SinnWatches.com?

Discussion of Sinn watches.
Brian D
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Really?

SinnWatches.com?

Post by Brian D » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:06 am

I know most people buy from Watchbuys.com as they are the US AD for Sinn but I was checking this site out last night. They have the U1 on a bracelet for a little over $1400 and a little over $1200 for the rubber. Was wondering if anyone here has bought from them or knows of anyone who has and what their thoughts were on service from here. TIA guys :thumbsup: .
The Way of the Warrior is
To Live to Die

Brian D.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: SinnWatches.com?

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:12 am

I have dealt with Watchbuys once when a deadbeat seller didn't send me all the links for a Muhle Nautic Timer I had. Well they tracked some down and sold them to me at a crazy low price. So I say they are good people IMO! :thumbsup:

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:24 am

No idea Brian. Interesting.

:popcorn:

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:27 am

Their phone # is in Europe so can they even sell to the US?

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:29 am

Interesting on two fronts. I was just perusing the watchbuys website for the U1 (hey, you never know :shrug: ) and it's not there. :shock: So I emailed them and Rob responded that they are backordered. In fact, he said Sinn themselves are backordered so looks like the U1 is a hot item. ;) Watchbuys expects to have them in 4 weeks or so.

As for the sinnwatches.com website, never heard of it. :think:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:37 am

My fault I thought you was asking about watchbuys.com and not Sinn. Duhhhhhhhhh :oops:

Brian D
DWC Tribal Council

Post by Brian D » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:42 am

Not sure Mike, going to email them to find out.

Brad, I've been keeping an eye on Watchbuys and they have been out of the U1 for about 3-4 months now :crybaby: . They were the first place I looked at for the U1 and they were in stock at the time but I went back about 2 weeks later and it was no longer listed so I figured that they were out. So they should be getting some more in about a month or so then, hmm :think: .
To Live to Die

Brian D.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:43 am

Just checked out that site - under their terms http://www.sinnwatches.com/terms.php they specify that all sales outside of the EU are not subject to the return and/or exchange provisions. So, if you buy it and have a problem with the watch, you can't send it back for a refund/exchange. On the other hand, they are ADs so you do get Sinn's 2 year warranty. Good prices, too. :thumbsup:

Brian D
DWC Tribal Council

Post by Brian D » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:46 am

BSears wrote:Just checked out that site - under their terms http://www.sinnwatches.com/terms.php they specify that all sales outside of the EU are not subject to the return and/or exchange provisions. So, if you buy it and have a problem with the watch, you can't send it back for a refund/exchange. On the other hand, they are ADs so you do get Sinn's 2 year warranty. Good prices, too. :thumbsup:
I was JUST reading that :lol: . The exchange part makes me a little leary now :scratch:

Before accepting delivery, you must pay all duties, taxes (VAT) and other import costs applicable in your country

All sales to countries outside the European Union are considered to be final sales and are not eligible for return or exchange
To Live to Die

Brian D.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:54 am

Brian D wrote:
BSears wrote:Just checked out that site - under their terms http://www.sinnwatches.com/terms.php they specify that all sales outside of the EU are not subject to the return and/or exchange provisions. So, if you buy it and have a problem with the watch, you can't send it back for a refund/exchange. On the other hand, they are ADs so you do get Sinn's 2 year warranty. Good prices, too. :thumbsup:
I was JUST reading that :lol: . The exchange part makes me a little leary now :scratch:

Before accepting delivery, you must pay all duties, taxes (VAT) and other import costs applicable in your country

All sales to countries outside the European Union are considered to be final sales and are not eligible for return or exchange

Yeah, of the few watches I've had shipped from the EU, I have yet to have to deal with any duties or taxes so this could be a major headache or a walk in the park. I thought they would just include duties in the price - I believe Doxa does that. :think:

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:25 pm

You wonder how Sinn itself would feel about them. :think: RGM can fix some of the watches but some stuff still needs to go to Germany...I would bet they still fix it but on your full dime if you know what I mean...

el presidente
Name: Roar

Post by el presidente » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:42 pm

I bought a U1 rubber strap from them about 2 years ago,great guys to deal with :thumbsup:

http://www.sinn.de/en/Sinn_sales_partne ... RegionNr=3
Pikachu is a virgin!

Docrwm

Post by Docrwm » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:43 pm

Sorry guys but you are hitting the Sinn wall. They WILL NOT sell to those who have a mailing or billing address in a country with an AD - period. If you can get it shipped to a friend in the UK and they'll turn around and ship it to you you're golden. Prices in the US are higher on nearly everything (not the bracelets oddly though) and MANY people have tried an end run around WatchBuys by going to overseas ADs.

Sorry. Email or call and ask but I'm 99% sure of the answer you'll get.

BTW, duty into the US of a Swiss watch isn't terrible. Its a % of the cost of the case, a flat fee for 25 or fewer jewels (and the cost of the movement, if you can document it is deducted from the case cost and hence the % you are charged on it), and a % on the bracelet/strap. The first $400 of value is supposed to be free. On my Fortis B42 Chrono it was like $50 or so.
Last edited by Docrwm on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T.R.
TRTV!
Name: Tommy Tutone

Post by T.R. » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Brad .... you are correct in your supposition that Doxa adds tax and such after the fact. You pay it to the importer.. it is not included in the price of the watch. And it ain't cheap, either. Added about $150 to $175 to the cost of my Doxa several years ago. It was a big kick in the nuts :nutkick: when I got those bills... I thought it would be much less than it was. But who cared, I was getting a new 750T :headbang: .

As for the U1... brand new... you ain't gonna have a problem with that bad boy. :)

BSears wrote:
Brian D wrote:

Yeah, of the few watches I've had shipped from the EU, I have yet to have to deal with any duties or taxes so this could be a major headache or a walk in the park. I thought they would just include duties in the price - I believe Doxa does that. :think:
unixshrk wrote: I'll put it on a nice NATO for you. :shifty:

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:49 pm

I believe Robert is on the money here. There was a similar question in the German or Sinn forum recently, and I've never heard of someone in the US actually taking delivery from an out of country AD. Possible I missed it though.

Good luck on the search, you know how I feel about the U1. :ugeek:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

Tragic

Post by Tragic » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Yeah they won't sell it to you.
This just points out how badly Watchbuys gouges North American Sinn buyers.

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:27 am

Good time to sell a U1 I guess then :shrug:

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Can't he just have it sent to a trusted DWC member in Europe and then have it shipped to the US?

It is a risk doing it, but hey...we are all friends here :cheers:

Brian D
DWC Tribal Council

Post by Brian D » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:06 pm

andrema wrote:Can't he just have it sent to a trusted DWC member in Europe and then have it shipped to the US?
A couple of suggestions have been made ;) .
To Live to Die

Brian D.

Docrwm

Post by Docrwm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Brian D wrote:
andrema wrote:Can't he just have it sent to a trusted DWC member in Europe and then have it shipped to the US?
A couple of suggestions have been made ;) .
Hope it works out for you. Watchbuys is low on inventory right now and has had instances of not ordering some things within the current Sinn Catalog. I've had stellar service from them so far but think that at least 1 other AD in the US would be good for consumers.

Willieboy

Post by Willieboy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:52 am

I was looking at a U1 a month or so ago. FYI, the guy at Watchbuys told me Sinn would be increasing prices in August.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:55 am

Willieboy wrote:I was looking at a U1 a month or so ago. FYI, the guy at Watchbuys told me Sinn would be increasing prices in August.

well, that's just :bs: They are already priced higher than other sites! :scream: If Sinn is only allowing one AD in the US, they are doing themselves a grave injustice. Don't they know we'll find a way around that?

As for Watchbuys, Rob said its around a 4 week wait time on U1's. So maybe they'll get them in before the price increase hammer drops. :think:

Brian D
DWC Tribal Council

Post by Brian D » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Willieboy wrote: FYI, the guy at Watchbuys told me Sinn would be increasing prices in August.
Dirty :cussing: :cussing: !!!!
To Live to Die

Brian D.

Docrwm

Post by Docrwm » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Interesting. Bad idea in today's economy IMHO. I just read some musings on a EU site about the lack of the perpetual Rolex price hike that was expected in March-April. Seems that EVEN Rolex figured out that things are tough.......

uspopo
Name: Stan

Post by uspopo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Willieboy wrote:I was looking at a U1 a month or so ago. FYI, the guy at Watchbuys told me Sinn would be increasing prices in August.
If it increases in price I will forget about buying one. First you have no stock on hand, then you are gonna raise prices? F*ck that! I was ready to spend money on the U1 SDR but it is out of stock and if WB gets it back in stock and the price goes up they can keep it cause I will pay extra for the UTS 1000M V2 or GMT instead.

Stan
"In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."