"New" strap for the Speedypro

Discussion of Omega watches.
ChuckW
Name: Chuck

"New" strap for the Speedypro

Post by ChuckW » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:45 pm

I've been wanting one of the rally straps with the curved ends for my Speedypro, but there were no pre-owned ones up for sale until this one appeared. It's not in new condition, not even close, but the price reflected that. Considering the price and condition of the strap, I didn't splurge on an OEM deployment clasp, going instead with an aftermarket (not replica) clasp. I love the look of the Speedypro on this style of strap.

No, it's not Tourettes.

dukerules

Re: "New" strap for the Speedypro

Post by dukerules » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:52 am

I've long wanted one of these. Great look.

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:37 am

It looked as though someone had applied a fair amount of black shoe polish to it, which made it look dull and feel kind of gummy, but treatment with some leather conditioner made a significant rejuvenation. The whole rig cost me just a little over a benjy, so for that amount of money, I'm pleased.
No, it's not Tourettes.

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Well, I sold the distressed rally strap because I found one in much better condition with an Omega deployment clasp, rather than the aftermarket one. This one cost a lot more than the well worn strap, but considerably less than a brand new rig. These curved end rally straps don't seem to show up very often on the secondary market in any condition.

No, it's not Tourettes.