How long til u1 shorty hits the FS block?

Discussion of Sinn watches.
ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:29 am

I'm betting within a week.. Or more like hoping :)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: How long til u1 shorty hits the FS block?

Post by streetracer101 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:36 am

Give it a few weeks, but it'll probably take close to a year for the prices to dib below $2k.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:40 am

yeah ill bet. Ill be patient!

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:44 am

Given how limited this piece is, it may be one of the few Sinns that trades above MSRP on the used market. Look at used U2C prices, for example.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:52 am

I doubt it. I bet most of the buyers were U1 owners before and they knew what it would wear like. That is the problem with most watches when they are a completely new model, this was an enhanced standard model.

So your cheap ass might be waiting a long time. And if anything it might be higher in price.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:29 am

A few will come up and my guess is they'll end up selling for 2-2.3k then less later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:13 pm

toxicavenger wrote:I doubt it. I bet most of the buyers were U1 owners before and they knew what it would wear like. That is the problem with most watches when they are a completely new model, this was an enhanced standard model.

So your cheap ass might be waiting a long time. And if anything it might be higher in price.
I'm in this camp. Domed crystal is the singular thing that U1 owners have been asking for for years.

And if I sell mine one day, it'll be for $4k to the non-US market.

:)
:htfu:

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:34 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
You got me.

matt.wu
Wu

Post by matt.wu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:44 pm

ericf4 wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
You got me.

To be frank, there really isn't a different way to interpret this thread when there are watches available.

It's fine if that's your choice but then embrace it.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:37 pm

I'm usually not a cheap ass- but this was for real the worst possible time for me. I determine to sell most of what I have in order to pay some bills. I really hope in time I get to snag one.

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:43 pm

BBK357 wrote:I'm usually not a cheap ass- but this was for real the worst possible time for me. I determine to sell most of what I have in order to pay some bills. I really hope in time I get to snag one.

There are about 35-40 left. There is going to be a feature in one of the big online gear sites soon that will more than likely result in them selling out quickly.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:21 pm

matt.wu wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
You got me.

To be frank, there really isn't a different way to interpret this thread when there are watches available.

It's fine if that's your choice but then embrace it.
Uh I think I am embracing it.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:02 am

No you're not. You're posting asinine threads about how long it will take for Chris's U1 to start showing up in FS posts. I find it insulting on more than one level, but will join the choir and reiterate you're a cheap ass, there's plenty left from Sinn/WB, and when these ever do hit sales corners, it won't be retail or less. So, good luck there fella.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:14 am

BSears wrote:No you're not. You're posting asinine threads about how long it will take for Chris's U1 to start showing up in FS posts. I find it insulting on more than one level, but will join the choir and reiterate you're a cheap ass, there's plenty left from Sinn/WB, and when these ever do hit sales corners, it won't be retail or less. So, good luck there fella.
Brad you've got to be kidding. No Insult to Chris or the watch. Take a pill. Jesus. Simply the fact that I'm watch poor due to a bunch of recent watch buys and sinking a fortune into my basement build so hopeful to get one preowned.

And btw I understand that they are still available bnib at watch buys. That doesn't discount the fact that perhaps I would hope to get one preowned after the dust settles a bit. Not for you to say that's right or wrong.

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:14 am

Eric's like a puppy, all energetic and bouncy, but eventually he'll pee on the rug and someone's gonna have to whack him with a newspaper.

:gayumbrella:
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:15 am

BSears wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:02 am
No you're not. You're posting asinine threads about how long it will take for Chris's U1 to start showing up in FS posts. I find it insulting on more than one level, but will join the choir and reiterate you're a cheap ass, there's plenty left from Sinn/WB, and when these ever do hit sales corners, it won't be retail or less. So, good luck there fella.
I totally agree.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:22 am

jeckyll wrote:Eric's like a puppy, all energetic and bouncy, but eventually he'll pee on the rug and someone's gonna have to whack him with a newspaper.

Now that's funny.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:38 am

jeckyll wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:14 am
Eric's like a puppy, all energetic and bouncy, but eventually he'll pee on the rug and someone's gonna have to whack him with a newspaper.

so true

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 am

BSears wrote:
In all fairness, this topic comes up time to time with other brands regularly and there isn't name calling and targeting towards the OP. In some threads, the recurring theme is pre-owned sales and grey market price trends of a new release.The big difference is that this is a DWC project of sorts and I guess that makes it ok to belittle Eric and anyone else who expresses an opinion contrary to the masses here :shrug:

Chris did a nice job on this watch, but I still struggle with the idea of a nearly $3k U1 purchase. I am sure it'll sell out, and if prices do fall then I'll probably jump on one. If not, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:36 am

streetracer101 wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 am
I still struggle with the idea of a nearly $3k U1 purchase
You're not the only one. Sinn wanted WB to price this much closer to 3k than it is now. After much discussion it was decided that would be a tough sell, no matter how nice it is. WB decided to eat much of the cost so it could go to market at a decent price. If you compare this to some of the LEs put out in other markets, it is a good deal. Those other LEs were nothing more than redials with no value added to a base U1. The domed crystal, tegimented case , and brand new dial all cost significant money.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:46 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:36 am
streetracer101 wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 am
I still struggle with the idea of a nearly $3k U1 purchase
You're not the only one. Sinn wanted WB to price this much closer to 3k than it is now. After much discussion it was decided that would be a tough sell, no matter how nice it is. WB decided to eat much of the cost so it could go to market at a decent price. If you compare this to some of the LEs put out in other markets, it is a good deal. Those other LEs were nothing more than redials with no value added to a base U1. The domed crystal, tegimented case , and brand new dial all cost significant money.
I respect WBs for that.
When you compare the pro model to the standard U1, the price is fair given the alterations needed to bring it to life. Even at their current prices it could be argued that many Sinn models are under-priced when compared to bigger brands when you factor in build quality and tech. That said, years of lower prices (5-10 yrs ago) are burnt into many Sinn fan brains and it's hard to overcome that for people like me.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:18 am

streetracer101 wrote:
BSears wrote:
In all fairness, this topic comes up time to time with other brands regularly and there isn't name calling and targeting towards the OP. In some threads, the recurring theme is pre-owned sales and grey market price trends of a new release.The big difference is that this is a DWC project of sorts and I guess that makes it ok to belittle Eric and anyone else who expresses an opinion contrary to the masses here :shrug:

Chris did a nice job on this watch, but I still struggle with the idea of a nearly $3k U1 purchase. I am sure it'll sell out, and if prices do fall then I'll probably jump on one. If not, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
Well those that generally have an issue dont even have a dog in the race most of the time. Chris and I are fine so no need for anyone to stop the bad man here.

Sidheguitarist
Man of many calibers.
Name: Michael

Post by Sidheguitarist » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:50 am

Chris, show us on the dial where the bad man touched you.

I think the watch looks so killer that it should require a permit for ownership.

On the other hand, I first fell in with this sordid lot by purchasing an original recipe U1 from Wu; it ain't 2010 anymore, true, but I'm pretty sure a U1 was a lot closer to 1k in minty condition back then—that's indeed the institutional memory. But it doesn't matter: this LE will sell out, and probably before I can raise the 2.7K...

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:38 pm

I think the price is very reasonable given the upgrades, if anyone cares what I think :shrug:

matt.wu
Wu

Post by matt.wu » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:23 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
BSears wrote:
Personally, I think Chris's long term involvement is a big difference in how the "how long until this watch is cheap enough until it's worth it for me" discussion is approached.