Doxa recommend T-Graph not to be used under water

Discussion of Doxa watches.
andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Re: Doxa recommend T-Graph not to be used under water

Post by andrema » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:50 am

unixshrk wrote:
FlyPenFly wrote:I don't think archie is a spam queen compared to that guy who constantly posts IWC buckles for a million dollars.
What? :lol:
Yep...ban Jurgen's ass!

LeoM

Post by LeoM » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:29 am

Sorry to see that some veteran DWC members either overlook or are sadly unaware of the real value of their own organisation.

My first post here got hostile reactions (irrelevant that it too was about Doxa) so consider the history and the facts:

1. I have always had an interest in dive watches.

2. That does not mean that my interest, views, questions, complaints etc can only be validated on condition of being a regular posting member of dive watch forums.

3. In the past I had always been an owner/user of Omega watches.

4. You will all readily appreciate that I did not need any internet-based source of information to find out what I needed to know (good, bad, or neutral) about Omega.

5. In fact, I did not even need to know of the existence of the internet, let alone DWC, to be confident when shelling out X month’s salary to buy an Omega.

6. But I live in a country/continent where I had never, and have never, seen a Doxa worn in public (bar the one at the end of my arm).

7. So logically (and the logic is reinforced by the fact that Doxa only deal online) the internet was the obvious research choice when I was in the market for a 750t.

8. I researched without posting and came across little negativity, and the negativity that I did in fact find had been answered with at best heavily adult-flavoured ‘its just sour grapes’ and at worst low-life spammer/scammer suggestions, all as per the current thread. Pausing here, I can hear you all saying: ‘Negativity??? That rules out WUS’.

9. So I decided to buy new from Doxa and promptly learned the same lesson as the OP here, namely that if you deal with Doxa there is a high chance you will be dealt shit.

10. Now let’s hypothesise: Say, today I am in the market for a T-Graph. Say, also, I do my (of necessity) internet research and find on WUS nothing but glowing acclaim (naturally) and on DWC this current thread. Is it unreasonable of me to conclude (and as I actually did when in the market), that the unfortunate T-Graph owning OP is simply living proof of the maxim ‘cant-please-everyone-everytime’? And having reached that conclusion I deal with Doxa.

11. You can join the rest of the dots for yourselves.

12. Gentlemen, please grasp the fact that it is a probabilistic function of being an internet-based resource that you will have followers and members who rely on the wide experience and vast knowledge of your veteran members. Moreover, and much, much more important, it is the independence and freedom of thought at DWC that makes it so valuable to so many people worldwide, not just regular posting members/contributors. I remind of your own entry page: We are about watch reviews that are uninfluenced by sponsorships and linking people with common interests to other sources of information regarding those interests.

13. The shabby treatment of the OP clearly makes the above a wholly conditional statement and IMHO a cause for even greater complaint than any I have levelled at Doxa.

14. If you really do want to distinguish DWC from WUS then could I respectfully suggest a little more respect for your own stated values, and also for people like the OP. Or to descend to the level I am criticising: take the time to ask a few simple questions before shooting off your big dumb mouth.

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:54 am

Oh, brother
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 am

In the end, it is your choice if you buy or not.

I have had issues with the paint quality of the hour and minute hands on their Professional and Searambler 1200T which were purchased directly from DOXA. They responded that the quality of the paint is within their tolerance and because the "NEW" hands are thick, the paint cannot be evenly painted onto the sides hence showing irregularities, but I disagreed especially at the price point they were selling them. They gave me a difficult time with the return and refund, but in the end, they refunded everything, less the shipping cost I paid to return both watches, which I was okay with as I didn't want to get stuck with subpar craftmanship.

Did it leave a sour taste in my mouth? YES! But this did not stop me from purchasing another, especially the elusive 600T Searambler. I recently picked up the T-graph below(gently used from DWC member, Dave, aka (DEMO), this past Aug.

One of the reason for this purchase was that this T-Graph was manufactured in 2007. No one had any issues(from researching/posting here and at WUS) with irregular painting on the hands.

This is my only DOXA and am really happy with it. I took a chance and it worked out. As far as servicing issues, I guess I will have to deal with that when that time comes.

If all of us agreed all of the time, this world would just be boring as hell.

It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

LeoM

Post by LeoM » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:02 am

I couldnt agree more - as I said at the time and will repeat: I love the watches, and have bought another since. Nothing will put me off the watches. So buying Doxa isnt the issue - read my post, and understand what I said before you reply and dont infer what I havent stated. My issue is dealing with Doxa and, I now know, so it is for a lot of other people.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:33 am

Some people. Many of us have had nothing but pleasant experiences both with purchase and after the fact service.

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am

LeoM wrote:Sorry to see that some veteran DWC members either overlook or are sadly unaware of the real value of their own organisation.

My first post here got hostile reactions (irrelevant that it too was about Doxa) so consider the history and the facts:

1. I have always had an interest in dive watches.

2. That does not mean that my interest, views, questions, complaints etc can only be validated on condition of being a regular posting member of dive watch forums.

3. In the past I had always been an owner/user of Omega watches.

4. You will all readily appreciate that I did not need any internet-based source of information to find out what I needed to know (good, bad, or neutral) about Omega.

5. In fact, I did not even need to know of the existence of the internet, let alone DWC, to be confident when shelling out X month’s salary to buy an Omega.

6. But I live in a country/continent where I had never, and have never, seen a Doxa worn in public (bar the one at the end of my arm).

7. So logically (and the logic is reinforced by the fact that Doxa only deal online) the internet was the obvious research choice when I was in the market for a 750t.

8. I researched without posting and came across little negativity, and the negativity that I did in fact find had been answered with at best heavily adult-flavoured ‘its just sour grapes’ and at worst low-life spammer/scammer suggestions, all as per the current thread. Pausing here, I can hear you all saying: ‘Negativity??? That rules out WUS’.

9. So I decided to buy new from Doxa and promptly learned the same lesson as the OP here, namely that if you deal with Doxa there is a high chance you will be dealt shit.

10. Now let’s hypothesise: Say, today I am in the market for a T-Graph. Say, also, I do my (of necessity) internet research and find on WUS nothing but glowing acclaim (naturally) and on DWC this current thread. Is it unreasonable of me to conclude (and as I actually did when in the market), that the unfortunate T-Graph owning OP is simply living proof of the maxim ‘cant-please-everyone-everytime’? And having reached that conclusion I deal with Doxa.

11. You can join the rest of the dots for yourselves.

12. Gentlemen, please grasp the fact that it is a probabilistic function of being an internet-based resource that you will have followers and members who rely on the wide experience and vast knowledge of your veteran members. Moreover, and much, much more important, it is the independence and freedom of thought at DWC that makes it so valuable to so many people worldwide, not just regular posting members/contributors. I remind of your own entry page: We are about watch reviews that are uninfluenced by sponsorships and linking people with common interests to other sources of information regarding those interests.

13. The shabby treatment of the OP clearly makes the above a wholly conditional statement and IMHO a cause for even greater complaint than any I have levelled at Doxa.

14. If you really do want to distinguish DWC from WUS then could I respectfully suggest a little more respect for your own stated values, and also for people like the OP. Or to descend to the level I am criticising: take the time to ask a few simple questions before shooting off your big dumb mouth.
TOO many words!
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

LeoM

Post by LeoM » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:13 am

Are you going to get the message???? My post is about DWC NOT NOT NOT f,,,,ing Doxa. It could be ANY ANY brand. Wake up

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:25 am

So a guy goes into a psychiatrist's office. He tells the Doc, "I don't know what is going on, One minute I'm a teepee, the next I'm a wigwam. It's going back and forth and its driving me crazy!!!".
The Psychiatrist replies, "Your problem is you're two tents."

:rimshot:
Greg

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:34 am

You're right....not about the brand. Internet trolls abound. We encourage opinions, but get to know the forum first.

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:39 am

LeoM wrote:Are you going to get the message???? My post is about DWC NOT NOT NOT f,,,,ing Doxa. It could be ANY ANY brand. Wake up
10-4 brotha. :salute:
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:18 am

DoctorC wrote:So a guy goes into a psychiatrist's office. He tells the Doc, "I don't know what is going on, One minute I'm a teepee, the next I'm a wigwam. It's going back and forth and its driving me crazy!!!".
The Psychiatrist replies, "Your problem is you're two tents."

:rimshot:
:lol:
:htfu:

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:23 am

LeoM wrote:Are you going to get the message???? My post is about DWC NOT NOT NOT f,,,,ing Doxa. It could be ANY ANY brand. Wake up
Seriously? That's the way you think you're going to get through to people?

DWC allows people to express how they feel. Not to filter every little thing. I don't think there was all that much ganging up in this thread, but instead a question was raised. This question was never answered. So, the concern raised seems totally validated to me. OP has 1 post. Still. No more. Never bothered coming back.

I'm not sure what your experience was that made you so tense at DWC, but I've found the people here supporting without being cheerleaders. But if you need have have whatever you say validated consistently, this isn't the place. People have varying opinions.

And frankly, I've seen a number of people join lately who brought absolutely nothing to the table. And some join that seem cool, have interesting watches, post about them and enhance the overall DWC experience.

Nobody is forcing anyone to be here. If it's not your cup-of-soup, no worries, plenty of other places on the internet where the watch-cheerleaders hang out. :cheers:

My $0.02.

Bjorn
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:44 am

Mmmm. Cheerleaders.....

unixshrk
This. Truth.
Name: Chris

Post by unixshrk » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:25 pm

demer03 wrote:Mmmm. Cheerleaders.....
Here Mike :) Sometimes it is really nice to be in Dallas.

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:18 pm

"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

doxastilllife
Name: AJ

Post by doxastilllife » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Update on the Doxa T-Graph repair status - nil

After numerous emails to Doxa regarding the status of this repair I am still yet to receive a reply. It is now more than two months since Doxa advised they could repair the watch but should not be used under water.

If I can get the watch back I'll send it to another repairer if one exists. Any recommendations?

Also thanks for the many and interesting responses to my original post. The purpose of which was not to put Doxa down, but just to enlighten those interested in the brand. It was left up to the reader to decide if USD $800 was an appropriate amount.

After all, it is Doxa who market the quote "Wear it for five years, and sell it for more than you paid," as stated in the April 14th, 2008 edition of one of America’s top financial magazines.

Is this actually true???? Anyone want to buy a watch?

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:00 pm

aj send that shit to jack at iww and he will tell you the truth on it.

ssultan
Name: ssultan

Post by ssultan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Sorry for hijacking the thread...not going to post a proper response...but DAMN...that's a )&*&* hot shot of the best Doxa they ever made IMHO... :cheers:
Axelay2003 wrote:In the end, it is your choice if you buy or not.

I have had issues with the paint quality of the hour and minute hands on their Professional and Searambler 1200T which were purchased directly from DOXA. They responded that the quality of the paint is within their tolerance and because the "NEW" hands are thick, the paint cannot be evenly painted onto the sides hence showing irregularities, but I disagreed especially at the price point they were selling them. They gave me a difficult time with the return and refund, but in the end, they refunded everything, less the shipping cost I paid to return both watches, which I was okay with as I didn't want to get stuck with subpar craftmanship.

Did it leave a sour taste in my mouth? YES! But this did not stop me from purchasing another, especially the elusive 600T Searambler. I recently picked up the T-graph below(gently used from DWC member, Dave, aka (DEMO), this past Aug.

One of the reason for this purchase was that this T-Graph was manufactured in 2007. No one had any issues(from researching/posting here and at WUS) with irregular painting on the hands.

This is my only DOXA and am really happy with it. I took a chance and it worked out. As far as servicing issues, I guess I will have to deal with that when that time comes.

If all of us agreed all of the time, this world would just be boring as hell.

doxastilllife
Name: AJ

Post by doxastilllife » Wed May 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Well the T-Graph saga has finally come to an end (I hope). The watch was repaired and returned (looking fabulous btw) after 350 days with Doxa. The watch repairs have been guaranteed including "waterproof as per normal conditions".

For those who commented on the original post, please remember it was intended to increase transparency, so that others can make more informed decisions as to their next purchase. I just presented the facts, and left it up to others to form opinions.

It would be good however to get the official Doxa view on customer service standards

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri May 24, 2013 12:35 pm

doxastilllife wrote:Well the T-Graph saga has finally come to an end (I hope). The watch was repaired and returned (looking fabulous btw) after 350 days with Doxa. The watch repairs have been guaranteed including "waterproof as per normal conditions".

For those who commented on the original post, please remember it was intended to increase transparency, so that others can make more informed decisions as to their next purchase. I just presented the facts, and left it up to others to form opinions.

It would be good however to get the official Doxa view on customer service standards
Since Doxa said at first they could not water proof it I would not trust them. I would have a local watch repair shop pressure tested it should not be more than 20 bucks to have a peice of mind before going in the water with it. Glad you got it back after a very long wait.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri May 24, 2013 12:41 pm

I like ther old stuff better than there new stuff and this one got a none screw down crown and it passed the pressure test the last time it was serviced they just built the original better. And look this one beat up.

kempoman

Post by kempoman » Sat May 25, 2013 5:31 am

River Rat wrote:I like ther old stuff better than there new stuff and this one got a none screw down crown and it passed the pressure test the last time it was serviced they just built the original better. And look this one beat up.
Cool watch! :thumbsup:
Watch collector since 1989

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sat May 25, 2013 5:36 am

Vintage is the way. Real original....not the re-introduced.

Not that I dislike new....just prefer old.

Dedalus
Professor J
Name: Jared

Post by Dedalus » Sun May 26, 2013 3:43 am

Looks like it's time for another Pro, Mike. :thumbsup: