Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Discussion of Doxa watches.
Post Reply
Sweethome7374
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:42 am
Name: Trey

Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by Sweethome7374 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 pm

A question for my first post...

So, in searching for spares I contacted Doxa to purchase 2 bar assemblies. I was informed that they do not sell spare parts and should I need the bars to be replaced it would need to be done at the service center. With that being said does anyone have a line on where to purchase screw lug bars aftermarket?

I appreciate the help. I love the watch but I am struggling with the customer service.

Trey

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 40353
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by toxicavenger » Tue May 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Trey I think you might be SOL. You can try MacMasters and see if you can find one that fits. https://www.mcmaster.com/

Sweethome7374
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:42 am
Name: Trey

Re: Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by Sweethome7374 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Thanks. I’m going to pull one and try to get the dimensions to see if I can find a comparable piece. I will post what I find. What are people doing if they lose or damage one of the bars when changing bands?

Sweethome7374
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:42 am
Name: Trey

Re: Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by Sweethome7374 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:29 pm

Toxic,

Does anyone from Doxa cruise these forums? Are they active here? Does anyone have a POC at Doxa?

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 40353
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by toxicavenger » Tue May 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Sweethome7374 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:29 pm
Toxic,

Does anyone from Doxa cruise these forums? Are they active here? Does anyone have a POC at Doxa?
Doxa doesnt' cruise the forums except for the one they own on watchuseek.

There was one guy at Doxa who use to help out is no longer around as far as I know. But this isnt' unusual for them honestly.

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9264
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by logan2z » Tue May 15, 2018 8:36 pm

Doxa's policy must have changed because I purchased a set of lug bars for the 800Ti from them a couple of years ago.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 29647
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by hoppyjr » Tue May 15, 2018 9:05 pm

I’d keep trying with Doxa. They need to be smart with stuff like this.

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30087
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by CGSshorty » Tue May 15, 2018 9:10 pm

Check in the Diver’s Watches group on Facebook. I think Doxa is active there.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 40353
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by toxicavenger » Wed May 16, 2018 8:12 am

logan2z wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:36 pm
Doxa's policy must have changed because I purchased a set of lug bars for the 800Ti from them a couple of years ago.
I think it took Mike 3 years to get the screw bars for his long gone 800ti. :mrgreen:

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 29647
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by hoppyjr » Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 am

toxicavenger wrote:
logan2z wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:36 pm
Doxa's policy must have changed because I purchased a set of lug bars for the 800Ti from them a couple of years ago.
I think it took Mike 3 years to get the screw bars for his long gone 800ti. :mrgreen:

That’s ridiculous. They should have spares on hand. If not, they should be able to email their supplier in Hong Kong and have them within 30 days max.

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9264
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by logan2z » Wed May 16, 2018 8:48 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:12 am
logan2z wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:36 pm
Doxa's policy must have changed because I purchased a set of lug bars for the 800Ti from them a couple of years ago.
I think it took Mike 3 years to get the screw bars for his long gone 800ti. :mrgreen:
He never got them. I ordered them on a lark to see if they'd actually show up, and they did, but he'd already sold the watch. I sold them to a guy on WUS who also had trouble getting a set from Doxa.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 40353
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by toxicavenger » Wed May 16, 2018 8:53 am

logan2z wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:48 am
toxicavenger wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:12 am
logan2z wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:36 pm
Doxa's policy must have changed because I purchased a set of lug bars for the 800Ti from them a couple of years ago.
I think it took Mike 3 years to get the screw bars for his long gone 800ti. :mrgreen:
He never got them. I ordered them on a lark to see if they'd actually show up, and they did, but he'd already sold the watch. I sold them to a guy on WUS who also had trouble getting a set from Doxa.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

ChuckW
Posts: 948
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Name: Chuck

Re: Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by ChuckW » Wed May 16, 2018 2:31 pm

In years past, I was able to buy extra screw bars from microbrands like Zenton and Zixen. Disappointing to hear that it's be so difficult to get an item like that from a higher end brand like Doxa.
Image

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 40353
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Doxa 1500 T II screw lug bars

Post by toxicavenger » Wed May 16, 2018 8:04 pm

ChuckW wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:31 pm
In years past, I was able to buy extra screw bars from microbrands like Zenton and Zixen. Disappointing to hear that it's be so difficult to get an item like that from a higher end brand like Doxa.
They have flown by the seat of their pants for all these years. :mrgreen:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests