Got my Sinn 103 back

Discussion of Sinn watches.
vanquish
Name: James

Re: Got my Sinn 103 back

Post by vanquish » Mon May 15, 2017 2:49 pm

logan2z wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 11:33 am
River Rat wrote:They did say they will pay for return shipping but the way I see it if they botched the job they pay both ways.
No question.
That is unacceptable and some POS customer service.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:20 pm

River Rat wrote:I got one question did they make you pay for shipping it back with the hand off.
BBK357 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 6:51 pm
1- mike rover rat, that 103 looks amazing ! I love the handwind with the date only. Dibs.

2- did you say 5 weeks?? I sent my 103 to them on 12/6/16. I just got my bill from them on 4/27!
I have no clue why it took that long, if I remember right I had to call and email them several times because I didn't get my estimate until 1/4. Anyway, I paid this week so hopefully I'll have it next week. Never got shipping noticed and I called today to ask why.... but Vikki was of course out of her office.
I had parts that they needed to get from Germany, but If I'm waiting for 4 months I should have just sent it to Sinn initially. I guess in my mind I was thinking it would be faster through RGM... wrong.

3- no surprise it didn't come back the way it was supposed to. My unique no 24hr dial 156 came back to me on Christmas Eve of 2015... only to have the minute hand reset to '50 instead of '00... and on my second try the hand actually fell off. The letter I sent to Vikki was probably the most volatile letter I've ever written. And look at me, I used them again.

All I can hope for is that mine comes back in good shape next week.

I paid for it. But to be honest I never inquired. I sent it before I heard back from anyone via phone or email- didn't have time to wait for that.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Got my Sinn 103 back

Post by BBK357 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:22 pm

Well I called rgm to speak with Vikki today. I tried Friday too. Never got ahold of her. No word on when they are going to ship or plan to and nobody there acts like they know shit except for Vikki. I paid last week.

Someone please bump this thread next time I break a Sinn and it needs serviced so I can just ship it to Germany

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue May 16, 2017 8:53 am

BBK357 wrote:Well I called rgm to speak with Vikki today. I tried Friday too. Never got ahold of her. No word on when they are going to ship or plan to and nobody there acts like they know shit except for Vikki. I paid last week.

Someone please bump this thread next time I break a Sinn and it needs serviced so I can just ship it to Germany Image

Between Mike's shipping situation and the delays you've experienced, RGM isn't making Sinn look good. Maybe Rob @ WB can put a bug in Sinn's ear about this stuff?

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Tue May 16, 2017 9:38 am

hoppyjr wrote:
BBK357 wrote:Well I called rgm to speak with Vikki today. I tried Friday too. Never got ahold of her. No word on when they are going to ship or plan to and nobody there acts like they know shit except for Vikki. I paid last week.

Someone please bump this thread next time I break a Sinn and it needs serviced so I can just ship it to Germany Image

Between Mike's shipping situation and the delays you've experienced, RGM isn't making Sinn look good. Maybe Rob @ WB can put a bug in Sinn's ear about this stuff?
The primary reason I no longer own a Sinn. Service options for US customers are poor.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Tue May 16, 2017 9:44 am

logan2z wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

The primary reason I no longer own a Sinn. Service options for US customers are poor.
After what you experienced I'm not surprised.

This is why I'd always stick to basic 3-hand Sinn models; less to go wrong, easier to service or repair, less opportunity for service screw ups.

It's really a shame because Sinn really is unique, great looking, and likely durable.

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Tue May 16, 2017 9:52 am

hoppyjr wrote:
logan2z wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

This is why I'd always stick to basic 3-hand Sinn models; less to go wrong, easier to service or repair, less opportunity for service screw ups.

It's really a shame because Sinn really is unique, great looking, and likely durable.
Mine was essentially a 3-hand watch. OK, it had a UTC function but not what I'd consider a complicated watch :shrug:

I like Sinn watches a lot but not enough to deal with the service woes.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Tue May 16, 2017 12:50 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 9:44 am
logan2z wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

My thoughts too, avoid any of the argon/capsule stuff that has to deal with Sinn service. Stick with a U1 and the like with basic movements that anyone can service.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Tue May 16, 2017 1:01 pm

dnslater wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 9:44 am
logan2z wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

My thoughts too, avoid any of the argon/capsule stuff that has to deal with Sinn service. Stick with a U1 and the like with basic movements that anyone can service.
Actually I'm not sure the argon is much more than hype. That said, I'd think it pretty simple for RGM to do the gas fill. The capsule is simply a screw-in affair. I inquired of RGM last year and a gas fill and capsule replacement was about $130 as I recall. If it's simply a blue capsule and newer watch (not in need of service) that's pretty reasonable.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu May 18, 2017 10:54 am

Well just got a email from Vikki they are reimbursing me back the cost of me shipping the Sinn 103 back to them. So looks like there customer service is improving so my hats off to RGM on that.

vanquish
Name: James

Post by vanquish » Thu May 18, 2017 12:53 pm

River Rat wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 10:54 am
Well just got a email from Vikki they are reimbursing me back the cost of me shipping the Sinn 103 back to them. So looks like there customer service is improving so my hats off to RGM on that.
Great news!

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Got my Sinn 103 back

Post by BBK357 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Just got mine back today..... and no complaints. Everything looks good, keeping great time and I was excited to have it on my wrist after a long wait.

Last edited by BBK357 on Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Thu May 18, 2017 1:16 pm

^ good stuff!

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Thu May 18, 2017 2:00 pm

great news, Mike! and that looks tits, Ben :rock:
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu May 18, 2017 4:59 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm
Just got mine back today..... and no complaints. Everything looks good, keeping great time and I was excited to have it on my wrist after a long wait.

Dam that looks good at least one of us got there watch back and glad your happy with RGM work.

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Thu May 18, 2017 5:29 pm

River Rat wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 10:54 am
Good to hear they did the right thing.

petethegreek
Name: Pete

Post by petethegreek » Mon May 22, 2017 7:58 pm

BBK357 wrote:Just got mine back today..... and no complaints. Everything looks good, keeping great time and I was excited to have it on my wrist after a long wait.

Just saw this was resolved-glad to hear it worked out and that RGM stepped up to the plate

That 103 is amazing!!

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:22 am

petethegreek wrote:
BBK357 wrote:Just got mine back today..... and no complaints. Everything looks good, keeping great time and I was excited to have it on my wrist after a long wait.

Just saw this was resolved-glad to hear it worked out and that RGM stepped up to the plate

That 103 is amazing!!

Thanks!
DEATH FROM ABOVE

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue May 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Sinn really needs find a better service center in the US for their watches.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:52 pm

toxicavenger wrote:Sinn really needs find a better service center in the US for their watches.
Sinn really needs to just step up and create a US branch with a service center.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue May 23, 2017 2:53 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 2:52 pm
toxicavenger wrote:Sinn really needs find a better service center in the US for their watches.

Agreed. Watchbuy should make their business into one so that they can service everything they sell.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:19 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 2:53 pm
streetracer101 wrote:

Agreed. Watchbuy should make their business into one so that they can service everything they sell.
No, watchbuys should have a competition for Sinn purchases in USA so every model they sell is not 500-800 more than in Europe

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:21 am

Panerai7 wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 2:53 pm
streetracer101 wrote:

No, watchbuys should have a competition for Sinn purchases in USA so every model they sell is not 500-800 more than in Europe
That benefits both Sinn and WB, but I don't it'll ever change so long as the demand remains high.

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Wed May 24, 2017 6:18 am

BBK357 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Mine never looked that good.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:04 pm

Well I sent a email to see the statist on my 103 and you know how they want to fix it replace the sweep hand that distinctive Heuer Bund type hand with patina is what makes it WTF white colored hand with a hand shape like every other Sinn 103 that will look out of place with the rest of the golden colored patina on the dial what did they do screw it up. They better solve it with the original hand or give me a full refund for a botched job. And I will send it to a watchmaker that will do what they can't.