Rolex service

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
rain_maker
Name: Fred

Re: Rolex service

Post by rain_maker » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:10 am

BacoNoir wrote:
hidden by leaves wrote:So it's all or nothing with Rolex?? I know with Swatch/Omega, despite their faults at times, they basically inspect the watch and provide an estimate of repair/service, usually with optional-to-the-buyer items and you can then make a decision.
No, I got "optional" items listed on my estimate when I sent my SD to Dallas RSC. If you send it through an AD, RSC will not talk to you about the service - only to the AD who sent it in.
^^ my experience as well

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:05 am

I believe Omega only gives part's accounts to third party companies if they follow their "all-in" price structure. Assuming Rolex does the same to prevent third parties from undercutting their structure?

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:17 am

dnslater wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:05 am
I believe Omega only gives part's accounts to third party companies if they follow their "all-in" price structure. Assuming Rolex does the same to prevent third parties from undercutting their structure?
The same. Omega started following what Rolex was already doing. My watchmaker says when Rolex comes by to do on the spot inspections they literally show up out of the blue.

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:02 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:17 am
dnslater wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:05 am
The same. Omega started following what Rolex was already doing. My watchmaker says when Rolex comes by to do on the spot inspections they literally show up out of the blue.
My watchmaker in Miami says what Terry's guy said about Omega and Rolex. In order to maintain their parts accounts, they also must have certain equipment, etc. on site, because they do literally show up and do site inspections.

But since Paul was asking, I would definitely go with either Terry's guy, or if you're closer to S. Florida, I can help with introductions to the guys we use in Miami. I know Ralph has been pleased, and I also referred them to Chris (for a friend's Rolex). https://www.facebook.com/sarraffwatchmaker/

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:51 am

I'd go with Terry. He'll make sure that you are satisfied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Thanks gents - I appreciate the assists

I'm still on the road but will send it to Terry when I can. Watch works great, just need to know why the crown won't wind the movement. I don't want to drop a grand on it and it's my Rolex exit watch (fits me perfectly and has all the features I use) so not looking to get it to "flipping standard" ;)
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM