differnce in length of Sinn leather straps

Discussion of Sinn watches.
River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

differnce in length of Sinn leather straps

Post by River Rat » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:37 am

Just sent my Sinn 103 with 7760 hand wind movement to RGM for service there price is about what I paid for the CWC RAF issued chronograph so the going rate. But now I am thinking of getting a new leather strap for it's return. I like the brown leather with brown stitching. What's the deference in length standard short and long the standard cheaper by 10 bucks. Hate to buy one that's to short or to long if a standard would work cheaper so what size wrist works with these three sizes sounds like a newbe question. The sweep hand not lining up at reset bugged me so much I just had to get it fixed so a service and pressure test sounded good so off it went the other day. Link below for the standard one.
http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/Sinn- ... 16p432.htm

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Re: differnce in length of Sinn leather straps

Post by River Rat » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:48 am

Well they had a chat thing on watchbuys like what we use to have on this forum years ago if any old timers remember got my answer since I got a 7 inch wrist standard will work good since it's cheaper.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:50 am

What is the actual length of both straps? This information is nowhere online.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:21 am

When I did watchbuys on line chat they ask my wrist size I said about 7 inches they said standard but nothing on the differences in length of the three sizes. They should have a size chart for the three sizes so some with bigger or shorter size wrist know the right size so it's a no brainer.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:26 am

Somehow watchbuys manages to be unhelpful even when asked a simple direct question. I tried to get them to tell me the specs for the spring bars on my EZM1 and it was like pulling teeth. After five back and fourth emails I swore those tards off for good. One email to Sinn resulted in a terse response listing the exact specs.

In case anyone else in the world wants to ask WB the size of an EZM1's spring bars, I'll save them the trouble:
"The spring bars should have a length of 20 mm and a diameter of 1,5 mm."

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:59 am

Do Watchbuys ever read these threads? Sometimes they're like dealing with the DMV.
only accurate watches are interesting

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:01 am

marchone wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:59 am
Do Watchbuys ever read these threads? Sometimes they're like dealing with the DMV.
For some reason I picture them sitting around the warehouse on cardboard boxes while hitting a huge bong.

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:02 am

I think they hate their lives. There is no other explanation.
only accurate watches are interesting

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:04 am

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:30 am

Well I ordered that strap. Right after I ordered it Watchbuys calls me on the phone to ask what type of watch the strap was going on. I told them a vintage Sinn 103 they asked what type of finish was on the case I said it had the none brush finish I guess so they have the correct buckle on it a brush finish buckle would not look right. So some times there service not bad.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:05 am

They never did order the missing screw for me (despite saying they would). I'll never contact them again. Those guys are worse then Kobold.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: RE: Re: differnce in length of Sinn leather straps

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:09 am

JP Chestnut wrote:Somehow watchbuys manages to be unhelpful even when asked a simple direct question. I tried to get them to tell me the specs for the spring bars on my EZM1 and it was like pulling teeth. After five back and fourth emails I swore those tards off for good. One email to Sinn resulted in a terse response listing the exact specs.

In case anyone else in the world wants to ask WB the size of an EZM1's spring bars, I'll save them the trouble:
Did they accuse you of breaking the spring bar from bad strap changes or just encourage you to send the watch to RGM for repair?

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:20 am

streetracer101 wrote:They never did order the missing screw for me (despite saying they would). I'll never contact them again. Those guys are worse then Kobold.

I hate to pile on, but they earned it.

I even forgot, but it happened to me too! I also called and requested two bracelet screws for a U1. After a month I emailed Sinn. Had the bracelet screws within a week.

JP Chestnut

Re: RE: Re: differnce in length of Sinn leather straps

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:22 am

streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:09 am
JP Chestnut wrote:Somehow watchbuys manages to be unhelpful even when asked a simple direct question. I tried to get them to tell me the specs for the spring bars on my EZM1 and it was like pulling teeth. After five back and fourth emails I swore those tards off for good. One email to Sinn resulted in a terse response listing the exact specs.

Did they accuse you of breaking the spring bar from bad strap changes or just encourage you to send the watch to RGM for repair?

Neither. They tried to confuse me by speaking in tongues - and it worked.