Rolex Service Mindset

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
namor
Name: Seth

Rolex Service Mindset

Post by namor » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:13 am

I really like Rolex watches, and believe them to be a premier company in virtually ever regard. But, sometimes they are just weird. I called the NYC service center and asked if they would swap the hands on a 14060 for a maxi set. Sure, no problem but...

But you have to get a full service on the watch in order to get the hands swapped. That's a minimum of 4-5 weeks wait, and price starts at $600 not including the cost of the new hands. Really? I just want to be able to read the time at 3 AM.

Is there an alternative way to get the swap done?
www.usmcscoutsniper.org - Life Member
“Qualified to deport with denizens of the deep, mermaids, and other inhabitants of the realm of Neptune.”

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Rolex Service Mindset

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:19 am

Contact this guy:
http://www.dominiquewieland.com/

Former trainer at RSC Dallas and teacher at the school in PA. He's also fairly cheap, and a nice guy.

namor

Post by namor » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:36 am

JP Chestnut wrote:Contact this guy:

Former trainer at RSC Dallas and teacher at the school in PA. He's also fairly cheap, and a nice guy.
Thanks - I will give him a shout.
“Qualified to deport with denizens of the deep, mermaids, and other inhabitants of the realm of Neptune.”

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:41 am

I'm actually shocked that the RSC would even do it at all. I bet when the watch arrived they would tell you the could only install a new set 14060 hands. They never deviate from stock.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:44 am

hoppyjr wrote:I'm actually shocked that the RSC would even do it at all. I bet when the watch arrived they would tell you the could only install a new set 14060 hands. They never deviate from stock.
That's what I always thought, too. I wonder if the RSC representative misinterpreted maxi hands as regular luminova hands.

namor

Post by namor » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:38 pm

I owned this one years ago, having put on an aftermarket handset. Still like the way it looks, am tempted to replicate it...

Nomadz
Name: Nick

Post by Nomadz » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:09 am

Dom does great work.
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

Slipkid
Name: AJ

Post by Slipkid » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:28 am

Nomadz wrote:

Dom does great work.
:1:

I have had Dom service at least four Rolexes for me...quality work, great communication.
Cheers,
AJ
----
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.