Introducing the Sinn EZM 1.1 Limited Edition

Discussion of Sinn watches.
gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Re: Introducing the Sinn EZM 1.1 Limited Edition

Post by gr8sw » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:24 pm

no substitute for the original imho...

my friend in Frankfurt told me about the 1.1 a couple weeks ago, size and price were no-gos... but I'm sure it will be a home-run for Sinn and a future collectible (if we can keep N.Korea in check) :cheers:

ezm1.jpg
guarantee.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gr8sw on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

Nomadz
Name: Nick

Post by Nomadz » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:49 am

Its not remotely the legendary EZM1. Its got functionality that is similar but different. The construction and visuals are completely different, its the EZM1- roid edition but not in a good way. I hardly think the EZM1 had any reputation for being unreliable, difficult to work on yes, but not if you just send it to Sinn. Ben we all know, has a particular talent for making great watches break :dance:
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:00 am

I dunno, I think it's pretty damn faithful re-release of the EZM1.
:htfu:

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:03 am

Wish USD was stronger against Euro, it's 3980€ after you take out VAT. Funny how some watch companies simply adjust for USD, Euro, Canadian etc and the price is similar in numbers regardless of the currency across countries. Or Swiss companies list at Swiss Francs which is similar to $.
Oh well, nice watch and congrats to those who got it.

Nomadz
Name: Nick

Post by Nomadz » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:22 am

matt.wu wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:00 am
I dunno, I think it's pretty damn faithful re-release of the EZM1.

In fairness it looks similar. In reality i would bet its going to look quite different. Its much larger and its steel not titanium, so the color will be quite different. Function with exact minute jumps might actually be better. The original was quite an elegant but tough tool watch. Now i regret selling all three of mine :banghead:
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:50 am

gr8sw wrote:no substitute for the original imho...

my friend in Frankfurt told me about the 1.1 a couple weeks ago, size and price were no-gos... but I'm sure it will be a home-run for Sinn and a future collectible (if we can keep N.Korea in check) :cheers:

ezm1.jpg
At first when I heard the leak, I had the same thoughts as Peter. Then I realized how much I love the look of the U1P on my wrist and I also love the look and finish of the tegmented SS.

Nomadz wrote:Its not remotely the legendary EZM1. Its got functionality that is similar but different. The construction and visuals are completely different, its the EZM1- roid edition but not in a good way. I hardly think the EZM1 had any reputation for being unreliable, difficult to work on yes, but not if you just send it to Sinn. Ben we all know, has a particular talent for making great watches break :dance:
Nick is right about one thing- I have a history of ruining watches and especially Sinn's :)
And funny enough, I always saw the EZM 10 as a 156 on steroids.

I am not seeing a completely different watch like some of you guys are- I'm seeing a modern update.

Look at that EZM2. Look at the EZM 2b also known as the UX. It's a bigger, better constructed updated version. The dial and hands changed drastically but its form and function is still there.
-

When I first heard about this I figured it would be called the EZM1b. The only function it is losing from the original is 100m water resistant. Going from 300m to 200m is a slight downgrade, but not enough for me to care as it'll be in the pool and swimming in the ocean. Even better is that it utilizes the Sinn D3 system for its crown and pushers. So unlike the original EZM1, the pushers can be used in water.
The dial and hands, bezel and case are all there from the original- just slightly bigger.
I was ok with 42mm, but being 43mm, I wasn't going to let 1mm bother me too much. And the thickness is pretty much the same as the original. I say this now, but I will never know how it fits me until I strap it on my wrist. So one of the first 5 released in the USA may be for sale on DWC sooner than later.

I can understand the backlash over this from the hardcore Sinn crowd. The EZM1 is a classic. I put myself in the same boat as Wu, I see it as a faithful re edition.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:59 am

Aside from price, What I've read here and other forums the majority of the "negative" comments are from former/current owners of the OG model - fair enough as they can speak from experience the rest of us don't have.

A handful of the current/former owners are on board with the improvements.

And of course the ones with no ownership bias one way or the other seem to be onboard as well.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:39 am

I'll get killed for this, but the original EZM1 was probably the most disappointing watch I've ever owned. Couldn't wait to flip it. I bet I'll like the reissue better. But I like the U1P more than either.

tmw
Name: The Enabler

Post by tmw » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:42 am

I can't wait for this. Rarely been this excited for a watch.

Anyone want a u1p?
Stan, don’t you know the first law of physics? Anything that’s fun costs at least eight dollars”
-- Eric Cartman

“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:52 am

dukerules wrote:I'll get killed for this, but the original EZM1 was probably the most disappointing watch I've ever owned. Couldn't wait to flip it. I bet I'll like the reissue better. But I like the U1P more than either.

I remember how you felt about the ezm1, you always pushed the 156 as a better vehicle for the Lemania 5100. I get it, it's not for everyone that's for sure.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:56 am

Panerai7 wrote:Wish USD was stronger against Euro, it's 3980€ after you take out VAT. Funny how some watch companies simply adjust for USD, Euro, Canadian etc and the price is similar in numbers regardless of the currency across countries. Or Swiss companies list at Swiss Francs which is similar to $.
Oh well, nice watch and congrats to those who got it.
Is the number what is important, or the value of the currency?
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:20 am

foodle wrote:SS?
43mm?
Reservation deposit is the same as I paid for my entire 3H EZM1?

... was tempted at first blush, but I'm a no on this one.

Wowzer I missed this! Man if I could go back in time and have some sort of job at 13 maybe I could have done the same ;) :lol:
DEATH FROM ABOVE

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:30 am

I prefer the Teg SS over the Ti. I have three 103s, one being Ti, a U2 and U1Pro in Teg SS. The 103 Ti seems to scratch way freekin' easy and I pamper my sh$t. This is from a lug bar scratch(less than 1mm) in one of the internal surface of the lug. I will never see it, but if it did that, I know what can happen to the rest of the case if I'm not too careful. The Teg SS is the balls.

I love the size and fit of my U2 and U1 Pro at 44mm with L2L of 50mm. This 43mm Teg SS will just be even sweeter on my small wrist, especially if the L2L is at or below 50mm.

I'm wearing my U1 Pro right now at Epcot Food & Wine Festival (hot as hell out here) and love it.

I have always wanted the EZM1. This one has better spec for me as far as size, movement, lume, and material choice is concerned. As Wu mentioned already, I agree that it is a "pretty damn faithful re-release of the EZM1."
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:02 pm

My ezm1 scratched if you looked at it.

tmw
Name: The Enabler

Post by tmw » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:14 pm

At the end of the day, you can't make everyone happy with re-issues. The original ezm1 owners complained when the LE ezm1 version of 250 came out which was exact to the original except a couple of minor improvements and a le number inscribed on the case.

We have conversations like this all the time.

This keeps the original owners and purists happy with collectability. The value hopefully will start to go up again, instead of flat to slightly downward.

This gets new owners a faithful re-edition with modern upgrades.
Stan, don’t you know the first law of physics? Anything that’s fun costs at least eight dollars”
-- Eric Cartman

“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:22 pm

tmw wrote:At the end of the day, you can't make everyone happy with re-issues. The original ezm1 owners complained when the LE ezm1 version of 250 came out which was exact to the original except a couple of minor improvements and a le number inscribed on the case.

This keeps the original owners and purists happy with collectability. The value hopefully will start to go up again, instead of flat to slightly downward.

:thumbsup:
:htfu:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:44 pm

I kinda wish I had an extra $5k sitting around.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:50 pm

tmw wrote:At the end of the day, you can't make everyone happy with re-issues. The original ezm1 owners complained when the LE ezm1 version of 250 came out which was exact to the original except a couple of minor improvements and a le number inscribed on the case.

Well said
DEATH FROM ABOVE

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:07 pm

DP (again)

Last edited by hoppyjr on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

namor
Name: Seth

Post by namor » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:47 pm

I think it will be a great watch, but find the name irksome. That's a pretty petty thing in an otherwise clean looking addition to the Sinn lineup.

BTW - the original EZM1 pushers are usable underwater
www.usmcscoutsniper.org - Life Member
“Qualified to deport with denizens of the deep, mermaids, and other inhabitants of the realm of Neptune.”

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:17 pm

I'm just going to leave this here :love: (Ben's pic from the WRUW thread yesterday)

(And I think I need this EZM1.1, too :think: )

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:26 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:52 am
dukerules wrote:I'll get killed for this, but the original EZM1 was probably the most disappointing watch I've ever owned. Couldn't wait to flip it. I bet I'll like the reissue better. But I like the U1P more than either.

I remember how you felt about the ezm1, you always pushed the 156 as a better vehicle for the Lemania 5100. I get it, it's not for everyone that's for sure.
Functionally, the EZM1 is incredible. Such a clean way to time something that's 60 or fewer minutes. That said, I often time things longer than 60 minutes. It felt so lightweight, unlike any other Ti watch I've owned, yet was a thick little puck on the wrist. The bezel action was awful on mine (although I think it was just a worn bezel mechanism). And those folded bracelet endlinks, and the bracelet itself, just did not do it for me. All that said, it's such a clean chronograph. I think the new one one, with its tegimented steel, would be a pretty sweet beater.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:33 pm

dukerules wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:52 am

Functionally, the EZM1 is incredible. Such a clean way to time something that's 60 or fewer minutes. That said, I often time things longer than 60 minutes. It felt so lightweight, unlike any other Ti watch I've owned, yet was a thick little puck on the wrist. The bezel action was awful on mine (although I think it was just a worn bezel mechanism). And those folded bracelet endlinks, and the bracelet itself, just did not do it for me. All that said, it's such a clean chronograph. I think the new one one, with its tegimented steel, would be a pretty sweet beater.
Longer than 60 minutes? You're married right? Shouldn't even need more than a 30 min counter. :lol:

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:49 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:02 pm
My ezm1 scratched if you looked at it.
:lol:
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

Nellipj
Name: Patrick

Post by Nellipj » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:07 pm

I reserved mine. With the U1P and now the 1.1 I will have the perfect Sinn 3 hander and the perfect Sinn Chrono. The full Tegiment treatment made the decision for me. My U1P is incredible with how well it does not scratch. This one is pricy, but the 140 with the same movement is $4330. With all the modern updates to this re-issue, it's worth it for me.