Dam still deals out there

Discussion of Omega watches.
River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Dam still deals out there

Post by River Rat » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Some one got a pre-moon Speedy for under a 1000 bucks wish it was me. Just the bracelet worth what it sold for.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-SPEEDMAST ... 7675.l2557

TSD
Name: Tom

Re: Dam still deals out there

Post by TSD » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:45 pm

Incredible, Mike. Barn find. Love it when something special like that happens. Hope the guy who caught it knows what he has.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:47 pm

Hope it wasn't a scam or altered

TSD

Post by TSD » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:09 pm

Looks correct. Dot over 90, correct dial, bracelet, etc. The only pre-moon Speedy I've ever seen in person was at a local pawn shop a year ago. It had everything replaced (hands, bezel, crystal, service case back, incorrect bracelet, etc.) and they still have it listed for sale at $6k. I told them they'll never sell it for all the money, and shouldn't hold it out as all original. I guess they live by different rules in that biz. Caveat emptor.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:30 pm

there is some dude on ebay that has been doing bait and switch with rolex's, i am leery of any great price there now

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:24 am

toxicavenger wrote:there is some dude on ebay that has been doing bait and switch with rolex's, i am leery of any great price there now
Well there are some people out there that know nothing about watches. Don't know the crazy prices some will pay like us will pay if we want it bad enough. I got a buddy who got his Dads Speedy after he past away. It was a no crown guard pre-moon with a panda white dial I think they are called one I never seen before mite be a rare one. He is a Gardner for a water dist. he wore it to work and broke it he does not remember what he did with the bracelet. I told him it mite be worth some thing he all most gave it to me for free once I could not take it since I know the value and told him what I thought it could be worth and he mite then got a clue. That how deals get on ebay some times some one don't know nothing about what they are selling he mite of searched Ebay since it was beat up sold it for half price but did not know the older ones no matter there condition are worth way more than a mint new one.

TSD

Post by TSD » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:27 am

^^^Exactly. If you look at the seller's other items, he's only selling Jeep CJ parts and random crap. I would bet he had no idea what he had!

That's how I found my Seiko 6138 on eBay. Lady took crappy pics of what she found in a drawer, Hardlex scratched but totally original, never opened. A service and a NOS crystal later, and I ended up with a score of a birth year Seiko. :grin:

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:54 am

obviously the seller had no idea what he had... a little googling and the guy could've pocketed a few extra grand :doh:
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison