Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Discussion of Doxa watches.
DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:21 pm

Torrid wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
The E30M3 is a very tasteful choice. I'd love to pick up an E30M3 Evo at some point.
The GTO is a 2004. I'm from the US, but have admired the Australian approach to cars for a while. I had to get one when they started selling in the US.
pics please
I've kept it pretty much stock and continue to daily drive it. I bought it mostly for fun, but it has been very reliable too.
great color !

lots of power, how does it handle?

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9838
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by logan2z » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:50 pm

This thread has taken a great turn - a cool guy from DOXA who seems to "get it" and some great car pics. Love me some German cars and DOXA watches.

Image

Image

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5579
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by Torrid » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:15 pm

DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
The E30M3 is a very tasteful choice. I'd love to pick up an E30M3 Evo at some point.
The GTO is a 2004. I'm from the US, but have admired the Australian approach to cars for a while. I had to get one when they started selling in the US.
pics please
I've kept it pretty much stock and continue to daily drive it. I bought it mostly for fun, but it has been very reliable too.
great color !

lots of power, how does it handle?
It spends plenty of time sideways, so I'd say great!

User avatar
AntonioPD
Posts: 2929
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:49 am
Name: Tony
Location: Wheaton, Illinois

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by AntonioPD » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:08 pm

Henryj wrote:
toxicavenger wrote: they were but due to him answering the door in his unwear mutiple times I think he was elminated from the rooster.
Terry, even allowing for your bad spelling, "eliminated from the rooster" is a hell of a mental image.
Anyone who's paid attention knows Terry is all about the cocks. :lol:
Resistance is the indicator of progress. - Clint Bruce USN (Retired)

Image

Omega PO 8500 45.5, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard A-05, Karlskrona Midnattssol Blue Date, G-Shock Solar Atomic and GA-100, Movado ESQ

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41559
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:14 pm

AntonioPD wrote:
Henryj wrote:
toxicavenger wrote: they were but due to him answering the door in his unwear mutiple times I think he was elminated from the rooster.
Terry, even allowing for your bad spelling, "eliminated from the rooster" is a hell of a mental image.
Anyone who's paid attention knows Terry is all about the cocks. :lol:
:clap: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Tony get off the fucking laptop, I want another bed video but with more action! :hump:

User avatar
AntonioPD
Posts: 2929
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:49 am
Name: Tony
Location: Wheaton, Illinois

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by AntonioPD » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:35 pm

toxicavenger wrote: :clap: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Tony get off the fucking laptop, I want another bed video but with more action! :hump:
Working on it Terry; have to get her drunk first. :lol:
Resistance is the indicator of progress. - Clint Bruce USN (Retired)

Image

Omega PO 8500 45.5, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard A-05, Karlskrona Midnattssol Blue Date, G-Shock Solar Atomic and GA-100, Movado ESQ

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41559
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:40 pm

AntonioPD wrote:
toxicavenger wrote: :clap: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Tony get off the fucking laptop, I want another bed video but with more action! :hump:
Working on it Terry; have to get her drunk first. :lol:
just tell me what she drinks :mrgreen:

User avatar
AntonioPD
Posts: 2929
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:49 am
Name: Tony
Location: Wheaton, Illinois

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by AntonioPD » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:57 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
AntonioPD wrote:
toxicavenger wrote: :clap: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Tony get off the fucking laptop, I want another bed video but with more action! :hump:
Working on it Terry; have to get her drunk first. :lol:
just tell me what she drinks :mrgreen:
Hendricks GnT or vodka martini w lots of olives. :lol:
Resistance is the indicator of progress. - Clint Bruce USN (Retired)

Image

Omega PO 8500 45.5, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard A-05, Karlskrona Midnattssol Blue Date, G-Shock Solar Atomic and GA-100, Movado ESQ

User avatar
Brimstone
Posts: 1047
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:46 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Side of a mountain, Rockies, USA

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by Brimstone » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:16 pm

DOXA Watches wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:Sven, if you keep this up you guys might sell some watches over here. I really hope the rest of the company is on the same page you are.
Hi,
well, it would be good for DOXA, but I am not the right one for sales, and you will never see a sales pitch from me here, I am here to answer questions and help former and future DOXA owners, I studied sociology and human behavior and I am hobby watchmaker, I enjoy the company of people like y'all and hope to be able to meet in person someday on a DOXA GTG in the US.

Yes, there is a new wind blowing at DOXA, I was appointed as a part of a new customer oriented strategy rather than a product oriented, DOXA being a very traditional Swiss company, and torn between the old and young generation leadership, also the classic brick and mortar and internet sales, the young generation seems to have overruled, and you will see a complete different approach in the future. IMO, DOXA has the product, from a 1200T to a 4000T, there is a DOXA flavor for anyone interested in a DOXA SUB, so all efforts are now going into customer satisfaction and service.

I hear stuff like making all vintage SUB300T parts available again, the old movements are by the way, anyone in need of a vintage SUB300T movement (ETA 2451) instead of the costly repair of the old movement, please let me know
You are the best salesman Doxa has, whether they know it or not.
Image

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41559
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Brimstone wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:Sven, if you keep this up you guys might sell some watches over here. I really hope the rest of the company is on the same page you are.
Hi,
well, it would be good for DOXA, but I am not the right one for sales, and you will never see a sales pitch from me here, I am here to answer questions and help former and future DOXA owners, I studied sociology and human behavior and I am hobby watchmaker, I enjoy the company of people like y'all and hope to be able to meet in person someday on a DOXA GTG in the US.

Yes, there is a new wind blowing at DOXA, I was appointed as a part of a new customer oriented strategy rather than a product oriented, DOXA being a very traditional Swiss company, and torn between the old and young generation leadership, also the classic brick and mortar and internet sales, the young generation seems to have overruled, and you will see a complete different approach in the future. IMO, DOXA has the product, from a 1200T to a 4000T, there is a DOXA flavor for anyone interested in a DOXA SUB, so all efforts are now going into customer satisfaction and service.

I hear stuff like making all vintage SUB300T parts available again, the old movements are by the way, anyone in need of a vintage SUB300T movement (ETA 2451) instead of the costly repair of the old movement, please let me know
You are the best salesman Doxa has, whether they know it or not.
I completely agree :thumbsup:

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41559
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:12 pm

AntonioPD wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
AntonioPD wrote:
toxicavenger wrote: :clap: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Tony get off the fucking laptop, I want another bed video but with more action! :hump:
Working on it Terry; have to get her drunk first. :lol:
just tell me what she drinks :mrgreen:
Hendricks GnT or vodka martini w lots of olives. :lol:
can we talk her into something cheaper, like Boone's Farm?

User avatar
AntonioPD
Posts: 2929
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:49 am
Name: Tony
Location: Wheaton, Illinois

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by AntonioPD » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:53 pm

toxicavenger wrote: can we talk her into something cheaper, like Boone's Farm?
Yellow Tail Shiraz should do the trick. :clap:
Resistance is the indicator of progress. - Clint Bruce USN (Retired)

Image

Omega PO 8500 45.5, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard A-05, Karlskrona Midnattssol Blue Date, G-Shock Solar Atomic and GA-100, Movado ESQ

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:11 pm

Brimstone wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:Sven, if you keep this up you guys might sell some watches over here. I really hope the rest of the company is on the same page you are.
You are the best salesman Doxa has, whether they know it or not.
C'mon, definitely not
but thanks anyway

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:41 pm

what are your thoughts about a true replica of the SUB300T with an identical case and original NOS movement and a new BOR bracelet?

Sven

User avatar
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 17051
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm
Name: Mike the Doxa Ho
Location: Lake Michigami

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by demer03 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:45 pm

I'd be all over it Sven. I like the true old sizing, but find the modern bracelets too heavy. If DOXA could bring the old bracelet back....heaven. I disagree that they are weak. I restore them for myself and others. They were extremely well thought out and executed. Open end links and all.

Image
#returntherattle

User avatar
Graeme
Owner - SAS & Míleata
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:08 pm
Name: Graeme
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by Graeme » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:47 pm

DOXA Watches wrote:what are your thoughts about a true replica of the SUB300T with an identical case and original NOS movement and a new BOR bracelet?

Sven
I'd say you'd be on to a winner!!!



Regards
Graeme
Image

Image Image

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9838
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by logan2z » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

I think that would be a big hit. I'd be a buyer.

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:52 pm

demer03 wrote:I'd be all over it Sven. I like the true old sizing, but find the modern bracelets too heavy. If DOXA could bring the old bracelet back....heaven. I disagree that they are weak. I restore them for myself and others. They were extremely well thought out and executed. Open end links and all.

Image
I don't dare to ask a question like this on WUS, for reasons you know, what are your thoughts on the movement? original NOS, 2824, 2892 or soprod A10? I know everyone is entirely different that the other, but what does the real WIS say?

As for myself, a hobby watchmaker, I made my decision already.

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:53 pm

DOXA Watches wrote:
demer03 wrote:I'd be all over it Sven. I like the true old sizing, but find the modern bracelets too heavy. If DOXA could bring the old bracelet back....heaven. I disagree that they are weak. I restore them for myself and others. They were extremely well thought out and executed. Open end links and all.

Image
I forgot, this piece is a beauty, what have you done to it?

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5579
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by Torrid » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:56 pm

I have been a fan of Doxa for a while and prefer the traditional designs. I'd be a buyer for sure on a reissue.

User avatar
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 17051
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm
Name: Mike the Doxa Ho
Location: Lake Michigami

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by demer03 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Nothing. I bought it NOS from granitequarry. Box, papers, hang tag, manual, and tool.

Image

Movement? I'm the wrong guy to ask. I admit I'm prejudiced toward Swiss ETA, but the world is changing. The fact that you said NOS movement perked my ears up as well.
#returntherattle

User avatar
andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Posts: 13740
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:04 pm
Name: William Drayton, Jr.
Location: Gone

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by andrema » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Soprod A10
Image

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:07 pm

demer03 wrote:Nothing. I bought it NOS from granitequarry. Box, papers, hang tag, manual, and tool.

Image

Movement? I'm the wrong guy to ask. I admit I'm prejudiced toward Swiss ETA, but the world is changing. The fact that you said NOS movement perked my ears up as well.
Wow, there are just a handful in the world

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30856
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Don't worry, mike will sell it for his flavor of next month.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 17051
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm
Name: Mike the Doxa Ho
Location: Lake Michigami

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by demer03 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:41 pm

CGSshorty wrote:Don't worry, mike will sell it for his flavor of next month.
Will

Not

Happen
#returntherattle

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests