Doxa Bracelet question

Discussion of Doxa watches.
Aureliano_Bnd
Name: Aureliano

Doxa Bracelet question

Post by Aureliano_Bnd » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:28 pm

Hello, I’m new to the forum and I’m hoping somebody might have an answer to my question—I tried the Doxa customer service email a few days ago but haven’t heard back—

I own a modern Sub 300T that I bought from the website a couple of months ago and I love it. I have an issue, however, with the bracelet. I’m in between sizes so, with my current setting, if I add a link the watch fits too loose and, if I remove one, I have to open the ratcheting clasp a couple of notches.
When I do this the watch fits perfectly, but the extended clasp digs into my wrist and really irritates it, it’s just uncomfortable.
I’d like to buy the bracelet that comes with the Sub 300 model and has the regular folding clasp with micro adjustments. Both watches have the same case width, and both bracelets measure 20mm. The end links look to be the same as well.
Do you guys know if this bracelet will fit my Sub 300T? I’d like to know for sure before I buy it.
Thanks so much,
—A.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Re: Doxa Bracelet question

Post by Ryeguy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:19 am

If the bracelets are the same, why not just buy the clasp only? It ought to save you quite a bit of money over buying the entire bracelet.

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:21 am

Head thicknesses are different, so doubtful on the end links. I suppose you could use it with your current end links. I didn’t think they offered a fold over any longer.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

Aureliano_Bnd

Post by Aureliano_Bnd » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:38 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:19 am
If the bracelets are the same, why not just buy the clasp only? It ought to save you quite a bit of money over buying the entire bracelet.
In my email I asked about purchasing the clasp only—still no answer. :shrug:

Aureliano_Bnd

Post by Aureliano_Bnd » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:41 am

demer03 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:21 am
Head thicknesses are different, so doubtful on the end links. I suppose you could use it with your current end links. I didn’t think they offered a fold over any longer.
I see, didn’t think about that aspect of the case measurements. But using my current end links would definitely solve the problem assuming they’d fit in the Sub 300 bracelet. Thank you for the suggestion!

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:01 am

If Doxa no longer sells the more traditional flip lock clasp with micro adjustments, you could probably source a generic version from any number of on-line vendors. Strapcode is one option off the top of my head. I think they run about $25 - $45, so not too expensive.

Just measure the width of the bracelet at the clasp so you order the right size.

Aureliano_Bnd

Post by Aureliano_Bnd » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:05 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:01 am
If Doxa no longer sells the more traditional flip lock clasp with micro adjustments, you could probably source a generic version from any number of on-line vendors. Strapcode is one option off the top of my head. I think they run about $25 - $45, so not too expensive.

Just measure the width of the bracelet at the clasp so you order the right size.
That would be my last resort. I tend to like to wear my watches with their original components as much as possible. But if the bracelet I’d like to buy or the OEM folding clasp are not viable options, after market will be the move.

kfalk
Old Chub
Name: Kelly

Post by kfalk » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:36 am

Ahahaha

Hope Ben hasn’t already clicked on that.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:25 am

Looks like they have one available with micro adjustments. https://doxawatches.com/collections/bra ... 8304121965