r.palace

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by r.palace » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:10 am

andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 pm
BacoNoir wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:14 pm
Who the fuck sends a watch with full warranty in for warranty service with an aftermarket bracelet?
It was not an aftermarket bracelet, it was a non-riveted Tudor bracelet. But it do not come on this model of Tudor.
His AD should have to reimburse him for the cost of the OEM Tudor bracelet that they did not return. They took possession of the watch and, presumably, inspected it prior to sending to RSC. It isn't like he sent a replica part to RSC, it was an actual Tudor made part, just on a different watch. It it was sent in with a leather strap, would they have kept that too or would the AD have taken it off? They would have taken it off...the AD is at fault, period, and owes the guy. If that were me, I would sue the AD and I am not a litigious guy.
^^^
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:15 am

r.palace wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:10 am
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Who the fuck sends a watch with full warranty in for warranty service with an aftermarket bracelet?
It was not an aftermarket bracelet, it was a non-riveted Tudor bracelet. But it do not come on this model of Tudor.
His AD should have to reimburse him for the cost of the OEM Tudor bracelet that they did not return. They took possession of the watch and, presumably, inspected it prior to sending to RSC. It isn't like he sent a replica part to RSC, it was an actual Tudor made part, just on a different watch. It it was sent in with a leather strap, would they have kept that too or would the AD have taken it off? They would have taken it off...the AD is at fault, period, and owes the guy. If that were me, I would sue the AD and I am not a litigious guy.
^^^
I agree with the main point, but RSCs don't care about aftermarket leather straps. Tons have gone in and come out. They DO care about loose parts getting swapped around. This guy's situation is no different than sending in a Sub with a green bezel insert.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:34 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:55 am
logan2z wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:44 pm
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:06 pm
I’m not sure if they still do, but they did allow dial changes if the desired configuration was a compatible model for the one you sent in (swapping black dial Daytona to white dial) bit they kept the dial that was removed because they didn’t want Rolex parts floating around.
Just out of curiosity, do they charge you for the new dial or do they do an even swap?
They charge and the price doesn’t depend on the dial you turn in. So a diamond dial daydate to a plain dial change costs you a $2000 diamond dial, the $700 for the new dial, AND the cost of a service. I’m sure the diamond dial gets sold out the back door by some worker.
Stating the obvious, but that sounds like theft to me. The buyer paid for and therefore owns the original dial.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:46 am

logan2z wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:34 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
logan2z wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
I’m not sure if they still do, but they did allow dial changes if the desired configuration was a compatible model for the one you sent in (swapping black dial Daytona to white dial) bit they kept the dial that was removed because they didn’t want Rolex parts floating around.
Just out of curiosity, do they charge you for the new dial or do they do an even swap?
They charge and the price doesn’t depend on the dial you turn in. So a diamond dial daydate to a plain dial change costs you a $2000 diamond dial, the $700 for the new dial, AND the cost of a service. I’m sure the diamond dial gets sold out the back door by some worker.
Stating the obvious, but that sounds like theft to me. The buyer paid for and therefore owns the original dial.
It seems like an excessive form of a "core charge" like you have with auto parts. It used to be that Rolex had two prices - when you turn in a part, and when you don't. It seems like they've slowly gone away from that for major components (dials, cases, movements, and bracelets sometimes). It totally sucks, but I'm sure the fakers getting the parts is the justification.

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:59 am

andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Yup.

Even aftermarket they need to return, it's his property. Only if fake would they be entitled to not return imo.

He should go to the police to report the theft.
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 am

I would have never paid for the service and bracelet.
I would have had them return it and send it in head only to another service center or sold it as is under warranty and have them send it in and cut my losses. Either way I would have been done with a brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:13 am

jeckyll wrote:
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Yup.

Even aftermarket they need to return, it's his property. Only if fake would they be entitled to not return imo.

It’s not a police matter. The customer would be better served by complaining and being the “squeaky wheel”. Rolex and/or the AD would prefer to handle this rather than receive the negative publicity.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:22 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:46 am
logan2z wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:34 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
logan2z wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
It totally sucks, but I'm sure the fakers getting the parts is the justification.
That's Rolex's problem not the watch owner's.

I honestly don't understand why Rolex owners let the company get away with this nonsense.

jeckyll

Post by jeckyll » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:28 am

hoppyjr wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Yup.

It’s not a police matter. The customer would be better served by complaining and being the “squeaky wheel”. Rolex and/or the AD would prefer to handle this rather than receive the negative publicity.
It's theft though.

Imagine going to the Subaru dealer for warranty.
You swapped wheels with your lesbian neighbours, who of course drive a Subaru. Wheels are a different model, but same size and offset.
The dealer TAKES YOUR WHEELS! And charges you for new ones...

I think that's a pretty close analogy...

Anyway, Rolex sucks, moving on Image
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:32 am

jeckyll wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:28 am
hoppyjr wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Yup.

It's theft though.

You swapped wheels with your lesbian neighbours, who of course drive a Subaru. Wheels are a different model, but same size and offset.

I know someone who had a transmission failure warrantied on a Subaru STi and they required the guy to buy a new ECU because his had been altered.

I'd be interested to know if Omega would service the franken white dial PO that got passed around here.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:03 am

jeckyll wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Yup.

It's theft though.

It’s not theft from a police standpoint, regardless of scenario. This is a civil matter. Sure, they are liable but not criminally. Police don’t get involved in civil matters, that is what courts and “small claims” are for.

Pretty much all my neighbors are lesbians and drive Subaru’s, it’s Seattle after all. I sold mine and drive a Jeep now, but I’m still a lesbian.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:05 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:28 am
hoppyjr wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Yup.

It's theft though.

I know someone who had a transmission failure warrantied on a Subaru STi and they required the guy to buy a new ECU because his had been altered.

I'd be interested to know if Omega would service the franken white dial PO that got passed around here.
I believe Omega would, as they are more forgiving.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:33 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:46 am
It seems like an excessive form of a "core charge" like you have with auto parts. It used to be that Rolex had two prices - when you turn in a part, and when you don't. It seems like they've slowly gone away from that for major components (dials, cases, movements, and bracelets sometimes). It totally sucks, but I'm sure the fakers getting the parts is the justification.
On newer watches yo have to give them to old parts and then they will sell you the replacement parts for the watch. Yao does the same thing :mrgreen:

jeckyll

Post by jeckyll » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:49 am

hoppyjr wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Yup.

It's theft though.

It’s not theft from a police standpoint, regardless of scenario. This is a civil matter. Sure, they are liable but not criminally. Police don’t get involved in civil matters, that is what courts and “small claims” are for.

Pretty much all my neighbors are lesbians and drive Subaru’s, it’s Seattle after all. I sold mine and drive a Jeep now, but I’m still a lesbian.
Fair enough.

Sorry to hear about your going back into the closet and selling your Subaru Image

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:51 am

jeckyll wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Yup.

It's theft though.

Fair enough.

Sorry to hear about your going back into the closet and selling your Subaru Image
Not to worry, I’m still fabulous! Image

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:32 am

I’d like to see a micro company do this and get away with it.

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:35 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:32 am
I’d like to see a micro company do this and get away with it.

I don’t think most micros would last the week after a stunt like this. What I fail to understand in this day and age of the internet is how the majority of the watch market can sell a drastically high priced piece of equipment based on old technology and turn around and in the rare chance something goes wrong absolutely forget that even though they earned the customer in the first place, it’s no guarantee that they keep them as a customer.

Hell you’d think they’d bend over backwards for the customer. The customer has paid premium money for a premium product, the service should match.

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:36 pm

Good grief...

Civic4982

Post by Civic4982 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:49 pm

Wow that’s extra awful.

I’m blessed to have my own personal watchmaker who works at his own pace and cares for my watches better than I do myself.

That RSC story is terrible.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:21 pm

Nesbit's and LAWW or bust :)

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:53 pm

andrema wrote:Nesbit's and LAWW or bust :)
Yup
:htfu:

1954Selmer
Name: RC

Post by 1954Selmer » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:11 pm

Robert Cray