logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Re: Basel 2014 EZM 13 & 9!!

Post by logan2z » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:03 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
logan2z wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
lilhoody wrote:Does any one know why these two are not on the WB's website?
Because you have to contact them to inquire, and then wait a month for them to order you one - it's the WB advantage.
And this is unique to WB? I just inquired with a local JLC AD about getting a Master Memovox. Surprise, they don't have one in stock but they can order one for me and it could take several weeks/months to get. Not unusual.

Edit: Looks like the 144St and U1000 B are not shipping yet. P&C has them for pre-order:

http://www.pageandcooper.com/sinn-144-s ... -bracelet/
http://www.pageandcooper.com/sinn-u1000b-rubber-strap/
The problem is pulling it from the site, not lacking stock. It's easy enough to leave the watch description and price on their site and simply add a tag saying "not currently in stock, expected delivery in approximately ... Please inquire for more information".

It's stupid to have to look at Sinn's website to make sure you're not missing something on WB's site. It's basic e-commerce. Amazon doesn't pull the page of whatever hot videogame system is sold out at the moment. Why would WB when they're the sole US distributor to Sinn in North America?
"...and then wait a month for them to order you one - it's the WB advantage"

Sounds like it's about more than them not listing it on the site. Anyway, most of the time they do continue to list out of stock items. I was looking at the Dornbluth 99.2 on their site earlier and it is listed as 'Sold Out', but the information about the watch is still there. Perhaps the fact that the EZM 13 is missing from their site is simply an error :shrug:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:42 am

logan2z wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
logan2z wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
Because you have to contact them to inquire, and then wait a month for them to order you one - it's the WB advantage.
And this is unique to WB? I just inquired with a local JLC AD about getting a Master Memovox. Surprise, they don't have one in stock but they can order one for me and it could take several weeks/months to get. Not unusual.

Edit: Looks like the 144St and U1000 B are not shipping yet. P&C has them for pre-order:

The problem is pulling it from the site, not lacking stock. It's easy enough to leave the watch description and price on their site and simply add a tag saying "not currently in stock, expected delivery in approximately ... Please inquire for more information".

It's stupid to have to look at Sinn's website to make sure you're not missing something on WB's site. It's basic e-commerce. Amazon doesn't pull the page of whatever hot videogame system is sold out at the moment. Why would WB when they're the sole US distributor to Sinn in North America?

Sounds like it's about more than them not listing it on the site. Anyway, most of the time they do continue to list out of stock items. I was looking at the Dornbluth 99.2 on their site earlier and it is listed as 'Sold Out', but the information about the watch is still there. Perhaps the fact that the EZM 13 is missing from their site is simply an error :shrug:
I think it's their MO for out of stock Sinn for some reason. I've contacted them a few times about models not on their site and that has always been the story.

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:01 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
logan2z wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
logan2z wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

I think it's their MO for out of stock Sinn for some reason. I've contacted them a few times about models not on their site and that has always been the story.
Not really. If you look at the Sinn page on WB's web site you'll see many models listed as "Sold Out". No clue Why the EZM 13 wasn't given the same treatment. Might be worth a phone call to find out.

Drop of a Hat

Post by Drop of a Hat » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:12 pm

I often wonder when, if ever, Sinn will get rid of WB's elitist bullshit and get a real AD who gives a hoot about customer service and satisfaction.

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Drop of a Hat wrote:I often wonder when, if ever, Sinn will get rid of WB's elitist bullshit.
Can you elaborate?

Drop of a Hat

Post by Drop of a Hat » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:16 pm

logan2z wrote:
Drop of a Hat wrote:I often wonder when, if ever, Sinn will get rid of WB's elitist bullshit.
Can you elaborate?
Whenever I try to speak to them, if I'm not willing to put down money immediately, they won't give me the light of day. Their lack of customer service before and after sale is well documented as being very lacking. They know they're the only ones in the US, so why improve? Tried to buy a Sinn UX last year. Took 3-4 days between responses, and each one was snippity in the sort of "You gonna buy a watch or not?" Way. By the time I decided to get in before the price increase and said I would take it, they actually waited a week to respond with details for payment, by the time which the increase took hold and they refused to honor our agreement.

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:21 pm

A mononoply doesn't benefit the consumer like free markets do. WB's doesn't need to be good, nice, generous, or practice stewardship to get business in NA. This alone is a turn off to me. But, their poor reputation for after care seems to be a product of their position as the exclusive NA AD.
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:26 pm

I guess it's hit or miss. I've had good after sales service from them. Recently I asked for some advice on getting a vintage Sinn serviced in the US. This is a watch I obviously didn't purchase from them. I got an immediate response from Rob with some recommendations. As I've also mentioned here before, they helped me resolve a service issue I was having with Sinn long after the warranty for the watch had expired. I'm sure they blow it occasionally too but luckily I haven't experienced it yet.

Drop of a Hat

Post by Drop of a Hat » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:33 pm

logan2z wrote:I guess it's hit or miss. I've had good after sales service from them. Recently I asked for some advice on getting a vintage Sinn serviced in the US. This is a watch I obviously didn't purchase from them. I got an immediate response from Rob with some recommendations. As I've also mentioned here before, they helped me resolve a service issue I was having with Sinn long after the warranty for the watch had expired. I'm sure they blow it occasionally too but luckily I haven't experienced it yet.
That only proves how much potential they have and aren't lost causes like some (me) believe. If Sinn brought another AD into the US (even on the opposite coast c'mon), we could possibly see them shine.

foodle

Post by foodle » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:48 pm

In my experience, WB is great at taking your money. But their after sales service is poor.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Imagine where Sinn would be had they brought on a dealer like Timeless. Those guys do a great job elevating the profile of their brands, while the WB "direct to you on the internet, but we won't touch the forums" model makes for a cheap feeling consumer experience. Sinn isn't an off brand and they get sold like one in the USA.

The road shows are something, but they don't make up for lacking a real show room.

Terpits
Creepy Tudor Guy
Name: Peter

Post by Terpits » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:53 pm

foodle wrote:In my experience, WB is great at taking your money. But their after sales service is poor.
That is crazy! Very bad business practice.

Sincerely,
Bill Yao
:rimshot:

mattjmcd
Name: Matt

Post by mattjmcd » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Terpits wrote:
foodle wrote:In my experience, WB is great at taking your money. But their after sales service is poor.
That is crazy! Very bad business practice.

Sincerely,
Bill Yao

Ha! Too funny. :lol:

Another vote against WB CS from me. I've done two deals with them. The first was easy but the second was so loss poor I just gave up and went elsewhere for a different option. They suck, IMO.

Drop of a Hat

Post by Drop of a Hat » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:47 pm

That's the problem, what is the different option? Mothership doesn't send to the US anymore, do they? So what? Secondhand market? We're not living on the Solomon Islands. There should be other realistic options for such a huge market.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:59 pm

All good points.
Also I would like to add that I think WB contributed largely to price increase over the years.
I remember buying my NIB EZM1 for 1400$ directly from Germany and 103 ST SA was something like 800$.
WB pretty much doubled those prices when they became US exclusive
Of course I understand since then USD vs Euro didn't help. But it seemed like the initial hike was overnight

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:46 pm

Panerai7 wrote:All good points.
Also I would like to add that I think WB contributed largely to price increase over the years.
I remember buying my NIB EZM1 for 1400$ directly from Germany and 103 ST SA was something like 800$.
WB pretty much doubled those prices when they became US exclusive
Of course I understand since then USD vs Euro didn't help. But it seemed like the initial hike was overnight
Art, are you saying that WB contributed to worldwide price increases or just in NA? I ask because, even if they'd ship here, the prices aren't much different from European dealers, then you have to tack on shipping and import duties.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:53 pm

I meant in the beginning when WB became US exclusive, the price disparity between WB and German dealers was huge.

Edit: I remember also being denied a purchase with shipping to US from the same dealer I've been buying from as soon as WB took over.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:58 pm

Panerai7 wrote:I meant in the beginning when WB became US exclusive, the price disparity between WB and German dealers was huge.
Currently the difference isn't that much, especially considering customs duty.

I've been a WB customer since 2000-2001 and never had a problem. Sure, I'd love a discount but that doesn't happen. They've generally been friendly and prompt with shipping. I don't understand the complaints.....

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:10 pm

Panerai7 wrote: Edit: I remember also being denied a purchase with shipping to US from the same dealer I've been buying from as soon as WB took over.
Yes, they have an exclusive in NA so not surprising.

Watchbuys carries brands for which they don't have an exclusive - most notably Nomos. I haven't checked but I have to assume their prices are inline with other US ADs or they wouldn't be doing much business. So does WBs offer a different experience when buying brands other than Sinn? if not then the whole "monopoly" argument doesn't really hold water.

lilhoody
Black Darin

Post by lilhoody » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:03 pm

logan2z wrote:
Panerai7 wrote: Edit: I remember also being denied a purchase with shipping to US from the same dealer I've been buying from as soon as WB took over.
Yes, they have an exclusive in NA so not surprising.

Watchbuys carries brands for which they don't have an exclusive - most notably Nomos. I haven't checked but I have to assume their prices are inline with other US ADs or they wouldn't be doing much business. So does WBs offer a different experience when buying brands other than Sinn? if not then the whole "monopoly" argument doesn't really hold water.

I have bought several watches from them and have had mostly neutral experiences. My last potential experience and exchange with them was similar to Ethan's.

My guess is Sinn generates the bulk of their business and regardless of the other line/s, their Sinn exclusivity does constitute a monopoly.

I cannot speak to their service or attitude when it comes to buying watches other than Sinn. I will say, given the choice I would spend my money elsewhere. Like I said before, the arrangement is offensive to me.

Perhaps a class action suit is in order? I received several hundred dollars back in the DeBeers suit.
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

Drop of a Hat

Post by Drop of a Hat » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Class action for what?

lilhoody
Black Darin

Post by lilhoody » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Drop of a Hat wrote:Class action for what?
Violation of antitrust laws? Just because? Re-coop money over paid due to the absence of free trade? Restore free trade to the US Sinn market?

BTW: I'm just f'ing around, but I did get money back from the DeBeers suit.
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

Drop of a Hat

Post by Drop of a Hat » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:40 pm

lilhoody wrote:
Violation of antitrust laws? Just because? Re-coop money over paid due to the absence of free trade? Restore free trade to the US Sinn market?

The funny part is, I bet an ambulance chaser of sorts would take the case for sure.

Did Blood Diamond give you nightmares too?

lilhoody
Black Darin

Post by lilhoody » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Drop of a Hat wrote:
lilhoody wrote:

The funny part is, I bet an ambulance chaser of sorts would take the case for sure.

Did Blood Diamond give you nightmares too?
No nightmares, but I wasn't going to say no to joining the class.

Funny thing about blood diamonds, a buddy of mine wanted to go smuggle a few blood diamonds, make some loot, and live large. He figured we only needed to do it a few times. I opted out. Two years at Thunderbird School of Global Business and smuggling blood diamonds is one's best business plan?
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Basel 2014 EZM 13 & 9!!

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:22 am

^ BD & his keister diamonds! :lol: