Air King = Milgauss Case?

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
namor
Name: Seth

Post by namor » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:08 am

I read on the internet (so it must be true) that the 116900 Air King shares the exact same case as the Milgauss, with only the dial being the difference between the two.

Does anyone know if this is correct?
www.usmcscoutsniper.org - Life Member
“Qualified to deport with denizens of the deep, mermaids, and other inhabitants of the realm of Neptune.”

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:16 am

Yes. My AD told me that when the AirKing was introduced. He said it’s kind of the sleeper in the lineup, if you can get past the ugly dial. I can’t.

It’s ok to say that now that Terry’s is sold, right?

Selym
Name: Myles

Re: Air King = Milgauss Case?

Post by Selym » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:31 am

I just learned of this recently from viewing Terry's FS post. In one of his pics, you can see the inner magnetic shield. It's almost like an additional case-back behind the regular case-back. The dial is probably made of a special ferrous material to act as a shield on the other side.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:35 am

The only difference is the dial and hands

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:52 am

Concur with what's been said. As far as I can tell, it's the same case, movement, and even anti-magnetic shield. The only real differences are the dial and hands, the fact that the Milgauss case and bracelet feature more polishing, and the green tinted crystal that comes with the Milgauss.

Oh, and the price. The AK retails at $6,200. The Milgauss retails at $8,200. IMHO, $2,000 is an awful lot to pay for a lightning bolt seconds hand and a green crystal, but Rolex is Rolex. :shrug: