New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:45 am

ericf4 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:43 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:22 am
Congrats, I love this watch. The DJ41’s do wear smaller than you would think.
They're actually 39.5mm.
???? They're not 41?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No. Some tards had a huge thread about it on TRF.

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5482
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by Chocodove » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:47 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:43 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:22 am
Congrats, I love this watch. The DJ41’s do wear smaller than you would think.
They're actually 39.5mm.
???? They're not 41?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No. Some tards had a huge thread about it on TRF.
They were so upset about it.
- Todd

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:52 am

Chocodove wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:47 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:43 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:22 am
Congrats, I love this watch. The DJ41’s do wear smaller than you would think.
They're actually 39.5mm.
???? They're not 41?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No. Some tards had a huge thread about it on TRF.
They were so upset about it.
They wanted to sue Rolex. It was great.

It's actually smart of Rolex. People don't really want a 41mm DJ because everyone hated the fugly 41mm dj2. So they made a nicer and proportionate update in a better size and made everyone think it had "more wrist presence".

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14568
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by Panerai7 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am

I thought I tried one on at the store, it felt like it was 41-42 but it had larger markers if I recall?

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am
I thought I tried one on at the store, it felt like it was 41-42 but it had larger markers if I recall?
I'm pretty sure large marker = DJ2 = true 41mm.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14568
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by Panerai7 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am
I thought I tried one on at the store, it felt like it was 41-42 but it had larger markers if I recall?
I'm pretty sure large marker = DJ2 = true 41mm.
So that's discontinued now? That was quick

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:57 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am
I thought I tried one on at the store, it felt like it was 41-42 but it had larger markers if I recall?
I'm pretty sure large marker = DJ2 = true 41mm.
So that's discontinued now? That was quick
Yeah. It was a failure. They are around though. I'm sure deals to be had.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14568
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by Panerai7 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:58 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:57 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am
I thought I tried one on at the store, it felt like it was 41-42 but it had larger markers if I recall?
I'm pretty sure large marker = DJ2 = true 41mm.
So that's discontinued now? That was quick
Yeah. It was a failure. They are around though. I'm sure deals to be had.
Why? Size or markers size?

User avatar
Captdave
Posts: 2867
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:15 pm
Name: Dave
Location: To be determined

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by Captdave » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:59 am

That’s a great watch and it looks perfect on you. Congrats


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14454
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by ericf4 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:59 am

Mine also has their brand new movement I'm not sure if that older datejust II had that or not

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:00 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:58 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:57 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am
I thought I tried one on at the store, it felt like it was 41-42 but it had larger markers if I recall?
I'm pretty sure large marker = DJ2 = true 41mm.
So that's discontinued now? That was quick
Yeah. It was a failure. They are around though. I'm sure deals to be had.
Why? Size or markers size?
The proportions were funky. The usual Rolex too small dial, with all the size increase pushed to the bezel width.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:03 am

ericf4 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:59 am
Mine also has their brand new movement I'm not sure if that older datejust II had that or not

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Watch the date change on yours. Some of the new movements have had a problem snapping over properly.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14568
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by Panerai7 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:05 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:00 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:58 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:57 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am
I thought I tried one on at the store, it felt like it was 41-42 but it had larger markers if I recall?
I'm pretty sure large marker = DJ2 = true 41mm.
So that's discontinued now? That was quick
Yeah. It was a failure. They are around though. I'm sure deals to be had.
Why? Size or markers size?
The proportions were funky. The usual Rolex too small dial, with all the size increase pushed to the bezel width.
Gotcha. I think Rolex needs to utilize polar explorer 2 midcase in more models

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:06 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:05 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:00 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:58 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:57 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am
I thought I tried one on at the store, it felt like it was 41-42 but it had larger markers if I recall?
I'm pretty sure large marker = DJ2 = true 41mm.
So that's discontinued now? That was quick
Yeah. It was a failure. They are around though. I'm sure deals to be had.
Why? Size or markers size?
The proportions were funky. The usual Rolex too small dial, with all the size increase pushed to the bezel width.
Gotcha. I think Rolex needs to utilize polar explorer 2 midcase in more models
A sub XL on that mid case would be a huge success.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14568
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by Panerai7 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:09 am

Agreed, SubcND in that midcase would be a dream for me

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14454
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by ericf4 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:19 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:59 am
Mine also has their brand new movement I'm not sure if that older datejust II had that or not

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Watch the date change on yours. Some of the new movements have had a problem snapping over properly.
Not this one I set the time and worked properly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:32 pm

Great looking DJ. I’m eyeing the DD version with the same blue dial, although it’ll be a while before I could afford one.
Image

User avatar
mikeylacroix
Posts: 3681
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:00 am
Name: Mike

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by mikeylacroix » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Dig it. Great pickup.
Either jubilee+smooth or fluted+oyster

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14454
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by ericf4 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:21 pm

mikeylacroix wrote:Dig it. Great pickup.
Either jubilee+smooth or fluted+oyster
Yeah totally agree.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


User avatar
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Posts: 14232
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm
Name: Dave
Location: Canada

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by JDC222 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Super nice Eric, congrats man....a great way to end 2017!!
Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody that you meet.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14454
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by ericf4 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:06 pm

JDC222 wrote:Super nice Eric, congrats man....a great way to end 2017!!
Thank you. I agree it's a great capper!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


User avatar
fastward
Fast Eddie
Posts: 11234
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by fastward » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:53 am




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Axelay2003
Posts: 5190
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 am
Name: Gerard
Location: City of Oranges, FL

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by Axelay2003 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:57 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:42 am
That looks really nice. I would have probably gone fluted bezel, but there's really no wrong choice.
Especially if you want to accentuate the “old man” look.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.
ImageImage

User avatar
Axelay2003
Posts: 5190
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 am
Name: Gerard
Location: City of Oranges, FL

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by Axelay2003 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:58 am

Size is nice on your wrist. Congrats!
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.
ImageImage

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14454
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: New arrival! Rolex DJ41 2017

Post by ericf4 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:04 am

Axelay2003 wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:42 am
That looks really nice. I would have probably gone fluted bezel, but there's really no wrong choice.
Especially if you want to accentuate the “old man” look.
I can pull the look off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests