PO clasp upgrade

Discussion of Omega watches.
Post Reply
ChuckW
Posts: 1392
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Name: Chuck
Location: Atlanta

PO clasp upgrade

Post by ChuckW » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:25 pm

Did the upgrade to the adjustable clasp on my 2500D.

Image

Image

Image
Image

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 29039
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by matt.wu » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Game changer!
:htfu:

User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 16995
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by rockmastermike » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:56 pm

Good move

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 15975
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by mattcantwin » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:11 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:05 pm
Game changer!
:cheers:
Image

richard.k.johnson02
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:00 am

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by richard.k.johnson02 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:39 am

I like that it’s easy to adjust while still on the wrist. Congrats


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Zidane
Stevie's Nick
Posts: 3707
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:36 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Kennesaw, GA

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by Zidane » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:19 am

Best mod ever.

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 15975
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by mattcantwin » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:18 am

richard.k.johnson02 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:39 am
I like that it’s easy to adjust while still on the wrist.
I never tried to adjust the clasp while on the wrist.


Gave it a go; guess I have too many thumbs. :raised:
Image

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 34538
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:00 am

I find the Omega clasp easier to use than Glidelock.

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 32716
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by CGSshorty » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:23 am

hoppyjr wrote:I find the Omega clasp easier to use than Glidelock.
Super easy to adjust while on the wrist.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Posts: 16377
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm
Name: Dave
Location: Canada

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by JDC222 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:30 am

I need one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

User avatar
Captdave
Posts: 4258
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:15 pm
Name: Dave
Location: To be determined

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by Captdave » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:37 am

JDC222 wrote:I need one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Me too


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

User avatar
stonehead887
Posts: 1398
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 am
Name: Jeremy
Location: Northamptonshire, England
Contact:

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by stonehead887 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:19 am

Nice upgrade. I did the same to my Seamaster 300. Makes the watch even more comfortable

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


ChuckW
Posts: 1392
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Name: Chuck
Location: Atlanta

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by ChuckW » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:53 pm

stonehead887 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:19 am
Nice upgrade. I did the same to my Seamaster 300. Makes the watch even more comfortable

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I didn't really find the OEM clasp uncomfortable or lacking good fitment, but decided on the upgrade because the original clasp failed to stay closed because the diver extension was loose. I took the new clasp to a good jeweler for install because the boutique that supplied the parts wouldn't do it. The jeweler was also able to fix the old clasp to close crisp and firm, so I now have that as well.
Image

User avatar
PowerChucker
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:47 am

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by PowerChucker » Fri May 22, 2020 3:48 pm

Will this clasp fit the SMPc? I have a 2017 model and could use some extra breathing room when my wrist swells.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChuckW
Posts: 1392
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Name: Chuck
Location: Atlanta

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by ChuckW » Fri May 22, 2020 6:03 pm

PowerChucker wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:48 pm
Will this clasp fit the SMPc? I have a 2017 model and could use some extra breathing room when my wrist swells.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure it should fit your bracelet without having to do the modifications I had to do on mine. It was designed to fit Omega 20mm bracelets with screw links. If you order it through a boutique or directly from Omega, it shouldn't cost much over $100.
Image

ChuckW
Posts: 1392
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Name: Chuck
Location: Atlanta

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by ChuckW » Fri May 22, 2020 6:05 pm

ChuckW wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:03 pm
PowerChucker wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:48 pm
Will this clasp fit the SMPc? I have a 2017 model and could use some extra breathing room when my wrist swells.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure it should fit your bracelet without having to do the modifications I had to do on mine. It was designed to fit Omega bracelets with screw links. If you order it through a boutique or directly from Omega, it shouldn't cost much over $100.
Image

User avatar
PowerChucker
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:47 am

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by PowerChucker » Sat May 23, 2020 7:10 am

Thank you very much Chuck!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richard.k.johnson02
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:00 am

Re: PO clasp upgrade

Post by richard.k.johnson02 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:54 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:I find the Omega clasp easier to use than Glidelock.
Super easy to adjust while on the wrist.
^ this


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests