Poseidon

Discussion of Doxa watches.
User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9847
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Poseidon

Post by logan2z » Sat May 26, 2018 7:12 am

Looks great. The price of vintage Doxas has gotten out of control so it's nice that they've been reissuing some of the classics.

User avatar
bedlam
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:16 pm
Name: Carl
Location: Fremantle, Western Australia (GMT +8)

Re: Poseidon

Post by bedlam » Sat May 26, 2018 7:20 am

Seppia wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 6:42 am
bedlam wrote:How does the deco bezel work?
Outer numbers are depth of the dice in meters.
They align to the corresponding max dive time
They are set for Navy tables which are outside Padi limits, so you would incur deco requirements on your computer if you used that bezel.

Kinda defeats the purpose unless it rotates and can be adjusted for recreational NDL's?

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 4467
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Italia

Re: Poseidon

Post by Seppia » Sat May 26, 2018 7:38 am

Yup I know that bezel gives much longer bottom time than the PADI tables.
I think they are staying true to tradition, I don’t think many people will be using that watch for actual diving.

Still, I agree it’s a shame it’s unusable.
Would be great if it could be “adjusted”

User avatar
spring-diver
Posts: 807
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:29 am
Name: Shannon

Re: Poseidon

Post by spring-diver » Sat May 26, 2018 8:13 am

Congrats gentlemen :cheers:

Love that yellow dial :thumbsup:

:cheers:
Shannon
Seiko: SBDB001, SBDX001, SBDX011, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI

Sinn: EZM9, T1, T1B, U1 Pro

Want more Sinn’s :headbang: 836, UX S, EZM7 S

watchmavan
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:59 pm

Re: Poseidon

Post by watchmavan » Sat May 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Seppia wrote:Yup I know that bezel gives much longer bottom time than the PADI tables.
I think they are staying true to tradition, I don’t think many people will be using that watch for actual diving.

Still, I agree it’s a shame it’s unusable.
Would be great if it could be “adjusted”
Given that it's a re-issue and according to Doxa a fairly exact one, that would defeat the purpose. It's also a Doxa innovation to diving watches that is patented.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User avatar
3migo
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:17 pm
Name: Russell
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Poseidon

Post by 3migo » Sat May 26, 2018 10:26 pm

Loving mine so far ImageImageImage
http://www.gearzeit.com/ <-- Where I ramble and post reviews on watches & other gear.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 24175
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Poseidon

Post by BBK357 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:11 am



Can someone who has owned both this one and the last years release anniversary 300 talk about the size difference ?

I love this one but stayed away due to the fact I thought the dial would be too small.

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
dukerules
Posts: 13923
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Poseidon

Post by dukerules » Sun May 27, 2018 3:54 am

Ben, I don't own the Poseidon, but it's the same size as the 1200T, which I own along with an anniversary 300 SR. The dial on this one isn't huge, but it's noticeably larger than the 300 dial.

User avatar
r.palace
Posts: 6537
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:36 pm
Location: Tray-O-Five

Re: Poseidon

Post by r.palace » Sun May 27, 2018 4:34 am

BBK357 wrote:Can someone who has owned both this one and the last years release anniversary 300 talk about the size difference ?

I love this one but stayed away due to the fact I thought the dial would be too small.

ImageImageImage

From WUS
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

watchmavan
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:59 pm

Re: Poseidon

Post by watchmavan » Sun May 27, 2018 4:48 am

r.palace wrote:
BBK357 wrote:Can someone who has owned both this one and the last years release anniversary 300 talk about the size difference ?

I love this one but stayed away due to the fact I thought the dial would be too small.

ImageImageImage

From WUS
Would you mind showing a profile pic to see case thickness.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User avatar
r.palace
Posts: 6537
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:36 pm
Location: Tray-O-Five

Re: Poseidon

Post by r.palace » Sun May 27, 2018 5:39 am

watchmavan wrote:
r.palace wrote:
BBK357 wrote:Can someone who has owned both this one and the last years release anniversary 300 talk about the size difference ?

I love this one but stayed away due to the fact I thought the dial would be too small.

ImageImageImage

From WUS
Would you mind showing a profile pic to see case thickness.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Image
Image
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

peterrizzo
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:08 pm
Name: peter rizzo

Re: Poseidon

Post by peterrizzo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:02 pm

unnamed-9.jpg
i had mine bead blasted, i'm trying to figure out how to post a picture here,
let's see....also, the lume on mine sucked so badly, stopped glowing after 2
hours, i'm surprised to see another one glowing so brightly, i wonder if they
forgot to add lume to the printed dial? so i sent mine to everest watchworks
and had it re-lumed, it's great now....


Image[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

peterrizzo
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:08 pm
Name: peter rizzo

Re: Poseidon

Post by peterrizzo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:13 pm

unnamed-9.jpg
i had mine bead blasted, i'm trying to figure out how to post a picture here,
let's see....also, the lume on mine sucked so badly, stopped glowing after 2
hours, i'm surprised to see another one glowing so brightly, i wonder if they
forgot to add lume to the printed dial? so i sent mine to everest watchworks
and had it re-lumed, it's great now....


Image[/img]

User avatar
HapaHapa
Posts: 7150
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

Re: Poseidon

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:51 pm

peterrizzo wrote:
unnamed-9.jpg
i had mine bead blasted, i'm trying to figure out how to post a picture here,
let's see....also, the lume on mine sucked so badly, stopped glowing after 2
hours, i'm surprised to see another one glowing so brightly, i wonder if they
forgot to add lume to the printed dial? so i sent mine to everest watchworks
and had it re-lumed, it's great now....


Image[/img]
Looks great
The Hapa

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests