Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Discussion of Doxa watches.
User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:47 am

DOXA Watches wrote:
BBK357 wrote:This thread is awesome, I missed it because I always avoid non sales threads that include the word "Doxa".

This is amazing and shows the vast difference between this forum and others. I love how Sven joked with Terry about shipping poop, coolest thing I've seen.

I honestly might buy a Doxa after reading this thread. I always thought if you bought a Doxa and it has issues you are screwed> That thanks to WUS and the idiot mods there.


3 Cheers for Sven!
...people here seem to be more grown up (you know what I mean)...
Sven
:scratch:

I agree that there are many people here who are more mature in their watch ownership journey than on other forums (especially WUS where 99.9% of the posters seem brand new). Combine that with the constant penis jokes and you do have a special place.

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:54 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
BBK357 wrote:This thread is awesome, I missed it because I always avoid non sales threads that include the word "Doxa".

This is amazing and shows the vast difference between this forum and others. I love how Sven joked with Terry about shipping poop, coolest thing I've seen.

I honestly might buy a Doxa after reading this thread. I always thought if you bought a Doxa and it has issues you are screwed> That thanks to WUS and the idiot mods there.


3 Cheers for Sven!
...people here seem to be more grown up (you know what I mean)...
Sven
:scratch:

I agree that there are many people here who are more mature in their watch ownership journey than on other forums (especially WUS where 99.9% of the posters seem brand new). Combine that with the constant penis jokes and you do have a special place.
"mature in their watch ownership journey", this is the word, thank you
damn German !!

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:09 am

Hope I am still welcome, now you know I am German :cheers:

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:12 am

DOXA Watches wrote:Hope I am still welcome, now you know I am German :cheers:
Your written English is very good.

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:13 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:Hope I am still welcome, now you know I am German :cheers:
Your written English is very good.
I try hard, but wait until you heard the accent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB_9W9csP8k

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 40799
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:33 am

DOXA Watches wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:Sven, great reply. The issue is the fact that mods on WUS has played the "smoke and mirrors" game with so many loyal customers that they have ran a ton of them off. Heck demer03 beat the drum louder for Doxa than anyone on that forum and he got "T-bone'd" (banned).

Here is a good read to show how that sub-forum has trashed some people viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11814

I applaud you for trying to set everything straight but it needs to start in-house first imo.
thanks bro !
You seem to "listen", so my pleasure and good luck. :cheers:

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5443
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by Torrid » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:36 am

DOXA Watches wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:Hope I am still welcome, now you know I am German :cheers:
Your written English is very good.
I try hard, but wait until you heard the accent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB_9W9csP8k
Haha, Top Gear jokes too. This guy's alright.

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:06 am

Torrid wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:Hope I am still welcome, now you know I am German :cheers:
Your written English is very good.
I try hard, but wait until you heard the accent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB_9W9csP8k
Haha, Top Gear jokes too. This guy's alright.
any car nuts around ??

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5443
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by Torrid » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:10 am

Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:20 am

Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:23 am

DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
The E30M3 is a very tasteful choice. I'd love to pick up an E30M3 Evo at some point.

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:41 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
The E30M3 is a very tasteful choice. I'd love to pick up an E30M3 Evo at some point.
they have become ridiculously expensive, but I hear some experts talking about a car bubble, so maybe the market will slow down again in the next few years, BTW, this might sound funny, but the next thing that comes close in terms of chassis/balance/performance is the BRZ, doesn't have the charisma though

User avatar
Ryeguy
Posts: 2631
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Rye

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:43 am

DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
Lovely area of the world. I've just returned from Munich where I was able to combine a visit to the Weisn (Oktoberfest) with work. My company has 5 offices in Germany and I try to get to the Munich area as often as I can.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:45 am

DOXA Watches wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
The E30M3 is a very tasteful choice. I'd love to pick up an E30M3 Evo at some point.
they have become ridiculously expensive, but I hear some experts talking about a car bubble, so maybe the market will slow down again in the next few years, BTW, this might sound funny, but the next thing that comes close in terms of chassis/balance/performance is the BRZ, doesn't have the charisma though
The BRZ is a seriously good looking car. Every time I see one I double take and expect it to be some sort of exotic. My "cool car days" are on hold while I finish by PhD (and consequently ride the bus every day... even in shitty Mi Winter).

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5443
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by Torrid » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:47 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
The E30M3 is a very tasteful choice. I'd love to pick up an E30M3 Evo at some point.
The GTO is a 2004. I'm from the US, but have admired the Australian approach to cars for a while. I had to get one when they started selling in the US.

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:52 am

Ryeguy wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
Lovely area of the world. I've just returned from Munich where I was able to combine a visit to the Weisn (Oktoberfest) with work. My company has 5 offices in Germany and I try to get to the Munich area as often as I can.
München is one the nicest places in Germany, Hamburg is also underrated

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:54 am

Torrid wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
The E30M3 is a very tasteful choice. I'd love to pick up an E30M3 Evo at some point.
The GTO is a 2004. I'm from the US, but have admired the Australian approach to cars for a while. I had to get one when they started selling in the US.
pics please

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:57 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
The E30M3 is a very tasteful choice. I'd love to pick up an E30M3 Evo at some point.
they have become ridiculously expensive, but I hear some experts talking about a car bubble, so maybe the market will slow down again in the next few years, BTW, this might sound funny, but the next thing that comes close in terms of chassis/balance/performance is the BRZ, doesn't have the charisma though
The BRZ is a seriously good looking car. Every time I see one I double take and expect it to be some sort of exotic. My "cool car days" are on hold while I finish by PhD (and consequently ride the bus every day... even in shitty Mi Winter).
I hate to say it, but while BMW has become a pile of over engineered bits, Subaru/Toyota have gone back to the roots and made a great car for a not so crazy price, so by the time you finish your PhD, they will available for 10k

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 23933
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by BBK357 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:58 am

Ryeguy wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
Lovely area of the world. I've just returned from Munich where I was able to combine a visit to the Weisn (Oktoberfest) with work. My company has 5 offices in Germany and I try to get to the Munich area as often as I can.

Damn I wish I had a cool job. Sounds great.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30433
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:00 am

Sven, if you keep this up you guys might sell some watches over here. I really hope the rest of the company is on the same page you are.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 40799
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:07 am

CGSshorty wrote: I really hope the rest of the company is on the same page you are.
^this

User avatar
Ryeguy
Posts: 2631
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Rye

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:14 am

BBK357 wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
Lovely area of the world. I've just returned from Munich where I was able to combine a visit to the Weisn (Oktoberfest) with work. My company has 5 offices in Germany and I try to get to the Munich area as often as I can.

Damn I wish I had a cool job. Sounds great.
I work for a large computer aided design / PLM software company (9th largest software company in the world last I heard). My focus is the medical device industry, but obviously the automotive industry is big for us - hence the office in Munich. I'm trying to line up my next visit with a cochlear implant manufacturer who is based in Innsbruck, Austria. I will pack my skis for that visit! :rock:

DOXA Watches
Yes, it's actually Doxa
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am
Name: DOXA CS

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by DOXA Watches » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:19 am

CGSshorty wrote:Sven, if you keep this up you guys might sell some watches over here. I really hope the rest of the company is on the same page you are.
Hi,
well, it would be good for DOXA, but I am not the right one for sales, and you will never see a sales pitch from me here, I am here to answer questions and help former and future DOXA owners, I studied sociology and human behavior and I am hobby watchmaker, I enjoy the company of people like y'all and hope to be able to meet in person someday on a DOXA GTG in the US.

Yes, there is a new wind blowing at DOXA, I was appointed as a part of a new customer oriented strategy rather than a product oriented, DOXA being a very traditional Swiss company, and torn between the old and young generation leadership, also the classic brick and mortar and internet sales, the young generation seems to have overruled, and you will see a complete different approach in the future. IMO, DOXA has the product, from a 1200T to a 4000T, there is a DOXA flavor for anyone interested in a DOXA SUB, so all efforts are now going into customer satisfaction and service.

I hear stuff like making all vintage SUB300T parts available again, the old movements are by the way, anyone in need of a vintage SUB300T movement (ETA 2451) instead of the costly repair of the old movement, please let me know

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5443
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by Torrid » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:03 pm

DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
The E30M3 is a very tasteful choice. I'd love to pick up an E30M3 Evo at some point.
The GTO is a 2004. I'm from the US, but have admired the Australian approach to cars for a while. I had to get one when they started selling in the US.
pics please
I've kept it pretty much stock and continue to daily drive it. I bought it mostly for fun, but it has been very reliable too.

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 23933
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Purchase from Doxa in Switzerland in person?

Post by BBK357 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:19 pm

Ryeguy wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
DOXA Watches wrote:
Torrid wrote:Hell yes. I have a Jaguar S-Type and a Pontiac GTO(Holden/Vauxhaul Monaro)
Man, great taste, which year is the GTO, Holden? assume you are from down under

I am a true Bavarian, I have an E21 323i and an E30 M3, my daily driver is a 325Xi
Lovely area of the world. I've just returned from Munich where I was able to combine a visit to the Weisn (Oktoberfest) with work. My company has 5 offices in Germany and I try to get to the Munich area as often as I can.

Damn I wish I had a cool job. Sounds great.
I work for a large computer aided design / PLM software company (9th largest software company in the world last I heard). My focus is the medical device industry, but obviously the automotive industry is big for us - hence the office in Munich. I'm trying to line up my next visit with a cochlear implant manufacturer who is based in Innsbruck, Austria. I will pack my skis for that visit! :rock:
Wow.
You need a nurse to travel with you?
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests