A visit to an AD in AD

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

A visit to an AD in AD

Post by Henryj » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:26 pm

So, I took the blonde out for a retail day at Yas Mall in Abu Dhabi. She went off to look at God knows what, and I cruised over to the Rolex/Tudor shop. I didn’t look at Rolex, so I can’t say whether the shortages/price gouging you guys are talking about in the US is going on here as well. On the Tudor side of the shop, however, it’s a different story. The GMT is still not in stock, with a hefty wait list, but the 58 is available along with the rest of the line up. Pelagoseseses, all the other Black Bay flavors, and so on. To my surprise, I was offered 15% off MSRP for pretty much any Pelagos or B.B. in the shop, including the steel date B.B.

I have to admit I was very tempted. It was my first real look at the rivet bracelet and I didn’t hate it. But, I’ve been married for a loooong time, and I know how that conversation goes.

“What’s in the bag?”

“Nothing.”

“Let me see.”

We all know how that goes, it depends on who has which speaking role.

To recap - 15% off, rivet bracelet is ok in real life, I have no balls.
“Punishable by fine” = Legal for a price.”

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Re: A visit to an AD in AD

Post by jimyritz » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:58 am

15% is pretty good- too bad you couldn't get the 58...Know the feeling though of, "what's in the bag"..

dukerules

Re: A visit to an AD in AD

Post by dukerules » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:37 am

The 58 at 15% off from an AD would be awfully tempting for me, Henry. Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as you, with the wife becoming increasingly aware of my watch purchases, so I'm going to lay low for awhile.