300 Subs back in stock

Discussion of Doxa watches.
ChuckW
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Name: Chuck
Location: Atlanta

300 Subs back in stock

Post by ChuckW » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:05 am

Just in case no one's noticed, Doxa is selling more 300s on their website.

https://doxawatches.com/collections/sub-300
Image

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 16310
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by mattcantwin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:40 am

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:
Image

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 26169
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by BBK357 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:30 am

ChuckW wrote:Just in case no one's noticed, Doxa is selling more 300s on their website.

https://doxawatches.com/collections/sub-300
Miss mine
But I did not pay $2500 for it
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 16310
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:35 am

I just ordered a 300T Pro.
Image

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8498
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:37 pm

Weren't these supposed to be LEs and only like $1600 when they came out? What changed?

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 7031
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by Chocodove » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:57 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:37 pm
Weren't these supposed to be LEs and only like $1600 when they came out? What changed?
They figured out they can make a lot of money on them.
- Todd

ChuckW
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Name: Chuck
Location: Atlanta

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by ChuckW » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:56 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:37 pm
Weren't these supposed to be LEs and only like $1600 when they came out? What changed?
I recall the pre-order price (non-Black Lung) as something like $1950. Think I got a good deal on my pre-owned 300 Pro at $1500 and sold it here for the same price. I was mainly disappointed in the weak, faux vintage lume.
Image

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 7031
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by Chocodove » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:05 pm

ChuckW wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:37 pm
Weren't these supposed to be LEs and only like $1600 when they came out? What changed?
I recall the pre-order price (non-Black Lung) as something like $1950. Think I got a good deal on my pre-owned 300 Pro at $1500 and sold it here for the same price. I was mainly disappointed in the weak, faux vintage lume.
Agreed on the lume. Bad lume is a dealbreaker for me and I wish Doxa did a better job with it on the OG Sharkhunter reissue I had. Perhaps these newer ones are better? Dunno.

The old 5000t I had was blazing. Miss that watch.

Image
- Todd

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45950
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:49 pm

i am holding out for the Rick Marei LE :roll:

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8498
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 pm

ChuckW wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:56 pm
streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:37 pm
Weren't these supposed to be LEs and only like $1600 when they came out? What changed?
I recall the pre-order price (non-Black Lung) as something like $1950. Think I got a good deal on my pre-owned 300 Pro at $1500 and sold it here for the same price. I was mainly disappointed in the weak, faux vintage lume.
If that is correct, they still marked them up 25%. No wonder I continue to lose interest in watches. The amount of greed exhibited by these companies is sickening.

User avatar
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 18011
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm
Name: Mike the Doxa Ho
Location: Lake Michigami

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by demer03 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:05 am

streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 pm
ChuckW wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:56 pm
streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:37 pm
Weren't these supposed to be LEs and only like $1600 when they came out? What changed?
I recall the pre-order price (non-Black Lung) as something like $1950. Think I got a good deal on my pre-owned 300 Pro at $1500 and sold it here for the same price. I was mainly disappointed in the weak, faux vintage lume.
If that is correct, they still marked them up 25%. No wonder I continue to lose interest in watches. The amount of greed exhibited by these companies is sickening.
Every single one. The insane price surge in the hobby essentially killed my passion. On the other hand, buying a camper and new bikes has been rewarding, so...yeah.
Image

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 26169
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by BBK357 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:51 am

I thought for sure it was $1750 for early buyers. Can’t find the email anymore.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

ChuckW
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Name: Chuck
Location: Atlanta

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by ChuckW » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:48 am

According to this article, the pre-sale price was $1990 and retail was $2590. I recall most, if not all, were sold at pre-sale price. Based on that, they're not really jacking them up over their original retail price, but releasing more may dilute the value of the ones from 2016.

https://monochrome-watches.com/doxa-su ... ry-review/
Image

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8498
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:28 am

demer03 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:05 am
streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 pm
ChuckW wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:56 pm
streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:37 pm
Weren't these supposed to be LEs and only like $1600 when they came out? What changed?
I recall the pre-order price (non-Black Lung) as something like $1950. Think I got a good deal on my pre-owned 300 Pro at $1500 and sold it here for the same price. I was mainly disappointed in the weak, faux vintage lume.
If that is correct, they still marked them up 25%. No wonder I continue to lose interest in watches. The amount of greed exhibited by these companies is sickening.
Every single one. The insane price surge in the hobby essentially killed my passion. On the other hand, buying a camper and new bikes has been rewarding, so...yeah.
Yup. I bought a 4wheeler for less than some of my past watches cost. It provides a hell of a lot more entertainment value.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 26169
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by BBK357 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:45 am

Ok I think I had a $200 pre pay payment and then paid $1750. My mistake.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8498
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:40 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:45 am
Ok I think I had a $200 pre pay payment and then paid $1750. My mistake.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is still a substantial difference in price in just a couple yrs.

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 7031
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by Chocodove » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:56 pm

They were $2015 ($500 deposit + $1490 final + $35 shipping). Just looked back at my email receipt.
- Todd

User avatar
ssultan
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:49 am
Name: ssultan

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by ssultan » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:08 pm

Well...I caved in and ordered one today. Darn sexy pictures...

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 11623
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 pm

ssultan wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:08 pm
Well...I caved in and ordered one today. Darn sexy pictures...
Bout time!

Congrats brother :cheers:
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
ssultan
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:49 am
Name: ssultan

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by ssultan » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:07 pm

Thanks Paul. Been checking FedEx updates all day long. Takes a couple of days to get to Canada ;)

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 11623
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:42 pm

ssultan wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:07 pm
Thanks Paul. Been checking FedEx updates all day long. Takes a couple of days to get to Canada ;)
The wait is always the worst.

A couple of months ago it took 2 weeks to receive a USPS Priority box. Now I only ship overnight.. :fro:
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
ssultan
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:49 am
Name: ssultan

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by ssultan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:39 pm

Not bad Paul. One day to get from NY to Quebec, Canada. I expect delivery tomorrow :)

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 11623
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:26 pm

Good luck!
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
ssultan
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:49 am
Name: ssultan

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by ssultan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:17 am

:rimshot:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Posts: 8493
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:50 am
Name: J

Re: 300 Subs back in stock

Post by aikiman44 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:23 am

Congrats!
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sna0403 and 7 guests