Sinn Basel 2017

Discussion of Sinn watches.
User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 29339
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Sinn Basel 2017

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:13 am

Aside from the amazing new U1 Pro, I thought Sinn put out a few nice watches this year. The white 104 and silver 356 should be big sellers.
I like the 103 LE a lot, but it should have been acrylic.

ImageImageImageImageImage
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
andy tims
Posts: 1729
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 pm
Name: Andy Tims
Location: UK

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by andy tims » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:16 am

The U1, 103 & 240 are all great looking new additions
Andy

giosdad
Posts: 4960
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:33 pm
Location: New York

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by giosdad » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:43 am

Nice line -up for thsi year and the pricing is reachable on all.

Maybe the 104 white can right the wrong of selling my LE white dial. At $1520 on bracelet it is not a bad hit and cheaper than it woul dbe to re-acquire one.

Has anybody owned their "fine" five link bracelet? I'd like to think they would be a nice as the IWC bracelet but the links look awkward and clunky in pictures
Regards
Barry

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 7845
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:12 am

The 103 is stunning.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 29339
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:17 am

streetracer101 wrote:The 103 is stunning.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Agreed. The vintage lume works really well on this model. If I didn't have the blue 103, I'd buy one.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

giosdad
Posts: 4960
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:33 pm
Location: New York

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by giosdad » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:27 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:17 am
streetracer101 wrote:The 103 is stunning.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Agreed. The vintage lume works really well on this model. If I didn't have the blue 103, I'd buy one.
Is it really 17mm thick? I thought my old one was 15mm thick.
Regards
Barry

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 29339
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:29 am

giosdad wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:17 am
streetracer101 wrote:The 103 is stunning.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Agreed. The vintage lume works really well on this model. If I didn't have the blue 103, I'd buy one.
Is it really 17mm thick? I thought my old one was 15mm thick.
They must measure to the top of the domed crystal. It doesn't feel that thick on the wrist.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 22975
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by BBK357 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:59 am

So did they reveal the ezm 11 yet?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE

BIG WHOOP. IM SPOONING A BARRETT 50 CAL, I COULD KILL A BUILDING.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 22975
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by BBK357 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:00 am

Love that103- but you're right Chris, should have been acrylic.
The dial is amazing. I really hate screw down pushers- especially since it's not even a dive watch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE

BIG WHOOP. IM SPOONING A BARRETT 50 CAL, I COULD KILL A BUILDING.

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 29339
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:02 am

BBK357 wrote:So did they reveal the ezm 11 yet?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EZM 12? Yes.

Image
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 23552
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:25 am

CGSshorty wrote:Aside from the amazing new U1 Pro, I thought Sinn put out a few nice watches this year. The white 104 and silver 356 should be big sellers.
I like the 103 LE a lot, but it should have been acrylic.




Image

Image


Image

Love these. Want one, not sure which I'd get


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 26719
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by matt.wu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:40 am

U1 Pro blows them all out of the water.
:htfu:

User avatar
TSD
Posts: 890
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:47 am
Name: Tom
Location: So Fla

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by TSD » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:08 am

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:40 am
U1 Pro blows them all out of the water.
I honestly think Chris has the best looking watch to come out of Basel this year.

User avatar
dinexus
Posts: 472
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 pm
Name: Zach

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by dinexus » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:12 am

CGSshorty wrote:
BBK357 wrote:So did they reveal the ezm 11 yet?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EZM 12? Yes.

Image
Removable bezel to clean out the blood & guts too. Comes with a special tool and everything so you can "disinfect" the watch after a particularly hairy EMS flight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 29339
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:18 am

TSD wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:40 am
U1 Pro blows them all out of the water.
I honestly think Chris has the best looking watch to come out of Basel this year.
That's big praise. Thank you. It is a testament to the great job the original designer did on the U1.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 28140
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Sinn Basel 2017

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:25 am

dinexus wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
BBK357 wrote:So did they reveal the ezm 11 yet?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EZM 12? Yes.

Image
Removable bezel to clean out the blood & guts too. Comes with a special tool and everything so you can "disinfect" the watch after a particularly hairy EMS flight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But will it survive a door knock?

How about anal cavity fisting pressure?

These are the things Ben needs.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 22975
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Sinn Basel 2017

Post by BBK357 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:30 am

hoppyjr wrote:
dinexus wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
BBK357 wrote:So did they reveal the ezm 11 yet?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EZM 12? Yes.

Image
Removable bezel to clean out the blood & guts too. Comes with a special tool and everything so you can "disinfect" the watch after a particularly hairy EMS flight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But will it survive a door knock?

How about anal cavity fisting pressure?

These are the things Ben needs.


No shit. I at least need it to be butthols and big door proof



Not sure about the new 12. I guess in need to check it out and look at specs
DEATH FROM ABOVE

BIG WHOOP. IM SPOONING A BARRETT 50 CAL, I COULD KILL A BUILDING.

User avatar
jimyritz
Masshole
Posts: 21937
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:48 am
Name: Mike
Location: Boston

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by jimyritz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:57 am

Overall, nice job by Sinn----lot's to like..

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 7845
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:50 am

CGSshorty wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:The 103 is stunning.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Agreed. The vintage lume works really well on this model. If I didn't have the blue 103, I'd buy one.
It reminds me of the Herbert Mayer le from a few years ago. I had a chance to buy it and passed. It's haunted me. I might try to snag one of these.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
dukerules
Posts: 13365
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Sinn Basel 2017

Post by dukerules » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Ben thinking about vintage luming my acrylic 103 for awhile, and that might have pushed me over the edge. Now to figure out who can do it for me.

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 7845
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:09 pm

dukerules wrote:Ben thinking about vintage luming my acrylic 103 for awhile, and that might have pushed me over the edge. Now to figure out who can do it for me.
Terry has a guy. Skip IWW.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Image

shaneotool
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 1:57 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by shaneotool » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:57 pm

I still really dig that matte blasted 103 you guys came out with a few months back.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 22975
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by BBK357 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:59 pm

Love my blasted 103.

Image
DEATH FROM ABOVE

BIG WHOOP. IM SPOONING A BARRETT 50 CAL, I COULD KILL A BUILDING.

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 29339
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:25 pm

Blasted should be the only way the acrylic model is offered.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
jimyritz
Masshole
Posts: 21937
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:48 am
Name: Mike
Location: Boston

Re: Sinn Basel 2017

Post by jimyritz » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:01 am

BBK357 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:59 pm
Love my blasted 103.

Image
==================
Love it... :thatshot:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests