value. Almost fell out of my chair. Needless to say, it sold fast.

Would love to see this guys balance sheet.
Image

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14469
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by Panerai7 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:15 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:05 am
His Panerai prices were always ridiculous. He must be sitting on hundreds of them now that the Panerai market is shit.
He's like that with everything, recently he had JLC NSA for cRazy PrICe of $9750 :)

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9657
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by logan2z » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:37 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:15 am
CGSshorty wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:05 am
His Panerai prices were always ridiculous. He must be sitting on hundreds of them now that the Panerai market is shit.
He's like that with everything, recently he had JLC NSA for cRazy PrICe of $9750 :)
In all fairness he doesn't call it a cRazy low PriCe ;)

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14469
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by Panerai7 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:39 am

Very true ha

User avatar
Nomadz
Posts: 5860
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:37 pm
Name: Nick
Location: WA (Wet and Dry)

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by Nomadz » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:57 am

logan2z wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:37 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:15 am
CGSshorty wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:05 am
His Panerai prices were always ridiculous. He must be sitting on hundreds of them now that the Panerai market is shit.
He's like that with everything, recently he had JLC NSA for cRazy PrICe of $9750 :)
In all fairness he doesn't call it a cRazy low PriCe ;)

Laughs !!!! Exactly...
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30506
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:37 am

R@cerx wrote:I tried to work with him once, made me cRaZy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same. I was amazed at how unwilling he was to make a deal. It was clear that he valued those watches more than any sensible buyer would.

User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 6569
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by 59yukon01 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:48 pm

At least if I wear an ugly ass Seiko it cost me less than $200, but to spend stupid money on a even more ugly ass watch, just not sure what to say. Could care less how prestigious the name is, that's just ugly.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14003
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by ericf4 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:54 pm

He's got a Panerai 212 for 8k. One sold here like 5k...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


R@cerx
Posts: 3208
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:51 am
Name: David

Re: Anyone ever buy from this guy?

Post by R@cerx » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:55 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:37 am
R@cerx wrote:I tried to work with him once, made me cRaZy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same. I was amazed at how unwilling he was to make a deal. It was clear that he valued those watches more than any sensible buyer would.
Agreed. Guess he'd rather hang onto them, versus sell them for reasonable market value.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests