Great CS from Sven at DOXA!

Discussion of Doxa watches.
logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Great CS from Sven at DOXA!

Post by logan2z » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:32 am

I sent Sven a PM last week asking a couple of questions about the DOXA rubber strap. I've heard mixed reviews about the strap's comfort and wondered if there had been any recent modifications to the design. He quickly replied and told me that the Hershey strap was another option worth exploring for a vintage 300T. I asked about availability of the Hershey and before I knew it he told me he was sending me both the DOXA and Hershey rubber to try on my watch. Sure enough they both arrived yesterday! I tried the Hershey last night, it was pretty easy to install and fits the case perfectly. I'm going to give the DOXA rubber a shot over the weekend. Thanks Sven, what an awesome gesture!

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Re: Great CS from Sven at DOXA!

Post by moishlashen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:37 am

Nice. Good work Sevn!

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:41 am

Strong work

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Post by CesarG » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:47 am

Nice.

Both of those straps look great.

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:58 am

Sven FTW.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:05 am

Very nicely done! :cheers:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

cali kid
Unabomber impersonator
Name: Trevor

Post by cali kid » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:14 am

Nice to hear something good about Doxa and CS.. :clap: Sven Huh.. :think:
Image Image Image
Trevor

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:18 am

Yeap your right Sven seems like the real thing, to bad he hasn't sent me my box poop yet though.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:27 am

Great gesture!

I will say that the Doxa rubber strap designed to fit the 1200T is one of the worst strap designs I've ever come across; very stiff, next to impossible to get on the watch, very difficult to unbuckle, and flairs out to the sides when you wear it. Of course, ymmv.

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Name: DOXA CS

Post by DOXA Watches » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:57 am

toxicavenger wrote:Yeap your right Sven seems like the real thing, to bad he hasn't sent me my box poop yet though.
I sent it right away, customs is holding it, they need the value and the worksheet, I told them it is priceless, but a worksheet??

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:00 am

JBZ wrote:Great gesture!

I will say that the Doxa rubber strap designed to fit the 1200T is one of the worst strap designs I've ever come across; very stiff, next to impossible to get on the watch, very difficult to unbuckle, and flairs out to the sides when you wear it. Of course, ymmv.
That's the curse of the stiff strap on a small wrist - I know it well.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:02 am

DOXA Watches wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:Yeap your right Sven seems like the real thing, to bad he hasn't sent me my box poop yet though.
I sent it right away, customs is holding it, they need the value and the worksheet, I told them it is priceless, but a worksheet??
Really??? Maybe they classified it as exotic like a elephant hide. Hopefully they don't try and charge me VAT on it. :mrgreen:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:13 am

JP Chestnut wrote:

True, but in the Doxa's case it's exacerbated by a rubber "keeper" that keeps the strap from flexing near the lugs once it's installed. I honestly think you'd need 8" wrists for the strap to run comfortably along the sides of your wrist.

Why Doxa doesn't just use an Isofrane (or a cheaper version of an Isofrane) is beyond me - they're related companies, if memory serves.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:21 am

JBZ wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote: Why Doxa doesn't just use an Isofrane (or a cheaper version of an Isofrane) is beyond me - they're related companies, if memory serves.
You can. In fact the Project Aware has one made specifically for it. The rubber straps are ordered separately, so if Isofrane is your thing....do it! Just a different portal.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:28 am

Nicely done.

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa

Post by DOXA Watches » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:40 am

JBZ wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

True, but in the Doxa's case it's exacerbated by a rubber "keeper" that keeps the strap from flexing near the lugs once it's installed. I honestly think you'd need 8" wrists for the strap to run comfortably along the sides of your wrist.

Why Doxa doesn't just use an Isofrane (or a cheaper version of an Isofrane) is beyond me - they're related companies, if memory serves.
The story is complicated to explain in a few lines, but the companies' ownership, manufacturing and design and definitely the capitalization are totally unrelated, only part of the distribution process and logistics, online resources use the same company in Austria. in fact they consider themselves competitors in a good way (if that can be said), I don't, I know most of the isofrane staff, nice dudes.

Sven

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:48 am

DOXA Watches wrote:
JBZ wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

The story is complicated to explain in a few lines, but the companies' ownership, manufacturing and design and definitely the capitalization are totally unrelated, only part of the distribution process and logistics, online resources use the same company in Austria. in fact they consider themselves competitors in a good way (if that can be said), I don't, I know most of the isofrane staff, nice dudes.

Sven
I don't mean to slam Doxa over this issue or open the whole can of worms regarding how companies are related, which I know has been a bone of contention in the past with Doxa. I just don't think their current rubber strap design is very good. I contrast this with the beads of rice bracelet that comes with the 1200T, which I found to be excellent.

kfalk
Old Chub
Name: Kelly

Post by kfalk » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:52 am

Way to be Sven. Glad you're showing that Doxa has some quality people working with them. I'm very happy with my 1200 shark and my Project Aware.

Keep up the good work.

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa

Post by DOXA Watches » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:52 am

JBZ wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
JBZ wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

Sven
I don't mean to slam Doxa over this issue or open the whole can of worms regarding how companies are related, which I know has been a bone of contention in the past with Doxa. I just don't think their current rubber strap design is very good. I contrast this with the beads of rice bracelet that comes with the 1200T, which I found to be excellent.
I don't see it that way and the truth has to be told, for a small wrist and compared to an isofrane it is really stiff, that is because of the metal reinforcement built into the lugs. For a large wrist where the curvature radius is above 7.5", it wears well.

Sven

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:45 pm

DOXA Watches wrote:
JBZ wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
JBZ wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

Sven
I don't see it that way and the truth has to be told, for a small wrist and compared to an isofrane it is really stiff, that is because of the metal reinforcement built into the lugs. For a large wrist where the curvature radius is above 7.5", it wears well.

Sven
I personally hate that design, but I guess it serves some purpose for people with large wrists.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:18 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
JBZ wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
JBZ wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

Sven

Sven
I personally hate that design, but I guess it serves some purpose for people with large wrists.
True, but why would you want to put out a design that only fits certain people? Just seems weird to me.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Well obviously some people like it. Just because it's not your thing doesn't mean it doesn't work for another.

I prefer NATO. I am fine with providing my own ;-)

jimyritz
Masshole

Post by jimyritz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Nice job Sven... personally, never took the beads of rice off... :shrug:

DMB
Global Moderator
Name: Magnificent Bastard
Location: On the high ground with interlocking fields of fire

Post by DMB » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Yumpin' Yimminy .... Sven for the win.

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Great job, Sven.

I preferred the BOR to the Hershey, but the Hershey was an improvement over the standard rubber strap.