Rust on a U1-T?

Discussion of Sinn watches.
Drop of a Hat

Re: Rust on a U1-T?

Post by Drop of a Hat » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:59 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Drop of a Hat wrote: He bought it from the only AD in the whole country (another boneheaded move by Sinn). If you can't trust them, who can you trust?
I would own at least a couple new Sinns where it not for WB's useless after sale service. Instead, I own only one old Sinn.
I was 98% into the buying process of a UX SDR on bracelet last August. Money was put together and ready to rock and roll. They never sent me their bank details after NUMEROUS emails for it (cue *Shut up and take my money* meme). They finally responded AFTER their price increase and told me I had to pay the new price and wait till January for it. I restrained my rage and politely told them what I thought of their customer service.

Bought a Resco instead. Much happier.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:04 am

Drop of a Hat wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
Drop of a Hat wrote: He bought it from the only AD in the whole country (another boneheaded move by Sinn). If you can't trust them, who can you trust?
I would own at least a couple new Sinns where it not for WB's useless after sale service. Instead, I own only one old Sinn.
I was 98% into the buying process of a UX SDR on bracelet last August. Money was put together and ready to rock and roll. They never sent me their bank details after NUMEROUS emails for it (cue *Shut up and take my money* meme). They finally responded AFTER their price increase and told me I had to pay the new price and wait till January for it. I restrained my rage and politely told them what I thought of their customer service.

If I were going to buy a new Sinn, I would email an offer to every EU seller on Chrono24 for the MSRP minus VAT plus actual shipping. Last time I looked into it, the resultant price would have been a good deal cheaper even if I had to pay import duties.

Drop of a Hat

Post by Drop of a Hat » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:36 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Drop of a Hat wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

If I were going to buy a new Sinn, I would email an offer to every EU seller on Chrono24 for the MSRP minus VAT plus actual shipping. Last time I looked into it, the resultant price would have been a good deal cheaper even if I had to pay import duties.
Good idea for next time. Thanks.