Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 7632
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by 59yukon01 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:18 am

We changed the slightly worn tires on your car because that's not the ones that came with it originally. That will be $1000, and we're keeping the others just because we can.

You come back two weeks.......we fuck you more.

User avatar
YOHOHO
Dirty Closet Hinderer Whore
Posts: 2299
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:14 pm
Name: Josh
Location: SoCal

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by YOHOHO » Fri May 31, 2019 11:31 am

Wow. I'm petty, but my goal in life would be to cost my AD business if he didn't try to make this right.

User avatar
tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Posts: 4834
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm
Name: Don

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by tattoo chef » Fri May 31, 2019 2:32 pm

All I take away from this thread is the title. Every time I try to say “cray cray” my girl looks at me and says, please stop, you can not pull that off.

Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 25028
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by BBK357 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:59 pm

I was actually going to comment on the gay thread title until I saw terry started it. Then it all made sense.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 44073
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 31, 2019 3:10 pm

logan2z wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:04 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:44 am
BBK357 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:43 am
so what happens to it? Evidence lock up like the police do?
No. It gets sold on the forums at some price above whatever Rolex charges.
:grin:
DSW :mrgreen:

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 44073
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 31, 2019 3:10 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:59 pm
I was actually going to comment on the gay thread title until I saw terry started it. Then it all made sense.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you said I looked pretty in that skirt!!! :gayumbrella:

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16094
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri May 31, 2019 3:13 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:10 pm
BBK357 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:59 pm
I was actually going to comment on the gay thread title until I saw terry started it. Then it all made sense.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you said I looked pretty in that skirt!!! :gayumbrella:
He tells that to all the trannies.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 44073
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 31, 2019 3:18 pm

no two ways about it is a fucked up story. rolex is being dics about it.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16094
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri May 31, 2019 3:34 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:18 pm
no two ways about it is a fucked up story. rolex is being dics about it.
For sure, but this guy doesn’t seem too savvy - which is fine since we’ve all been there. However, I think the outcome could have been rather different had he been a little smarter about it, which is damning of his AD.

User avatar
Ryeguy
Posts: 3445
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Rye

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by Ryeguy » Fri May 31, 2019 6:33 pm

This is what I don’t understand... you would think a guy with full warranty paperwork would be treated with kid gloves by Rolex. Whose to say he didn’t purchase multiple Rolex watches and just swap the bracelets?

What Rolex seems to not understand is there needs to be both a carrot and a stick. The carrot is outstanding service to proven owners. The stick is what this guy got.

FWIW, I’ve had to use Seiko Services in NJ a couple times with my wife’s watch’s (she is incredibly hard on watches which is why she wears my Ares) with satisfactory results. The repair was done on time and pricing was fair.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 44073
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 31, 2019 8:20 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:34 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:18 pm
no two ways about it is a fucked up story. rolex is being dics about it.
For sure, but this guy doesn’t seem too savvy - which is fine since we’ve all been there. However, I think the outcome could have been rather different had he been a little smarter about it, which is damning of his AD.
But we do have to agree you shouldn't have to be "savvy" or know all of Rolex's policies to just get his watch service under warranty, right? :shrug:

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16094
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri May 31, 2019 9:00 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:20 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:34 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:18 pm
no two ways about it is a fucked up story. rolex is being dics about it.
For sure, but this guy doesn’t seem too savvy - which is fine since we’ve all been there. However, I think the outcome could have been rather different had he been a little smarter about it, which is damning of his AD.
But we do have to agree you shouldn't have to be "savvy" or know all of Rolex's policies to just get his watch service under warranty, right? :shrug:
No, his AD should have taken care of it. :thumbsup:

He should have just had it returned, unfixed.

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 2773
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by BacoNoir » Fri May 31, 2019 9:14 pm

Who the fuck sends a watch with full warranty in for warranty service with an aftermarket bracelet?

Sounds like he bought a used watch and didn’t know it was on the wrong bracelet. He wouldn’t have paid for an OEM replacement if he had one.

But Tudor not servicing it under warranty because of the bracelet if F-ed up. Sure, maybe they could confiscate the bracelet, but not honoring the movement warranty is just wrong.
Image

User avatar
Captdave
Posts: 3603
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:15 pm
Name: Dave
Location: To be determined

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by Captdave » Fri May 31, 2019 9:24 pm

BacoNoir wrote:Who the fuck sends a watch with full warranty in for warranty service with an aftermarket bracelet?

Sounds like he bought a used watch and didn’t know it was on the wrong bracelet. He wouldn’t have paid for an OEM replacement if he had one.

But Tudor not servicing it under warranty because of the bracelet if F-ed up. Sure, maybe they could confiscate the bracelet, but not honoring the movement warranty is just wrong.
They should just honor the warranty on the watch period. He wasn’t sending the bracelet in for warranty work. Once I’ve paid for the watch and presumably the bracelet they’re mine to do with as I see fit. Just imagine if changing the wheels on your car voided your warranty. This kind of business practices and customer service guarantees I won’t own another Rolex.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 44073
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:14 pm
Who the fuck sends a watch with full warranty in for warranty service with an aftermarket bracelet?
It was not an aftermarket bracelet, it was a non-riveted Tudor bracelet. But it do not come on this model of Tudor.

User avatar
pbj204
Posts: 1696
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 am
Name: Paul
Location: New York

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by pbj204 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:01 am

I hope Matt never has to send in his matte bezel mod. I bet they'd ask him to replace the entire case.

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 10729
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by logan2z » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:12 am

pbj204 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:01 am
I hope Matt never has to send in his matte bezel mod. I bet they'd ask him to replace the entire case.
I'm sure they'd give him the option of returning the watch without servicing it - of course they'd keep the case ;)

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 2773
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:43 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 pm
BacoNoir wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:14 pm
Who the fuck sends a watch with full warranty in for warranty service with an aftermarket bracelet?
It was not an aftermarket bracelet, it was a non-riveted Tudor bracelet. But it do not come on this model of Tudor.
Understood. Missed that initially.
Captdave wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:24 pm
BacoNoir wrote:Who the fuck sends a watch with full warranty in for warranty service with an aftermarket bracelet?

Sounds like he bought a used watch and didn’t know it was on the wrong bracelet. He wouldn’t have paid for an OEM replacement if he had one.

But Tudor not servicing it under warranty because of the bracelet if F-ed up. Sure, maybe they could confiscate the bracelet, but not honoring the movement warranty is just wrong.
They should just honor the warranty on the watch period. He wasn’t sending the bracelet in for warranty work. Once I’ve paid for the watch and presumably the bracelet they’re mine to do with as I see fit. Just imagine if changing the wheels on your car voided your warranty. This kind of business practices and customer service guarantees I won’t own another Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agree. I'd be pissed about that. It's warranty work - no if's and or buts. :scream:
Image

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 28264
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by matt.wu » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:13 pm

logan2z wrote:
pbj204 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:01 am
I hope Matt never has to send in his matte bezel mod. I bet they'd ask him to replace the entire case.
I'm sure they'd give him the option of returning the watch without servicing it - of course they'd keep the case ;)
No way! I'm sure I'll get VIP treatment!

(I initially wanted to do the mod to a BNIB watch, but sobered up quickly enough to opt for a naked watch instead)

This watch will definitely never see an RSC for service...
:htfu:

User avatar
blkgsl
Herro!!!
Posts: 3341
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:30 am
Name: blkgsl

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by blkgsl » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:37 am

There is blood on all hands. But mostly on the AD’s.

User avatar
MDF
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:45 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Chicago Burbs

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by MDF » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:56 pm

So if you sent in a Rolex with Wu's cyclops mod would they make you replace the crystal? This stuff is crazy I mean you bought the high priced watch already you should be able to do whatever you want - it's yours.
Regards,

Mark

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 32945
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:06 pm

MDF wrote:So if you sent in a Rolex with Wu's cyclops mod would they make you replace the crystal? This stuff is crazy I mean you bought the high priced watch already you should be able to do whatever you want - it's yours.
Yes. Rolex will only return the watch in its original configuration. I’m not sure if they still do, but they did allow dial changes if the desired configuration was a compatible model for the one you sent in (swapping black dial Daytona to white dial) bit they kept the dial that was removed because they didn’t want Rolex parts floating around.

The only other exception I’m aware of is that you can request they do not polish.

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 10729
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by logan2z » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:44 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:06 pm
I’m not sure if they still do, but they did allow dial changes if the desired configuration was a compatible model for the one you sent in (swapping black dial Daytona to white dial) bit they kept the dial that was removed because they didn’t want Rolex parts floating around.
Just out of curiosity, do they charge you for the new dial or do they do an even swap?

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16094
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:55 am

logan2z wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:44 pm
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:06 pm
I’m not sure if they still do, but they did allow dial changes if the desired configuration was a compatible model for the one you sent in (swapping black dial Daytona to white dial) bit they kept the dial that was removed because they didn’t want Rolex parts floating around.
Just out of curiosity, do they charge you for the new dial or do they do an even swap?
They charge and the price doesn’t depend on the dial you turn in. So a diamond dial daydate to a plain dial change costs you a $2000 diamond dial, the $700 for the new dial, AND the cost of a service. I’m sure the diamond dial gets sold out the back door by some worker.

To Hoppy’s point - no more swaps on sports models. DJ and DD only as far as I know.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 44073
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:10 am

just an update this guy got his watch back after he paid the cost. Rolex kept the bracelet.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests