Where to find XL Orange bezel 2500/8500?

Discussion of Omega watches.
sierra11b
Name: Eric

Where to find XL Orange bezel 2500/8500?

Post by sierra11b » Wed May 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Trying to find one for a friend who may be interested.

My question is would you ever consider a new XL from Joma or similar? I'd imagine they're new, right? Wondering if it would be smart to steer him in this direction or not for the $875 average premium over recent ones on recon. I mean service history is likely unknown or questionable unless a seller has documentation, and he'd be getting a new watch. Plus the ones for sale are likely without warranty, too, and will need a service anyway.

I've bought a cheap Seiko 5, My latest Orange Samurai, and an Oris Pilot from them with no problems.

Thoughts would be appreciated. Or leads. It's gotta be the orange aluminum bezel and XL for his 8.5" wrists. He won't consider the 42mm and I can't blame him.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Re: Where to find XL Orange bezel 2500/8500?

Post by dnslater » Wed May 02, 2018 6:51 pm

Some have issues with the idea of buying a nice watch from Joma, but I bought a Speedy Pro from them last year and the experience was great. Saved something like $800 compared to a dealer . The sacrifice is that you don't get an Omega warranty. You get a Joma warranty which people question on movement watch like this. Even if there was a problem, I could send it in for a service to Nesbits and still be money ahead. Came with the full kit that a dealer includes. Used versions were only a few hundred $$ cheaper and had questionable service histories. I say go for it.

Just be aware that an Orange bezel PO has more of a niche market, especially in the XL size, so if he may flip it, it will be harder to find a buyer. Also be aware that if he finds a N.O.S. 2500 PO, he needs to budget for a service regardless, as I think they have been out of production for 4+ years.
Last edited by dnslater on Thu May 03, 2018 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Re: Where to find XL Orange bezel 2500/8500?

Post by sierra11b » Wed May 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Thanks.

The thing isn’t he’s been dead set on this watch since before they discontinued it, so getting new from an AD is no longer an option