White milgauss?

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
Post Reply
User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Kalifornia

White milgauss?

Post by sierra11b » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Anyone ever tried one?

I loved the Black GV (twice) but it never quite stuck. Now that the white dial is discontinued they're a total bargain and I'm thinking about scooping one up. ~$4500 gets you a seat at the table as opposed to $6250+ for the black
Gv.


I'd love to hear experiences and especially from those that are familar with the black dial gv. I never handled this one at an AD when it was around.

User avatar
TSD
Posts: 1309
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:47 am
Name: Tom
Location: So Fla

Re: White milgauss?

Post by TSD » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Never owned it, but I really like it. Cool lume, too. Go for it! If it doesn't stick, I'll take dibs. :thumbsup:
Image

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5385
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: White milgauss?

Post by Chocodove » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Haven't owned, but I've always loved the white dial. At what they are going for, they seem to be a deal.
- Todd

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: White milgauss?

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:19 pm

The white is my favorite. Much better than the GV or the barfy tuqoise and green one.

User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Kalifornia

Re: White milgauss?

Post by sierra11b » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:19 pm
The white is my favorite. Much better than the GV or the barfy tuqoise and green one.
I'll agree the lastest gv is a bit off but loved the black dial gv just to the point of flipping it twice. The white dial was always my runner-up but might be worthwhile given the price.

User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Kalifornia

Re: White milgauss?

Post by sierra11b » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:40 pm

TSD wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:13 pm
Never owned it, but I really like it. Cool lume, too. Go for it! If it doesn't stick, I'll take dibs. :thumbsup:
Image
I'll keep that in mind. Would have go sell one currently getting serviced to make it happen

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41357
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: White milgauss?

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:46 pm

I personally only thought the black dial of the Milgauss's rocked. I didn't like the other variations at all.

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 27469
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

White milgauss?

Post by matt.wu » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:56 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:The white is my favorite. Much better than the GV or the barfy tuqoise and green one.
I thought the barfy blue and green was horrible when introduced, but I loved it in person. But I like "unique" watches too.

Milgauss is one of my favorite modern Rolexes (along with the SD-c).
:htfu:

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: White milgauss?

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:58 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:56 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:The white is my favorite. Much better than the GV or the barfy tuqoise and green one.
I thought the barfy blue and green was horrible when introduced, but I loved it in person. But I like "unique" watches too.

Milgauss is one of my favorite modern Rolexes (along with the SD-c).
I'm slow to adapt. I've just come to terms with the original GV. That barfy one is going to take some time.

User avatar
mikeylacroix
Posts: 3663
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:00 am
Name: Mike

Re: White milgauss?

Post by mikeylacroix » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:18 pm

I like this over the black

User avatar
nweash
Posts: 2860
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Alta Loma, CA

Re: White milgauss?

Post by nweash » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Whites my fav. I'd have to get everything but the chamfers brushed though
Image

User avatar
TSD
Posts: 1309
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:47 am
Name: Tom
Location: So Fla

Re: White milgauss?

Post by TSD » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:13 am

nweash wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:23 pm
Whites my fav. I'd have to get everything but the chamfers brushed though
That's what I was thinking. Wonder if LAWW or someone could also relume the indicies white (to still glow blue)?

User avatar
jimyritz
Masshole
Posts: 22394
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:48 am
Name: Mike
Location: Boston

Re: White milgauss?

Post by jimyritz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:26 am

Never really cared for the black dial- it's ok....Always wanted to try the white and may look for one..
Go for it...

User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Kalifornia

Re: White milgauss?

Post by sierra11b » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Thanks guys.

Something to consider if I move my Bremont once it comes back.

User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Kalifornia

Re: White milgauss?

Post by sierra11b » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:40 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:56 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:The white is my favorite. Much better than the GV or the barfy tuqoise and green one.
I thought the barfy blue and green was horrible when introduced, but I loved it in person. But I like "unique" watches too.

Milgauss is one of my favorite modern Rolexes (along with the SD-c).
Said it before but you and I have very similar tastes. We also tend to flip the ones we loved. As I recall you don't own the GV or SD4K anymore either. We're deranged individuals for sure.

I guess that's my other concern... Having owned the black GV and not being able to try the white dial at an AD, will I be satisfied?

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: White milgauss?

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:44 pm

sierra11b wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:40 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:56 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:The white is my favorite. Much better than the GV or the barfy tuqoise and green one.
I thought the barfy blue and green was horrible when introduced, but I loved it in person. But I like "unique" watches too.

Milgauss is one of my favorite modern Rolexes (along with the SD-c).
Said it before but you and I have very similar tastes. We also tend to flip the ones we loved. As I recall you don't own the GV or SD4K anymore either. We're deranged individuals for sure.

I guess that's my other concern... Having owned the black GV and not being able to try the white dial at an AD, will I be satisfied?
I wouldn't be at all surprised if you can find a white dial in an AD. My local shop had a white and clear glass black dial last time I was there.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 24005
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: White milgauss?

Post by BBK357 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Racist thread


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
nweash
Posts: 2860
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Alta Loma, CA

Re: White milgauss?

Post by nweash » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:51 pm

TSD wrote:
nweash wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:23 pm
Whites my fav. I'd have to get everything but the chamfers brushed though
That's what I was thinking. Wonder if LAWW or someone could also relume the indicies white (to still glow blue)?
Terry's relumer could probably do it. He did great work on my Alpina I would highly recommend.
Image

User avatar
TSD
Posts: 1309
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:47 am
Name: Tom
Location: So Fla

Re: White milgauss?

Post by TSD » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:35 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:44 pm
sierra11b wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:40 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:56 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:The white is my favorite. Much better than the GV or the barfy tuqoise and green one.
I thought the barfy blue and green was horrible when introduced, but I loved it in person. But I like "unique" watches too.

Milgauss is one of my favorite modern Rolexes (along with the SD-c).
Said it before but you and I have very similar tastes. We also tend to flip the ones we loved. As I recall you don't own the GV or SD4K anymore either. We're deranged individuals for sure.

I guess that's my other concern... Having owned the black GV and not being able to try the white dial at an AD, will I be satisfied?
I wouldn't be at all surprised if you can find a white dial in an AD. My local shop had a white and clear glass black dial last time I was there.
Just for kicks, I checked and my local AD had two white dials. The matte dial is killer, and the index color is actually pretty cool, but the polished case is overpowering. And it's not just the PCLs, it really could stand to have brushed lugs at the very least. But the pics out there of a fully brushed bracelet and lugs actually aren't attractive, and make it look too flat. Which got me thinking about how good this looks, but I wonder how that'd wear? It was taller and at least as heavy as my 16660. Anyone ever tried it on a strap?
Image
Or this
Image
Image

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41357
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: White milgauss?

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Brush the sides of it and the bezel. Then it would be perfect.

User avatar
mikeylacroix
Posts: 3663
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:00 am
Name: Mike

Re: White milgauss?

Post by mikeylacroix » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:43 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:50 pm
Brush the sides of it and the bezel. Then it would be perfect.
that what ya doing with the fubarlex?

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41357
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: White milgauss?

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:46 pm

mikeylacroix wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:43 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:50 pm
Brush the sides of it and the bezel. Then it would be perfect.
that what ya doing with the fubarlex?
maybe :mrgreen:

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9754
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: White milgauss?

Post by logan2z » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:47 pm

TSD wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:35 pm
Just for kicks, I checked and my local AD had two white dials.
I was at a local Rolex AD the other day and they had a white dial Milgauss in stock too. I guess they're still around.

dweller
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: White milgauss?

Post by dweller » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:36 pm

I had one when they first came out. Cool watch, the first Rolex that multiple people noticed and asked about. I ended up flipping it.. not totally because people noticed it, more the polished case and bracelet, similar reason the ceramic GMT never stuck with me. Cool watch though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests