New Omega Limited Edition- "Speedy Tuesday"...

Discussion of Omega watches.
Heuerville
Name: Stewart

Re: New Omega Limited Edition- "Speedy Tuesday"...

Post by Heuerville » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:25 am

Good point.
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:39 am

Good looking watch. I wouldn't necessarily buy to resell, as there's not much room at a purchase price of $6500, but it's a great watch to wear!

Resale will be lower on this since it was a release targeted to the online watch community. A much higher percentage of the 2012 will be available for resale shortly after delivery (unlike others like the Snoopy or others that probably sold many to regular customers).
:htfu:

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:33 am

Damn it looks hot!

However, for that amount of money I would try to source a preloved Apollo 11 45th anniversary (there are two on Recon right now for 6.5k-6.7k). Or a Snoopy, but those are too expensive right now.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

tmw
Name: The Enabler

Post by tmw » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:47 am

I love the watch.

But the premise more.

"For half a decade, an online community of #SpeedyTuesday fans" it starts out. 5 fucking years of wrist shots. That have nothing to do with omega. Just fans. Lol.

Next LE. Omegaristi.com or whatever omega forums are next. DWCOmegafanbois is also the next version. What about the Heuerville Omega LE (now that would really be a good one).
Stan, don’t you know the first law of physics? Anything that’s fun costs at least eight dollars”
-- Eric Cartman

“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:00 pm

tmw wrote:I love the watch.

But the premise more.

"For half a decade, an online community of #SpeedyTuesday fans" it starts out. 5 fucking years of wrist shots. That have nothing to do with omega. Just fans. Lol.

Next LE. Omegaristi.com or whatever omega forums are next. DWCOmegafanbois is also the next version. What about the Heuerville Omega LE (now that would really be a good one).
Panerai was the FIRST thing to my mind as well. :lol:

"OmegaForum Forever" version!
:htfu:

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:26 pm

At least it's better than a Facebook group Aquajive.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: New Omega Limited Edition-

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:29 pm

CGSshorty wrote:At least it's better than a Facebook group Aquajive.
AJ did a FB version?

WOW They did. Look at this steamer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by toxicavenger on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Heuerville

Post by Heuerville » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:37 pm

matt.wu wrote:Good looking watch. I wouldn't necessarily buy to resell, as there's not much room at a purchase price of $6500, but it's a great watch to wear!

Resale will be lower on this since it was a release targeted to the online watch community. A much higher percentage of the 2012 will be available for resale shortly after delivery (unlike others like the Snoopy or others that probably sold many to regular customers).
Talking of the Snoopy version..
I've seen one that is made from NOS service parts, it's $3650. Anyone think this is a good/bad purchase?
"SOB get me a drink"

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Heuerville wrote:
matt.wu wrote:Good looking watch. I wouldn't necessarily buy to resell, as there's not much room at a purchase price of $6500, but it's a great watch to wear!

I've seen one that is made from NOS service parts, it's $3650. Anyone think this is a good/bad purchase?
Is that like a Watchco version kind of?

Heuerville

Post by Heuerville » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:41 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Heuerville wrote:

Is that like a Watchco version kind of?
Yeah, I guess so.
"SOB get me a drink"

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:42 pm

Heuerville wrote:

I hate that snoopy watch, but it doesn't seem too bad - if it was built on a nice and newish watch.

Heuerville

Post by Heuerville » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:49 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Heuerville wrote:

I hate that snoopy watch, but it doesn't seem too bad - if it was built on a nice and newish watch.

You're right actually - plus there are better 'missions' watches out there for not a lot more.
"SOB get me a drink"

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Heuerville wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
Heuerville wrote:

You're right actually - plus there are better 'missions' watches out there for not a lot more.
I have the blue/white panda (Gemini whatever) and I like it a lot. I also like the white/black panda LE.

craniotes
Thread Pooper
Name: Ad Rock

Post by craniotes » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:48 pm

They fookin' nailed this one.

Okay, so maybe (just maybe) the "#speedytuesday" thing is a bit cheesy, but if it results in something this cool, then who am I to argue? And while the price may seem steep, unlike the CK2998, I'm 99.9% sure that this one's gonna appreciate in value (we'll agree too disagree here, Master Wu). True, it may not achieve Snoopy levels of insanity -- yes, I own a Silver Snoop, and yes, I think the secondary market for them is nucking futz -- but it will go up.

Congrats, Rahul, on reserving yours. :thumbsup: Man, I wish I could say that I was on the list with you, but right now I've gotta put my cash towards things other than watches (sacrilege, I know, but somehow I doubt anyone's shedding tears on my behalf.)

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:26 pm

I really like this one and love the fact the 1861 still lives in the twisted lug speedy pro.

When the cal. 9904 was introduced I was afraid it was the beginning of the end for the 42mm LEs but it seems it just might be the end of the cal. 1866 which had its quirks.

Wish it had a lumed bezel... I think that upgrade is due since the latest "cheesier" silver snoopy (which has grown on me -- would love to own one). Agree the price is stupid but if you have the means a 1998 bracelet is easy pickings, although it may need to be fully brushed to match, unless I missed the part this is made from grade5 titanium.

Gives me a shred of hope that the Apollo 15th 45th LE might still happen (not holding my breath) and reassurance the Apollo 11th 50th will be unobtanium-level cool.

Speaking of the 1866, if my watch is coming in at $6500 without bracelet I'd be looking for a 3689.30.31 or 3695.50.31 instead for $2.5k more but that's just me. :shrug: Glad to hear those here are going for it because I certainly would be if I could. :thumbsup:
Last edited by sierra11b on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:04 am

I was having dinner with my wife last night and proudly told her about the restraint I showed not pulling the trigger on the new Speedmaster LE, despite the fact that I had reservation in hand. She said "why didn't you get it?! You could have always flipped it if you didn't like it" . :shock: Son of a b*tch.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:47 am

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:01 am

If anyone is interested, it looks like some are becoming available on Omega's website, probably due to people not confirming their reservation within 24 hours.

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:32 am

I hope you're right - I really like this piece.

All brushed case too, yes? Never seen that before.
Send lawyers, guns and money...

cdnwatchguy
Name: Keith

Post by cdnwatchguy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:10 am

I must admit I like the looks of this on the NATO strap over the leather. Maybe I am softening.
cheers,

Keith

ncstate1201
Name: Geoff B

Post by ncstate1201 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:47 am

Love the lumed sub dials, but is this one really different enough to go up in value from 6500? I think maybe initially and then back down, but who knows maybe I am wrong and it ends up like the Alaska project

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:54 pm

like :thumbsup:
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:59 pm

dukerules wrote:If anyone is interested, it looks like some are becoming available on Omega's website, probably due to people not confirming their reservation within 24 hours.
I refreshed for about an hour - no go.