I'm broken......

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Re: I'm broken......

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:36 am

hoppyjr wrote:Another U1, another Pelagos, another nice Seiko, and something for beater duty and I'd be seriously content for the long term.

Toss in a BPFF and a Speedy (maybe 9300) and I'm done.
Seems like done may be a ways off.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:38 am

dshap wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Am I broken......or finally fixed?

If you can't fix it, you've gotta stand it.

^^I agree, Ed you just found out you are better off out of the closet, congrats you queer :neener:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:20 am

I am in love.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:24 am

mattcantwin wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:Another U1, another Pelagos, another nice Seiko, and something for beater duty and I'd be seriously content for the long term.

Toss in a BPFF and a Speedy (maybe 9300) and I'm done.
Seems like done may be a ways off.
I could easily be happy as I sit. I'm just saying that small bunch would leave me without anything to want.

Except a PP 5711 white dial. I forgot about that one.

:grin:

Knome
Name: Ken

Post by Knome » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:19 pm

You guys are all ok. I think I'm the one that's broken. I finally stopped thinking and worrying about watches (at least not as much as before) once I sold my sub-c nd, and most of my other pieces.
It's not a difficult model to get again down the line so that's comforting. Plus I see them everyday, multiple times, on DWC so I don't miss it so much.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:17 am

All I got from this is blah blah blah LV :htfu:

Seriously though, you and I are on the same page more than we know... If it isn't the upcoming 'quid-essential' seiko in the sbdx012, then here I come moonwatch with no regret whatsoever having a 116616LB (happily) in the stable.

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:19 am

Same thing happened to me - I've been wearing mine 99% of the time for a year and a half now. It basically kept me off the sales forums for the most part, and I'm no longer a chronic flipper. The GS is the only thing that really tempted me recently, and that has grabbed a few days wrist time. Ideally, it'll actually give me a two watch "rotation", but it's very possible I'll go right back to the sub every day once the honeymoon is over.

mattjmcd
Name: Matt

Post by mattjmcd » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:21 am

Terpits wrote:I hear ya Hops.

I'm perfectly happy with the sub that I am half assing my efforts to save up for the 214270.
Or an IWC 3538. :lol:

I also know what you are saying, Hop. My only link to anything vaguely Rolexish is my Pelagos. It's rapidly becoming all the watch I really need. I find myself having come full circle with Rolex.

Great watch! Best EVAR! --> watch for cocks, not a lot of real value or cool tech--> I dunno, maybe I *could* get one someday--> on the radar as a must-have

I recently grabbed a Speedy Pro to scratch the "historic/significant" watch itch. It's outstanding, but it reminds me that I know that I've always really wanted the GMTII more.

Anyway, no, you're not broken.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:02 am

Fixed
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Sniper13
Name: Justin

Post by Sniper13 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:02 pm

It's funny I feel exactly the same way. I don't wear it for work. First thing I do when I get home is walk to the safe and put it on.

There are several other watches I have wanted to try, but I'm not even looking lately.

Glad I'm not alone.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:40 pm

hoppyjr wrote:......and may need therapy.

Ever since the 114060 arrived I'm just not myself. I'm down to three watches now; the Sub, a 2200.50 Planet Ocean 2500, and the white dial Weiss. I love them all and they will all stay. Trouble is, since getting the Sub I am drawn to it each day, even when I want to wear one of the others. On days where I am able to strap on the PO or Weiss, I end up switching back to the Sub. Heck, when I moved the kid to school last week I only wore the Sub and didn't even take a second "real" watch - something I've never done in recent memory (I tossed a Casio in the glove box, where it sits today).

This is both good and bad. Good because it will surely save me money and the hassle of buying & selling. Bad because I really got off on the thrill of the hunt. I guess it's a good problem to have, it's just a big change for a chronic flipper like me.

The last time I did the "one watch" thing it was 1994 and a Tag 2000 grey dial that I bought as a present to myself for promoting to Detective.

I wore the Sub while moving stuff, assembling furniture, cleaning the apartment, etc. - all without even thinking about the fact I was wearing a Rolex, much less worrying about getting it scratched or dirty. It really does seem like the perfect watch for me, especially on the NATO straps I love so much.

Broken, hurt, and bi-curious.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:36 pm

BBK357 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:......and may need therapy.

Ever since the 114060 arrived I'm just not myself. I'm down to three watches now; the Sub, a 2200.50 Planet Ocean 2500, and the white dial Weiss. I love them all and they will all stay. Trouble is, since getting the Sub I am drawn to it each day, even when I want to wear one of the others. On days where I am able to strap on the PO or Weiss, I end up switching back to the Sub. Heck, when I moved the kid to school last week I only wore the Sub and didn't even take a second "real" watch - something I've never done in recent memory (I tossed a Casio in the glove box, where it sits today).

This is both good and bad. Good because it will surely save me money and the hassle of buying & selling. Bad because I really got off on the thrill of the hunt. I guess it's a good problem to have, it's just a big change for a chronic flipper like me.

The last time I did the "one watch" thing it was 1994 and a Tag 2000 grey dial that I bought as a present to myself for promoting to Detective.

I wore the Sub while moving stuff, assembling furniture, cleaning the apartment, etc. - all without even thinking about the fact I was wearing a Rolex, much less worrying about getting it scratched or dirty. It really does seem like the perfect watch for me, especially on the NATO straps I love so much.

Broken, hurt, and bi-curious.
Yes.

Broken, because I sold the damned thing.

Hurt, because you don't understand that "no means no".

Buy-curious, because I'm always looking for the next watch. I really should move my Planet Ocean and just get the 114060 again.

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:48 pm

hoppyjr wrote:Buy-curious,
Don't do it. You'll feel used.
only accurate watches are interesting

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:38 pm

hoppyjr wrote:I am in love.

I'm seriously kicking myself right now. :nutkick: :smack: :angryfire: :banghead:

blowfish89

Post by blowfish89 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:41 pm

Lol.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:13 pm

Do it hop.
Sell your omega and buy a Rolex. It's what the cool kids are doing.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:19 pm

Solid bump.
:htfu:

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:53 pm

BBK357 wrote:Do it hop.
Sell your omega and buy a Rolex. It's what the cool kids are doing.
Well, then I'm not gonna be able to. Definitely not cool. I did love the watch though.

blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Post by blkgsl » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Do it.

mellonb1
Name: Brian

Post by mellonb1 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:01 pm

Do it, Hop. Someone out there is looking for a 114060 bracelet :grin:

Zidane
Stevie's Nick
Name: Nick

Post by Zidane » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:57 am

Toying around w/ the idea of selling my Sub-C date w/ the head only. PM me if you're interested, Hop.

carlodwc

Post by carlodwc » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:30 am

Hey Hop, if you like it, you like it... and if so you should certainly get one, maybe from Zidane. :grin: :thumbsup:

But it's not bad to get other watches either. You could also think of the many other watches you never had, seen, touched or worn and go for the experience. Maybe not your thing of course. But it seems to me that experiencing more watches is a broadening of one's view and appreciation. It does not have to be expensive watches or special ones, just the ones you might care about. Maybe you can get and keep the Sub C as keeper while doing that too. :shrug: :grin:

pbj204
Name: Paul

Post by pbj204 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:41 am

hoppyjr wrote: Toss in a BPFF and a Speedy (maybe 9300) and I'm done.
You need to make the BPFF happen.

Nomadz
Name: Nick

Post by Nomadz » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:45 am

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:48 am

Do it! Do it!

This is a hilarious and a timely bump. I am considering reacquiring a watch again as well. Researching the watch again I see how many times many of us do this.

We keep looking for the perfect watch or balance in the collection, We Work to find it and then let it go.

Really we just need to win the lottery and buy them all.
Regards
Barry