Vintage Doxa aqua-lung sharkhunter repair project

Discussion of Doxa watches.
River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Vintage Doxa aqua-lung sharkhunter repair project

Post by River Rat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:57 am

Well how many of you are ask by your friends can you help me get a watch repaired.I have been asked that a lot.Here is the latest I know you guy's like Doxa and that what it was a early one.A Doxa aqua-lung sharkhunter and my body got it when in high school in the 1970's and it's beat up.The hardest thing is the bezel ring is missing.Soon as I saw this watch I thought a job for Jack.So I got to email him and see if he can work his magic on it and maybe get another bezel ring from doxa and relume and service new gasket's and pressure test.This is the first time I ever seen or touched what I call a original Doxa Diver the case is thicker side ways the crown is none screw down just differnt.Well if I get her done I will post the finish product before I give it back to my friend.

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Re: Vintage Doxa aqua-lung sharthunter repair project

Post by Pasquale » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:04 am

I was so close to getting a mint one a few weeks ago on WUS.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product :cheers:
Pasquale

NSC

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Re: Vintage Doxa aqua-lung sharkhunter repair project

Post by River Rat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:26 am

I just got word from Jack I am shit out of luck with out the bezel the reissue parts would not work.I will have to call my buddy and see if he can locate that bezel ring.

polaco23
Actually chooses to live in Detroit
Name: Dominik

Post by polaco23 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:52 am

good luck with finding a ring for that amazing piece of history. id kill for a vintage Doxa! :shock:

Diaboliq
Strap Maker Extraordinaire
Name: Joe

Post by Diaboliq » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:58 am

There's one SYNCHRON era SUB sharkie in my local ads for sale; I thought of buying it last year but guys over at EOT told me not to -- for that price at least.. The guy wanted around $500 and now the price is up on $630.

Condition is well. terrible.. The hands and crystal at least

http://www.njuskalo.hr/muski-satovi/ruc ... glas-67566

Click:

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:58 am

Diaboliq wrote:There's one SYNCHRON era SUB sharkie in my local ads for sale; I thought of buying it last year but guys over at EOT told me not to -- for that price at least.. The guy wanted around $500 and now the price is up on $630.

Condition is well. terrible.. The hands and crystal at least

http://www.njuskalo.hr/muski-satovi/ruc ... glas-67566

Your right about the price.A vintage Doxa that is only good for parts is worth about 500.00 min or more.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:21 am

I guess this is dead in the water.Just got off the phone with Doxa.The bezel ring of today will not fit.On the vintage bezel there were differnt one's so you look on flea bay or buy one from a shop for a vintage Doxa you buy it.It just mite be the wrong one and not fit.One thing about this I learned a little about vintage Doxa make sure it's all there if you buy one.Don't buy a fixer upper.I hate to give this news to my friend.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:29 am

River Rat wrote:I guess this is dead in the water.Just got off the phone with Doxa.The bezel ring of today will not fit.On the vintage bezel there were differnt one's so you look on flea bay or buy one from a shop for a vintage Doxa you buy it.It just mite be the wrong one and not fit.One thing about this I learned a little about vintage Doxa make sure it's all there if you buy one.Don't buy a fixer upper.I hate to give this news to my friend.

Man that sucks for him Mike. I didn't figure Doxa would have those old parts lying around but at least you got that confirmed. That would be a nice little bit of dive watch history there if it could be restored. Fleabay, unfortunately, might be his only hope to find the parts he needs. Good luck!
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.