All Black Sinns

Discussion of Sinn watches.
matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Re: All Black Sinns

Post by matt.wu » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:28 pm

dshap wrote:
matt.wu wrote:I got the SAR DLC'd. Cost me about $600 total for bead-blasting and DLC, including diassembly and shipping. Really affordable if you ask me. :shrug:
And you had the bracelet done too, right? Who did it, IWW?
I got a guy.... :mrgreen:

Yeah, bracelet too. Great quality work, turnaround time of around 4 weeks or so. :thumbsup:
:htfu:

dshap
Favorite shirt size: Schmedium.
Name: David

Post by dshap » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:57 pm

Is there a black bracelet available for the 757 chrono?
-David

dshap

Post by dshap » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:24 am

Here's my new idea- buy a U1 on a bracelet, get the whole thing DLC'ed (so now it will be black and durable) then do some kind of cool pain job for the bezel numbers, maybe in the Solebox style?

P.S. What is a good price for a U1 on a bracelet? Watchbuys only sells it on a strap, so i'm not sure how to value used pieces.
-David

TLgdeL
Name: Gee Deez

Post by TLgdeL » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:39 pm

dshap wrote:Here's my new idea- buy a U1 on a bracelet, get the whole thing DLC'ed (so now it will be black and durable) then do some kind of cool pain job for the bezel numbers, maybe in the Solebox style?

P.S. What is a good price for a U1 on a bracelet? Watchbuys only sells it on a strap, so i'm not sure how to value used pieces.
One sold on TZ today. Listed at $1495 OBO. I'm guessing about thrirteen fiddy :shrug:
Image Image

Docrwm

Post by Docrwm » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:02 pm

dshap wrote:Here's my new idea- buy a U1 on a bracelet, get the whole thing DLC'ed (so now it will be black and durable) then do some kind of cool pain job for the bezel numbers, maybe in the Solebox style?

Depends on the condition as always but I have seen some very nice examples go in the past week for $1100 US and 650 GBP. New its $1380 on strap and the bracelet is the one that goes on the 757 and it sells for $390. When WBs puts bracelets on at the store they are usually around $280 more than the watch with just the strap (watch w bracelet - strap cost). So, from WBs it would be something like $1660 for it BNIB from AD with bracelet.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:48 am

Damn for the price of those bracelets they better :jerk: me off too! That is some stupid shit for a bracelet. :bs: Sorry just ranting! :stir:

dshap

Post by dshap » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:33 am

What do you guys think about this bezel I mocked up?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-David

TLgdeL
Name: Gee Deez

Post by TLgdeL » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:58 am

dshap wrote:What do you guys think about this bezel I mocked up?
Kewl
Image Image

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:59 am

Right there, that's what I'm talking 'bout...dream Sinn...
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

dshap

Post by dshap » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Bezel options 2, 3 and 4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-David

Chief Big Watch
Name: Arek

Post by Chief Big Watch » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:58 pm

I hear it all the time, PVD will scratch, PVD will wear, blah blah blah...

Here is your U2S still in tip top shape.

My U2S works as hard as my Cummins... Getting groceries and hauling wife and kid along is really hard on both :neener:

There are only two kinds of people in the world, the ones that own Sinn U1, U1W, U2, UX, U212 and U-Unlimited, and ones that don’t.
ImageImage

Bałkańska w żyłach płynie krew

dshap

Post by dshap » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:07 pm

That U2 is hot! I think I'll still get a U1 now, but I'm going to keep my eye on the sales forums for a black U2.

After I get a U1, I'm going to live with it for a while as it is. If I love it, I can DLC it. If I don't, I can try a black U2.
-David

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:21 pm

Chief Big Watch wrote:I hear it all the time, PVD will scratch, PVD will wear, blah blah blah...

< snip>

Agree, mine all still look awesome. I find that all the little swirlies and hairlines we all live with on standard SS watches are rendered moot on my PVD watches. My 750T Milshark has ZERO bezel hairlines, and that is impossible on a regular ones with the mirror finish.

Now if you whack it into a brick wall or something, scotchbrite or a trip to the jeweler for a buffing are not an option, but I like my PVD pieces and it's worth the minimal risk, IMHO.
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

Docrwm

Post by Docrwm » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:27 pm

SCM64 wrote:
Chief Big Watch wrote:I hear it all the time, PVD will scratch, PVD will wear, blah blah blah...

< snip>

Agree, mine all still look awesome. I find that all the little swirlies and hairlines we all live with on standard SS watches are rendered moot on my PVD watches. My 750T Milshark has ZERO bezel hairlines, and that is impossible on a regular ones with the mirror finish.

Now if you whack it into a brick wall or something, scotchbrite or a trip to the jeweler for a buffing are not an option, but I like my PVD pieces and it's worth the minimal risk, IMHO.
One of my main reasons for owning a Sinn is the Tegimentation process. Just can't see sacrificing that for a color option.

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:38 pm

Docrwm wrote:
SCM64 wrote:

< snip>

One of my main reasons for owning a Sinn is the Tegimentation process. Just can't see sacrificing that for a color option.

Agree, that's why I said "standard SS watches". :thumbsup: Although, that U2S has me thinking I could add at least one Sinn PVD to the collection one day. :cheers:
Steven

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:11 pm

You don't necessarily sacrifice the tegimenting for PVD.

"We'd better synchronize our watches."

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:45 pm

So what happened there Jay? Looks like while the bezel is obviously dinged, the underlying steel is not visible through the PVD...... :think:.....or is it? :shrug:
Steven

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Steven, I really don't know. :scratch:
It's just.. broken in. :rolleyes:
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

dshap

Post by dshap » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:53 pm

SCM64 wrote:So what happened there Jay? Looks like while the bezel is obviously dinged, the underlying steel is not visible through the PVD...... :think:.....or is it? :shrug:
I didn't even notice all those dings until you pointed them out Steven. Itlooks like the PVD is holding up well.
-David

craniotes
Thread Pooper
Name: Ad Rock

Post by craniotes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:11 pm

PVD is just like everything else in this world -- it can be done right, or it can be done wrong. In the case of my dearly departed UTS 600M, it was done right. To wit, after almost two years of indifferent care (remember, I wear my watches, I don't baby them) the finish was basically blemish-free. No scratches, no scuffs, no swirlies... There isn't a single watch in my collection that I can say that about, save for one -- the Incursion -- which also happens to be PVD'd.

So, judging from the look of Jay's watch , I'd say that Sinn does PVD "right".

Regards,
Adam

PS - I got to handle that Solebox U2 at a JLC dinner a little while back, and damn, even though the Incursion was the guest of honor, that thing held its own.
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

dshap

Post by dshap » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:13 am

Maybe I should give Sinn PVD a try...... :banghead: now I don't know what to do!

I guess I can still get a U1 now, then flip it if a PVD model pops up for sale :shrug:
-David

Chief Big Watch
Name: Arek

Post by Chief Big Watch » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:23 am

U1 in itself is a watch to have. Get the U1 and see how you like it. As you said, you can always change your mind and flip it.
There are only two kinds of people in the world, the ones that own Sinn U1, U1W, U2, UX, U212 and U-Unlimited, and ones that don’t.
ImageImage

Bałkańska w żyłach płynie krew

dshap

Post by dshap » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:44 am

Chief Big Watch wrote:U1 in itself is a watch to have. Get the U1 and see how you like it. As you said, you can always change your mind and flip it.
Well that plan just hit a road bump moments ago. I don't have the warranty card for my Doxa, so the trade isn't going to happen :scream:

You guys are right, flipping a watch is a big PITA.
-David

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:13 am

dshap wrote:
Chief Big Watch wrote:U1 in itself is a watch to have. Get the U1 and see how you like it. As you said, you can always change your mind and flip it.
Well that plan just hit a road bump moments ago. I don't have the warranty card for my Doxa, so the trade isn't going to happen :scream:

Does it matter, because I thought the Doxa warranty wasn't transferrable?

dshap

Post by dshap » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:53 am

dukerules wrote:
dshap wrote:

Does it matter, because I thought the Doxa warranty wasn't transferrable?
It's not transferable, and the watch is too old to even be under warranty. Some people just like papers. :shrug:
-David