No more Rolex (drama kept to a minimum)

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
dnslater
Name: Nick

Re: No more Rolex (drama kept to a minimum)

Post by dnslater » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:30 am

drster wrote:No one ever notices any of my watches unless I bring it up. Rolex shmolex. Who cares. A lot of guys spend $15 - $20K on a Harley.
True, $5k 4-wheelers, bass boats, etc...... lots of other hobbies are more expensive.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:52 am

dnslater wrote:
drster wrote:No one ever notices any of my watches unless I bring it up. Rolex shmolex. Who cares. A lot of guys spend $15 - $20K on a Harley.
True, $5k 4-wheelers, bass boats, etc...... lots of other hobbies are more expensive.
Hell, I know folks who could buy a Rolex if they just stopped smoking and going to the bar 2-3 times a wk.

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:56 am

streetracer101 wrote:Hell, I know folks who could buy a Rolex if they just stopped smoking and going to the bar 2-3 times a wk.
This is true.
only accurate watches are interesting

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:03 am

dnslater wrote:
Yeah but one can only have so much room for all those toys, so in perspective, that would likely be one 4-wheeler, one boat, one ski mobile (I suppose we should include the yanks and other northern folks).
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:57 pm

BSears wrote:
dnslater wrote:
Yeah but one can only have so much room for all those toys, so in perspective, that would likely be one 4-wheeler, one boat, one ski mobile (I suppose we should include the yanks and other northern folks).
No, just include the rednecks, hillbillies and hicks, Brad... :)

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:18 pm

andrema wrote:
BSears wrote:
dnslater wrote:
No, just include the rednecks, hillbillies and hicks, Brad... :)

Ok, so my peeps then. roger that. :salute: :lol:

Oddly enough, I know about 3 or 4 people that fit this to a T.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

wrist enthusiast
Name: roger

Post by wrist enthusiast » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Just My opinion but, I don't live my life for other people.
I grew up very poor. Some would now say I have "made it" while there are plenty of wealthier people than me. I hesitated for a month or so wearing one of my nice watches to work for fear of judgement. Then I thought " everyday I don't wear it, i am depriving myself of looking down at the watch and admiring it. Which was why I bought it." Never took it off after that.

None of my real friends, rich or poor, judge me by my wrist candy. They are my friends, they don't judge.
Roger
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I am pretty much the best at being modest"
"If they gave an award for being me, I would totally win."

boogiebot
Name: Adrian

Post by boogiebot » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:34 pm

Never had anyone comment on the price of any watch I have owned. And even if they did I don't think it would bother me much. If they have an issue with what the watch costs, then that's on them. Life's too short to not have what you want. Just my 2 cents

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:59 pm

boogiebot wrote:Never had anyone comment on the price of any watch I have owned. And even if they did I don't think it would bother me much. If they have an issue with what the watch costs, then that's on them. Life's too short to not have what you want. Just my 2 cents
Life's too short....
I'm headed in that direction of thought.
The Hapa

carlodwc

Post by carlodwc » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Hey Matt, look at the bright side of things... this means you can try new watches, other brands and models. :grin:

I find it always great to be able to see, touch, wear or own a new watch, even if it gets flipped fast. It's part of the experience. :thumbsup:

But if I was you, I would keep the Seiko dress watch to wear when you have all the relatives reunions, when they what watch it is, you can answer "oh, just a Seiko... " :mrgreen:

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:40 pm

carlodwc wrote:
But if I was you, I would keep the Seiko dress watch to wear when you have all the relatives reunions, when they what watch it is, you can answer "oh, just a Seiko... " :mrgreen:

Posted the Seiko to "make an attempt" to pare down numbers and raise a bit of money.

Probably not going to BUMP the post; you did a great job on that one, Carlo. :thumbsup:

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:00 am

streetracer101 wrote: Hell, I know folks who could buy a Rolex if they just stopped smoking and going to the bar 2-3 times a wk.
This is true of some Rolex owners who can't afford Patek.

Unfortunately, for me it's fine spirits, wine, craft beer, and the occasional can of dip. :oops: I've cut back on most of them, though! AP here I come! :lol: