DOXA 750 GMT Photo Essay

Discussion of Doxa watches.
3cGT
Name: Rob

DOXA 750 GMT Photo Essay

Post by 3cGT » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm sure all here are well familiar with the GMT however I thought some might appreciate some shots of my first DOXA. I prefered to chase a 2nd hand watch but got tired of waiting for a Caribbean to come up for sale.

My experience with posting a WTB for this watch on the other main websites was very interesting. I may as well have put a neon light on my house "come on in & steal my shit" as I was several times hit on by scammers claiming to have "exactly what I wanted". The worry was they had either completely hacked well known users profiles & contacted me via PM from within the forum or had created profiles with very minor name changes. I smelt a rat pretty early on but there was at least one very suprised well known member on WUS to discover someone had appropriated his username in full and was trading off his very good reputation. Needless to say I wont be posting any more WTB except mabye here.

I found the process of dealing with DOXA to be very easy and well able to answer all my questions either on the phone or promptly via email. The watch itself is great. As expected perfect and working well straight out of the box.

I stressed a bit about how the watch would fit as I don't have a massive wrist (<7') however it sits very nicely on both the BOR braclet and on the Rubber Strap. In comparison to my Vintage Seiko divers it is noticably heavy on the wrist when coupled with the BOR.

The watch is a show pony, a bit of a bling peice and not very sure as a real dive watch it would cut it too well. I like the complication of the GMT function however over the last few days find myself looking at the dial for a few seconds thinking "what is the f..g time"? as no doubt it is a busy watch.

Lume wise it is interesting that my 1969 6105 (re lumed by IWW) completely smashes the DOXA from a functional perspective. I suppose it is the argument of form over function and goes to the reason as why the 6105 is considered a classic & likely to continue to climb in value.

Anyway I love the watch, the color is amazing, finish superb and I think I will enjoy it for years to come.

Cheers

Last edited by 3cGT on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Re: DOXA 750 GMT Photo Essay

Post by logan2z » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Thanks for the write up and photos. Beautiful DOXA, wear it well.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Nice write up and pics...I would say the 750's are my favorites..

:cheers:
Mike

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:01 pm

I still miss my Divingstar GMT. It was solid for sure, and the 750's sit great on the wrist. Congrats and enjoy. :cheers:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

3cGT

Post by 3cGT » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Size Comparison.

DOXA are very thin on the ground here in Aus so it is hard to get a feeling for how a watch you think you want will present size wise without being able to try one on your wrist. I lined up my Seiko 6105 next to the 750 for a comparison. Lug to lug is as good as identical with the DOXA looking a little fat around the hips. Also easy to see why the Seiko is a Lume winner in this contest.

lumm0x
Name: Kelly

Post by lumm0x » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:54 pm

A gorgeous watch for sure! Love the fly shot. Definitely one on the long term wish list for me.

3cGT

Post by 3cGT » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:13 pm

lumm0x wrote:A gorgeous watch for sure! Love the fly shot. Definitely one on the long term wish list for me.
We've got an oversupply of flys at this time if year in Melbourne! When he hopped on I thought it was a nice contrast so I took the shot & sent him on his way. :dance:

cdnwatchguy
Name: Keith

Post by cdnwatchguy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:08 am

Very nice. Had a Caribbean GMT a few year back and really liked it. Sold it to fund something or other. :shrug:

And I agree about WTB posts. More of a pain in the ass than they are worth.

Enjoy.
cheers,

Keith

lifeboat

Post by lifeboat » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:21 am

Nice watch, am interested as to how easy you found it to put the BOR back on ?

I have a Sub 1000t but just cant seem to have any luck putting the BOR back on and am wooried about scratching the lugs. Any tips?

rain_maker
Name: Fred

Post by rain_maker » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:42 am

Great write up. Always loved the caribbean dialed DOXAs.

snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Post by snootydog » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:46 pm

lifeboat wrote:Nice watch, am interested as to how easy you found it to put the BOR back on ?

I have a Sub 1000t but just cant seem to have any luck putting the BOR back on and am wooried about scratching the lugs. Any tips?
Great looking Doxa Rob,congrats :thumbsup:
As for getting the bracelet on and off and the rubber strap too,i've found it simple and quick one day and an absolute nightmare the next :angryfire: I have spent literally hours trying to get the bracelet back on both my 750 and 1200,to the point i've walked away.The lugs are going to get scratched,its par for the course.
With the rubber strap,sometimes i've found pushing the stap hard enough to the case to allow the spring bars to click in,near impossible. Its so frustrating because other times its really straightforward :shrug: Bloody gremlins :lol:
Andy :uj: