Watchbuys Sucks Part 2

Discussion of Sinn watches.
jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Watchbuys Sucks Part 2

Post by jimyritz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Still trying to figure out Watchbuys. Sometimes a watch on bracelet will be sold out
but if you want to buy the bracelet separately it's available.. :shrug:

Why not offer the case and then let the customer choose bracelet, calf leather or rubber :shrug: No response when asked....
-------------
Anyway, I called asking about the strap on the 857 --is a short version availabe because
the existing one fits 7.25 and higher...Watchbuys said, no...I asked about the bracelet and Watchbuys said all of their bracelets will size down to 6.75...Cool, no problem yet..

Rob at Watchbuys says, there will be a price increase after 9/1 and I say, I know, it's too bad most of the model are sold out...

Rob replies...well, we had them 2 weeks...WTF does that mean? :cussing: :banghead:

I know, beating a dead horse..... :raised:

Rambam
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Barney Gumble

Re: Watchbuys Sucks Part 2

Post by Rambam » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:36 pm

Dude, why are torturing yourself like this :lol:
Honey Badger FTW!!!

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Rambam wrote:Dude, why are torturing yourself like this :lol:
+1, but it shouldn't be so hard. It's like they don't want you to buy. :rolleyes:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

jimyritz
Masshole

Post by jimyritz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:52 pm

I know, just trying to buy a Sinn.... :shrug:
-----------
Keeping looking at the Sales Forums for one on bracelet but nothing yet...

Except for that moron who opened the back of his EZM3... :doh:

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:53 pm

jimyritz wrote:I know, just trying to buy a Sinn.... :shrug:
-----------

Patience will pay. You are using elitedealseeker.com to keep an eye out right?
Steven

jimyritz
Masshole

Post by jimyritz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Yes....Love elitedealseeker...

Thanks Steven...

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:16 pm

what gets me is that WB's is raising their prices. Why? The Euro ain't exactly coming back to its former glory days and the dollar is still doing well. So why the hike? My guess: they KNOW they are the only Sinn dealer in town. And it's good to be the only one in town, right? :rolleyes: But no competition and exclusive territories? Sounds like an antitrust/monopoly (Sherman Act) violation to me. :geek:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:18 pm

jimyritz wrote:Yes....Love elitedealseeker...

Thanks Steven...
Have you noticed it doesnt seem to be picking up stuff from WUS though. Noticed this the other day, and still not getting anything from there. :shrug:
Steven

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:21 pm

BSears wrote:what gets me is that WB's is raising their prices. Why? The Euro ain't exactly coming back to its former glory days and the dollar is still doing well. So why the hike? My guess: they KNOW they are the only Sinn dealer in town. And it's good to be the only one in town, right? :rolleyes: But no competition and exclusive territories? Sounds like an antitrust/monopoly (Sherman Act) violation to me. :geek:
Sounds like we need to get a DWC investment group together and bring a lawsuit, get the rights to the 2nd N.A. Sinn AD,kick WB's butt in the market........then investors can get Sinn's at cost. :whistle:

Know any good attorneys? (if there is any such thing :bird: )
Steven

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:21 pm

SCM64 wrote:

Thanks Steven...
Have you noticed it doesnt seem to be picking up stuff from WUS though. Noticed this the other day, and still not getting anything from there. :shrug:

maybe that's part of ernie's business plan for wus. he probably wants elitedealseeker to pay him to have access to his site. :rolleyes: :lol:

Docrwm

Post by Docrwm » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:32 pm

BSears wrote:what gets me is that WB's is raising their prices. Why? The Euro ain't exactly coming back to its former glory days and the dollar is still doing well. So why the hike? My guess: they KNOW they are the only Sinn dealer in town. And it's good to be the only one in town, right? :rolleyes: But no competition and exclusive territories? Sounds like an antitrust/monopoly (Sherman Act) violation to me. :geek:
It's not WatchBuys that is doing this price increase its Sinn itself. The German price increases have already been made available at the factory itself and range from 0 to 20% per the post by a German WIS on WUS's Sinn forum.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:36 pm

Docrwm wrote:
It's not WatchBuys that is doing this price increase its Sinn itself. The German price increases have already been made available at the factory itself and range from 0 to 20% per the post by a German WIS on WUS's Sinn forum.

Yeah, i just realized that after I read Mike's other post about the price hikes. WB's is not really innocent here either, and frankly I don't see how Sinn can get away with operating with only ONE AD in the entire United States and then exclude US citizens the opportunity to buy new from other worldwide locations. :cussing:

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:37 pm

-----------

It's now sold. Bad scratch on the caseback. Idiot. :rolleyes:
Steven

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:37 pm

SCM64 wrote:
-----------

wonder what somebody gave for that mess. :think:

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:44 pm

BSears wrote:
SCM64 wrote:
-----------

wonder what somebody gave for that mess. :think:
Sale price was down to $1100 over on the MWF.
Steven

Docrwm

Post by Docrwm » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:51 pm

BSears wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Yeah, i just realized that after I read Mike's other post about the price hikes. WB's is not really innocent here either, and frankly I don't see how Sinn can get away with operating with only ONE AD in the entire United States and then exclude US citizens the opportunity to buy new from other worldwide locations. :cussing:
No argument from me on either point. I am a firm believer in the free enterprise solution to most problems. That is the root of my profound dislike of the entire AD system.

cali kid
Unabomber impersonator
Name: Trevor

Post by cali kid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:01 pm

SCM64 wrote:

Thanks Steven...

Steven, maybe since WUS has changed the name of their sales forum to Chrono24.com elitedealseeker hasnt picked up on it?? :shrug:
Image Image Image
Trevor

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:08 am

IMO sounds like they don't want you business. If it was me I buy a watch from someone who gived a shit. And if you do end up buying from them and you have any issue it all then it is really going to ruin your day. Just my .02 since I wouldn't buy a car from a shitty dealer and expect good service from them too. :monkeypiss:

hazmatman
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Der Brummbär

Post by hazmatman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:24 am

Patience Grasshopper.

Don't let WB's lack of passion and customer service ramp you up. Just because they lost their enthusiasm for watch enthusiasts when they decided to pay their mortgages and car installments with money from their former hobby, does not mean you need to lose your objectivity. Mind. Money.

Don't worry. The economy is nowhere near real improvement; there is still time to profit from other's misery. A used example will pop up.

Advice: Don't go back to the WB website. You'll either cave and pay far more than you need to, OR you'll come back with another story of how they are disappointing...which you already know. That would be time better spent on elitedealseeker.

Hang in there. All good things come to those who wait.

Willieboy

Post by Willieboy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:54 pm

[/quote]It's not WatchBuys that is doing this price increase its Sinn itself. The German price increases have already been made available at the factory itself and range from 0 to 20% per the post by a German WIS on WUS's Sinn forum.[/quote]

I spoke about this with a rep at Watchbuys and this is exactly what he said. He explained Sinn was not goiung to respond to currency changes becasue their watches were so popular. This is just supply and demand at work, in spades.

I'm sure it doesn't hurt Watchbuys either, that they are the only game in town. They do not have to reduce their profit margins to partially ameliorate Sinn's price increases and keep the price artifically low. Me thinks it boils down to how badly one wants a Sinn. I just bought a U1, before the price increase, so I guess I was willing to pay the price of admission. They are some companies with whom I will not play ball and just shop elsewhere.

Jamie
I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you
Name: Jamie

Post by Jamie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:05 am

Don't worry they are only Sinns

seriously I have a Sinn AD 5 kms from the office if there is a modle you want let me know I will give them a call.