How long til u1 shorty hits the FS block?

Discussion of Sinn watches.
unixshrk
This. Truth.
Name: Chris

Re: How long til u1 shorty hits the FS block?

Post by unixshrk » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:33 pm

matt.wu wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
BSears wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:02 am
No you're not. You're posting asinine threads about how long it will take for Chris's U1 to start showing up in FS posts. I find it insulting on more than one level, but will join the choir and reiterate you're a cheap ass, there's plenty left from Sinn/WB, and when these ever do hit sales corners, it won't be retail or less. So, good luck there fella.
In all fairness, this topic comes up time to time with other brands regularly and there isn't name calling and targeting towards the OP. In some threads, the recurring theme is pre-owned sales and grey market price trends of a new release.The big difference is that this is a DWC project of sorts and I guess that makes it ok to belittle Eric and anyone else who expresses an opinion contrary to the masses here :shrug:
Personally, I think Chris's long term involvement is a big difference in how the "how long until this watch is cheap enough until it's worth it for me" discussion is approached.
Nail on the head

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:52 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:23 pm
streetracer101 wrote:
BSears wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:02 am
No you're not. You're posting asinine threads about how long it will take for Chris's U1 to start showing up in FS posts. I find it insulting on more than one level, but will join the choir and reiterate you're a cheap ass, there's plenty left from Sinn/WB, and when these ever do hit sales corners, it won't be retail or less. So, good luck there fella.
In all fairness, this topic comes up time to time with other brands regularly and there isn't name calling and targeting towards the OP. In some threads, the recurring theme is pre-owned sales and grey market price trends of a new release.The big difference is that this is a DWC project of sorts and I guess that makes it ok to belittle Eric and anyone else who expresses an opinion contrary to the masses here :shrug:
Personally, I think Chris's long term involvement is a big difference in how the "how long until this watch is cheap enough until it's worth it for me" discussion is approached.
That is my point, in case it was lost on anyone.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:19 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 am
Chris did a nice job on this watch, but I still struggle with the idea of a nearly $3k U1 purchase.
The price gap between The U1 Pro and the fully Tegimented U1 SDR is actually fairly small. Toss in the domed crystal and the new no-date dial and the Pro doesn't come at much of a premium. Of course you can get the base U1 on strap for about $2K but that's a very different watch.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:42 pm

logan2z wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:19 pm
streetracer101 wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 am
Chris did a nice job on this watch, but I still struggle with the idea of a nearly $3k U1 purchase.
The price gap between The U1 Pro and the fully Tegimented U1 SDR is actually fairly small. Toss in the domed crystal and the new no-date dial and the Pro doesn't come at much of a premium. Of course you can get the base U1 on strap for about $2K but that's a very different watch.
I agree (already wrote something similar several posts above). I'm just not in the position to buy one right now but the incoming pics have me considering moving something to make it happen.

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

How long til u1 shorty hits the FS block?

Post by Grahamcombat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:01 pm

I think they're going to be a big win. For example, in twenty years of the watch game I've had TWO people EVER talk to me about the watch I was wearing and, this weekend, I had four people ask me about the U1P and all of them wrote the info down on where to buy.

This watch is badass. It looks badass and it works badass - I just stacked a thousand rounds on mine over the weekend.

This thing is an absolute win: for Sinn, for WB, and especially for Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:53 pm

Ugh
I'd have to sell my Sinn 103, Aquaracer and a couple more. Kinda thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak: