my experience w Doxa CS

Discussion of Doxa watches.
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Re: my experience w Doxa CS

Post by demer03 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:25 am

MagnumsGMTMaster wrote:One added bit of info makes me skeptical that Doxa is doing all that well. The 1200T Pro I was sent had a low series number, in the 300s. For a watch with a limited run of 1200 and that's been out since, I believe, 2010, I was surprised they hadn't moved more of them. Could just be the model is less popular, but it seems just as likely that they are reaping the reward of the poor customer service they have become known for - and for the QC issues that seem to be a lesser issue over all.
The backs are random, not sold in sequence. DOXA has always done that.

Still does not condone lackluster CS.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

DMB
Global Moderator
Name: Magnificent Bastard
Location: On the high ground with interlocking fields of fire

Post by DMB » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:45 am

I was a big fan of DOXA, and still like the watches today .... even though I no longer own any of the divers. If you shop pre-owned, you will get the modern DOXA sub for a price that reflects it's worth. A sturdy, good looking dive watch with an above average ETA movement. If you buy one at full MSRP from DOXA, you are getting ass raped. That is a fact.

I have absolutely zero complaints regarding the 3 750 subs and 1 750 sub GMT that I have owned, all bought used at good prices and sold for little or no loss.

I have never had the displeasure of dealing with DOXA customer service, but I have heard all of the horror stories and quite frankly, the fact that DOXA would allow such mega slapdicks like T-Bone and the other DOXA moderators to speak for the company is all the motivation I need to vow NEVER to send one cent of my money to DOXA SA. Especially when I can get damn near any DOXA I want on the pre-owned market, sooner or later.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:15 am

Like this....

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:19 pm

demer03 wrote:Yeeeaaaahhh....

They make it so hard to be a fan, sometimes. As I've said before....two guys and a case of beer. I still have a soft spot for the 1000 series. I have been trying to get a replacement screw bar for an 800 Pro since October '12.....

Vintage, baby;

actually you OWNED two of the rarest ones out there. :mrgreen:

demer03

Post by demer03 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:58 am

Correction, my little overly moisturized dermal papillae friend...." Owned " one...." Owning " another.

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:18 am

toxicavenger wrote:actually you OWNED two of the rarest ones out there. :mrgreen:

Thats what she said.

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

MagnumsGMTMaster
Name: David

Post by MagnumsGMTMaster » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:29 am

toxicavenger wrote:

They make it so hard to be a fan, sometimes. As I've said before....two guys and a case of beer. I still have a soft spot for the 1000 series. I have been trying to get a replacement screw bar for an 800 Pro since October '12.....

Vintage, baby;

That's what I want. That's what I have always wanted. Just never knew it until now.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:02 am

MagnumsGMTMaster wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

Vintage, baby;

That's what I want. That's what I have always wanted. Just never knew it until now.
They ain't cheap, I tell you what.

lifeboat

Post by lifeboat » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:59 am

I have a Project Aware 1000T on Orange rubber with BOR in the box which never gets wrist time sitting in the winder if anyone is interested?

jln319
Name: -jeff

Post by jln319 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:00 am

OP, glad to hear your story ended well. Like most, I really like Doxa watches. So much so that I have 10 of them, for now. However, I have never had a good CS experience unless I was buying a new watch. I still have two issues outstanding. One from over a year ago. A person can only beat his head against a wall for so long. I have given up ever getting my issues resolved and please don't tell me to keep trying... I have chatted, called, and emailed more times than I can count. Personally, I think it's ridiculous for someone to even suggest to keep trying, I don't care how small a shop you have. If you want to survive, take care of your customers, period... I have always been amazed at the diehards over on WUS who speak as though Doxa can do no wrong. If you have an issue and post it, they will make all kinds of excuses for them or delete the post... I would suggest to them that they are not doing Doxa any favors by covering for them. If they really cared about the success of the brand they should help the person with the issue get it resolved, not say keep trying. Could it be they can't because they aren't as "tight" with the Doxa crew as they say or think they are... They aren't helping the reputation of there site either. Sorry, everytime I read one of these Doxa CS threads it just sets me off... I've ranted enough for today...
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right. Henry Ford.

moishlashen

Post by moishlashen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:34 am

jln319 wrote:OP, glad to hear your story ended well. Like most, I really like Doxa watches. So much so that I have 10 of them, for now. However, I have never had a good CS experience unless I was buying a new watch. I still have two issues outstanding. One from over a year ago. A person can only beat his head against a wall for so long. I have given up ever getting my issues resolved and please don't tell me to keep trying... I have chatted, called, and emailed more times than I can count. Personally, I think it's ridiculous for someone to even suggest to keep trying, I don't care how small a shop you have. If you want to survive, take care of your customers, period... I have always been amazed at the diehards over on WUS who speak as though Doxa can do no wrong. If you have an issue and post it, they will make all kinds of excuses for them or delete the post... I would suggest to them that they are not doing Doxa any favors by covering for them. If they really cared about the success of the brand they should help the person with the issue get it resolved, not say keep trying. Could it be they can't because they aren't as "tight" with the Doxa crew as they say or think they are... They aren't helping the reputation of there site either. Sorry, everytime I read one of these Doxa CS threads it just sets me off... I've ranted enough for today...

We're here for you Jeff :grin:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:16 am

jln319 wrote:OP, glad to hear your story ended well. Like most, I really like Doxa watches. So much so that I have 10 of them, for now. However, I have never had a good CS experience unless I was buying a new watch. I still have two issues outstanding. One from over a year ago. A person can only beat his head against a wall for so long. I have given up ever getting my issues resolved and please don't tell me to keep trying... I have chatted, called, and emailed more times than I can count. Personally, I think it's ridiculous for someone to even suggest to keep trying, I don't care how small a shop you have. If you want to survive, take care of your customers, period... I have always been amazed at the diehards over on WUS who speak as though Doxa can do no wrong. If you have an issue and post it, they will make all kinds of excuses for them or delete the post... I would suggest to them that they are not doing Doxa any favors by covering for them. If they really cared about the success of the brand they should help the person with the issue get it resolved, not say keep trying. Could it be they can't because they aren't as "tight" with the Doxa crew as they say or think they are... They aren't helping the reputation of there site either. Sorry, everytime I read one of these Doxa CS threads it just sets me off... I've ranted enough for today...
Have you tried chatting, calling or emailing? I'd suggest you just keep trying.

jln319

Post by jln319 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:56 am

JBZ wrote:
Genius! Why didn't I think of that... :lol:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:09 am

jln319 wrote:
JBZ wrote:
Genius! Why didn't I think of that... :lol:
I'm here to help.

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:14 pm

What about two screw drivers?
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

jln319

Post by jln319 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:22 pm

lilhoody wrote:
What about two screw drivers?
Not sure I follow 2 screw drivers. Now, if we are talking 12lb sledge hammer, I'm there. :lol:

moishlashen

Post by moishlashen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:53 pm

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:48 pm

moishlashen wrote:Here you go Jeff : viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18763&hilit=nutz
Thanks, I laughed so hard I almost had iced tea come out of my nose.

MagnumsGMTMaster
Name: David

Post by MagnumsGMTMaster » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Sorry you've had these problems. I'm cooling on the brand after reading about all the problems. With so many choices, there's no need to suffer ... I've had issues with other sellers as well. My rule til now was to always deal with an AD. Never gray market or other resellers. I'll have to add, never deal with a brand that doesn't have a stateside AD. The overseas thing is just too much of a headache when a problem arises. Anyway I'm down to a Sinn 556A and a Casio GW5600j. That'll do for a while. I can always look online to get my dive watch fix.