14060 from HQMilton

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Re: 14060 from HQMilton

Post by matt.wu » Wed May 13, 2015 9:02 pm

foodle wrote:Bottom line: you will not find a more reputable dealer than Jacek / HQ Milton.

If you want a 14060, this is a fine one to get. But it was sold for a long time in high volume, so there are plenty out there to buy. If you're nervous about buying a used Rolex, going the dealer route like with HQ Milton is much safer than a private deal.

As for the bezel, it's likely something you'll need to see in person to decide if it bothers you. Again, the bezel insert is relatively cheap and easy to replace.

The 14060(M) is a pretty recent model, so most of them will be in decent shape. If you're going to take it in water, then you should pressure test the watch, but that's true of any used watch over a few years old.

Overall, if you don't feel comfortable buying a watch from HQ Milton, then I'd argue that you're simply not ready to get a used Rolex.
Yup. :thumbsup:
:htfu:

okinana
Name: Hubert

Post by okinana » Wed May 13, 2015 10:17 pm

matt.wu wrote:
foodle wrote:Bottom line: you will not find a more reputable dealer than Jacek / HQ Milton.

If you want a 14060, this is a fine one to get. But it was sold for a long time in high volume, so there are plenty out there to buy. If you're nervous about buying a used Rolex, going the dealer route like with HQ Milton is much safer than a private deal.

As for the bezel, it's likely something you'll need to see in person to decide if it bothers you. Again, the bezel insert is relatively cheap and easy to replace.

The 14060(M) is a pretty recent model, so most of them will be in decent shape. If you're going to take it in water, then you should pressure test the watch, but that's true of any used watch over a few years old.

Overall, if you don't feel comfortable buying a watch from HQ Milton, then I'd argue that you're simply not ready to get a used Rolex.

Thanks for all the guidance.

Maybe I am not yet ready. Hopefully soon.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:29 pm

okinana wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Same words used by some high school girls I used to know
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

jbsf3
Name: Jason

Post by jbsf3 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:52 am

Bottom line: you will not find a more reputable dealer than Jacek / HQ Milton.

Agreed, worked with Jacek a few months back on a ceramic GMT, if the deal could have gone any easier I can't imagine how, flawless transaction and he went out of his way to ensure I was getting what I wanted. I can't recommend him highly enough!

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:50 am

Never bought from him but I sold him a watch and it was very smooth
DEATH FROM ABOVE

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Thu May 14, 2015 6:32 am

BBK357 wrote:
okinana wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Only the good die young.

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Thu May 14, 2015 9:48 pm

What a thread. If This were a "blind taste test" I'd have guessed Eric was the OP.
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:51 pm

lilhoody wrote:What a thread. If This were a "blind taste test" I'd have guessed Eric was the OP.
:o
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

okinana
Name: Hubert

Post by okinana » Thu May 14, 2015 10:06 pm

lilhoody wrote:What a thread. If This were a "blind taste test" I'd have guessed Eric was the OP.
I'm trying to learn here. :oops:

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Post by CesarG » Thu May 14, 2015 10:43 pm

Right.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:59 pm

JBZ wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
okinana wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Only the good die young.

I'm an angel [HAIRCUT]
DEATH FROM ABOVE