Sinn Watches--Lot's Sold Out

Discussion of Sinn watches.
jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Sinn Watches--Lot's Sold Out

Post by jimyritz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:35 pm

Just went over to look at Sinn watches at Watchbuys and most or just about all Sinn's on bracelet are sold out plus no U1/U2's...

Is something going on w/Sinn? Slow summer.... :think:

Mike

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: Sinn Watches--Lot's Sold Out

Post by BSears » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:41 pm

I checked with them last week, Mike. "Rob" at Watchbuys emailed me and said Sinn themselves were backordered, I presume until mid-July (he said WB wouldn't get any for 4 weeks). Somehow, WB still came up with a handful of them. Rob actually called me (i signed up for their auto update on new stock) and asked me if I wanted the last one - told him I couldn't at the moment. Pretty cool so :thumbsup: for those guys. They sold out of whatever small batch they got in a matter of one day. :shock: At that price, I can see why. Honestly, I sorta wished i had just got the damn thing and hid it at my office for a few weeks! :lol:

:shifty:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

vbuskirk
Thread Jacker Extraordinaire
Name: Chris

Post by vbuskirk » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:13 pm

I've wondered for some time now if they aren't playing with the market. :think: This kind of stuff has been going on for months, no?
Chris

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:48 pm

vbuskirk wrote:I've wondered for some time now if they aren't playing with the market. :think: This kind of stuff has been going on for months, no?
My spider sense is saying the same thing. :think:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:01 pm

The Enron of the watch world? :rolleyes:
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

cali kid
Unabomber impersonator
Name: Trevor

Post by cali kid » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:01 pm

BSears wrote:I checked with them last week, Mike. "Rob" at Watchbuys emailed me and said Sinn themselves were backordered, I presume until mid-July (he said WB wouldn't get any for 4 weeks). Somehow, WB still came up with a handful of them. Rob actually called me (i signed up for their auto update on new stock) and asked me if I wanted the last one - told him I couldn't at the moment. Pretty cool so :thumbsup: for those guys. They sold out of whatever small batch they got in a matter of one day. :shock: At that price, I can see why. Honestly, I sorta wished i had just got the damn thing and hid it at my office for a few weeks! :lol:

who you hidin' it from Brad? Most likely that no more watches person that we all seem to live with! I have everything ship to my office too except when I use paypal, just got 6 buckles from panatime and the wife is off for the summer and is getting to our post office before I can and thought I bought another watch! Opened it up in front of her so she felt like shit harrassing me! :cussing:
Image Image Image
Trevor

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:48 am

BSears wrote:I checked with them last week, Mike. "Rob" at Watchbuys emailed me and said Sinn themselves were backordered, I presume until mid-July (he said WB wouldn't get any for 4 weeks). Somehow, WB still came up with a handful of them. Rob actually called me (i signed up for their auto update on new stock) and asked me if I wanted the last one - told him I couldn't at the moment. Pretty cool so :thumbsup: for those guys. They sold out of whatever small batch they got in a matter of one day. :shock: At that price, I can see why. Honestly, I sorta wished i had just got the damn thing and hid it at my office for a few weeks! :lol:

-----------------

Thanks Brad...hiding the watch in the office... :think:

Mike

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:25 am

cali kid wrote:

who you hidin' it from Brad? Most likely that no more watches person that we all seem to live with! I have everything ship to my office too except when I use paypal, just got 6 buckles from panatime and the wife is off for the summer and is getting to our post office before I can and thought I bought another watch! Opened it up in front of her so she felt like shit harrassing me! :cussing:

Yeah, you know what I mean, Trevor :lol: My wife did that to me not long ago. "What is that? Did you buy a watch without telling me first??!!" "No, it's a couple of straps. Nobody ships a watch in a padded envelope!" "Oh, well, okay then." She can be quite demanding and when I get the chance to "do good" I definitely make it known.

So, yeah, hiding them at the office from now on. :think: :thumbsup:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Chief Big Watch
Name: Arek

Post by Chief Big Watch » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Few months ago, when I was waiting for my replacement U1, Sinn themselves were short of U series, and had a short wait time. Watchbuys on the other hand has been without U1 for a while, just some here some there, but officially on their page "sold out". I guess it's easy to lower a price on items you do not sell :lol:
There are only two kinds of people in the world, the ones that own Sinn U1, U1W, U2, UX, U212 and U-Unlimited, and ones that don’t.
ImageImage

Bałkańska w żyłach płynie krew

Docrwm

Post by Docrwm » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:14 pm

I've heard from several people that they were able to order from the recent lot that WBs received. The lower prices appear to be a good step toward bringing prices in line with European ADs. Basically, if you run the numbers and add in Tax/Tariff on imports the prices are pretty much a wash now with the lower prices.

hazmatman
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Der Brummbär

Post by hazmatman » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:08 pm

I am thinking simple math.

SLOW ECONOMY (LOWER DEMAND) + DESIRE TO REDUCE OVERHEARD (NEED TO BALANCE SUPPLY WITH DEMAND) = Maintaining less stock

Notice this equation does not account for market competition during reduced demand. You can do this kind of math when you are the ONLY authorized dealer for the entire CONUS, and other ADs are punked if they sell in your territory.

That and playing the ponies will put a squeeze on how much fresh new German hardware ($$$) you can let sit in a safety deposit box while waiting for internet orders.