When all else fails, raise the price

Discussion of Doxa watches.
Post Reply
User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9514
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

When all else fails, raise the price

Post by logan2z » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:11 am


User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: When all else fails, raise the price

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:15 am

This guy has been trying to sell this for over a year:
http://www.sdwatches.com/product/nos-ro ... -complete/

He has raised the price around $20,000 over that time. Some people don't understand the time value of money.

On edit: These posts are taking so long to show up.

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 1766
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: When all else fails, raise the price

Post by BacoNoir » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:19 am

Wonder if that’s a typo and if he intended $8500?
Image

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 5232
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: When all else fails, raise the price

Post by dnslater » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 am

BacoNoir wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:19 am
Wonder if that’s a typo and if he intended $8500?
I don't think so. In this one he went $4990 - $5200 - 5000

User avatar
Ryeguy
Posts: 2637
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Rye

Re: When all else fails, raise the price

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:47 am

I should ask him if this watch comes in the plastic tube like modern Doxa's and my recent Helson....

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5113
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: When all else fails, raise the price

Post by Chocodove » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:39 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:47 am
I should ask him if this watch comes in the plastic tube like modern Doxa's and my recent Helson....
Hey, the Doxa's come in the "world famous scuba bottle presentation tube", which is some sort of metal.
- Todd

User avatar
Ryeguy
Posts: 2637
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Rye

Re: When all else fails, raise the price

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:23 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:39 am
Ryeguy wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:47 am
I should ask him if this watch comes in the plastic tube like modern Doxa's and my recent Helson....
Hey, the Doxa's come in the "world famous scuba bottle presentation tube", which is some sort of metal.
I know - just teasing.

Heck, the plastic Helson / Fullswing / CREPAS TACTICO plastic tube is actually a pretty decent way to ship a watch. The tube is sturdy as heck, well sealed, and it holds the watch with a couple accessories really securely. It may not be the most elegant thing in the world, but it works.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests