An interesting take on modern Omegas

Discussion of Omega watches.
425ranger
OMGWTFBBQ
Name: Bill

An interesting take on modern Omegas

Post by 425ranger » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:07 am

Barron's reassess it's stance on Omega due to the strong showing of new models. I've always thought highly of Omega, but since the 8500 series watches it's been win after win for me....
Retired
Key West, FL
Have a sparkling day.

homathetes
Name: Andrew

Re: An interesting take on modern Omegas

Post by homathetes » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:59 am

Great article!

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:10 am

homathetes wrote:Great article!
+1 thanks for sharing.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:19 am

seriously, though, are we overstating the need for a 15,000 gauss antimagnetic movement here?
anyone wearing a mechanical watch while using a laptop, sitting near loudspeakers, or handling a tablet is at risk of magnetizing his watch due to the powerful magnetic fields emanating from some of those devices.

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:23 am

gwells wrote:seriously, though, are we overstating the need for a 15,000 gauss antimagnetic movement here?
anyone wearing a mechanical watch while using a laptop, sitting near loudspeakers, or handling a tablet is at risk of magnetizing his watch due to the powerful magnetic fields emanating from some of those devices.
Just a little bit.
only accurate watches are interesting

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:23 am

gwells wrote:seriously, though, are we overstating the need for a 15,000 gauss antimagnetic movement here?
I've been wearing a mechanical watch for over 10 years and never once had a watch magnetized. I like current Omega, but the extremely ugly and debatably useful Omegauss is a terrible example of what they're doing right.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:09 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
I've been wearing a mechanical watch for over 10 years and never once had a watch magnetized. I like current Omega, but the extremely ugly and debatably useful Omegauss is a terrible example of what they're doing right.
They definitely do better when they're building on their own designs like the Speedmaster than when they're trying to rip off Rolex like with the gauss watch.