WTB aftermarket tudor end links for Black Bay

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: WTB aftermarket tudor end links for Black Bay

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:54 pm

BSears wrote:Eric has apparently forgotten the recent debacle re: former forum members that deal in fake watches. Unless Tudor/Rolex specifically makes this part, I see no problem in a person designing and making these parts. Granted, Rolex might have a problem with it but that's their fight. Seems like folks took it upon themselves to address an issue the manufacturer did not.

To that end, I have not seen such end links but looks like Eric has a set and I would presume they are "out there." Good luck in your search.
They are out there - they're actively sold on TRF which is why I directed the OP to that site.

thg
Name: Felix

Post by thg » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:04 pm

ericf4 wrote:no debate here so no worries/.....im happy as a clam and see no issue at all Good luck
Glad to hear! :)

thg

Post by thg » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:04 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
BSears wrote:Eric has apparently forgotten the recent debacle re: former forum members that deal in fake watches. Unless Tudor/Rolex specifically makes this part, I see no problem in a person designing and making these parts. Granted, Rolex might have a problem with it but that's their fight. Seems like folks took it upon themselves to address an issue the manufacturer did not.

To that end, I have not seen such end links but looks like Eric has a set and I would presume they are "out there." Good luck in your search.
They are out there - they're actively sold on TRF which is why I directed the OP to that site.
Tks!

thg

Post by thg » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:07 pm

aboen wrote:
ericf4 wrote:im not sure why people bagged on you for the question.....I own these for the blackbay but never really used them yet....see below/./.I was thinking of selling them but not sure yet

Sell em. Not a good look for sure.
LOL listen to Drew, Eric. Just throw'em in an envelope and send them to me :)

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Eture or something like that is the original seller, but his idea has been copied by at least one other TRF guy. Quick posting with my daughter makes it hard to be complete :thumbsup:

thg

Post by thg » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:11 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:Eture or something like that is the original seller, but his idea has been copied by at least one other TRF guy. Quick posting with my daughter makes it hard to be complete :thumbsup:
Tks for the tip.

UPDATE

Tks for the reference. The name was Etur and apparently doesn't reply to messages and smartyjones18 (based out of Singapore picked up where he left off) I just pm'd him. Here's the link to the thread

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=304889

thg

Post by thg » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:40 pm

unixshrk wrote:No sweat, good luck
I just realized this George Yeo fellow from both your links and based out of Singapore might be the same person I was referred to further down the thread and that I just pm'd on TRF. Cheers

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:57 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:

Oh my bad. I actually thought you were being sarcastic! :lol:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:58 pm

ericf4 wrote:

I have not "forgotten" about anything..I guess I don't see how this has anything to do with that really...no different than guys making aftermarket straps for watches....so no reason to blow my skirt up over it....doesn't really matter....yes there are folks out there making these, cant recall the guys name but you can look it up on TRF site for sure. That's where I saw it too.

Just giving you shit man. Trust me, if I was blowing up your skirt, you would know. :shifty: ;)
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:25 pm

thg wrote:
I just realized this George Yeo fellow from both your links and based out of Singapore might be the same person I was referred to further down the thread and that I just pm'd on TRF. Cheers
I think George is the guy mine came from.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:26 pm

BSears wrote:
ericf4 wrote:

I have not "forgotten" about anything..I guess I don't see how this has anything to do with that really...no different than guys making aftermarket straps for watches....so no reason to blow my skirt up over it....doesn't really matter....yes there are folks out there making these, cant recall the guys name but you can look it up on TRF site for sure. That's where I saw it too.

Just giving you shit man. Trust me, if I was blowing up your skirt, you would know. :shifty: ;)
Something to look fwd to...lol
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

thg

Post by thg » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:20 pm

ericf4 wrote:
thg wrote:
Tks. Just got a reply from George. He only has/makes endlinks like yours and it won't fit the Pelagos rubber. Looking into buying original BB endlinks at the AD

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:46 am

thg wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
thg wrote:
Tks. Just got a reply from George. He only has/makes endlinks like yours and it won't fit the Pelagos rubber. Looking into buying original BB endlinks at the AD
Not sure the original BB endlinks will work with a Pelagos rubber strap. Also not sure you can get them without an entire bracelet. I don't think you're going to find an easy answer to this.
Last edited by JBZ on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:46 am

thg wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
thg wrote:
Let's see if I have this right.
You want end links for a Pelagos, to put on a rubber strap, that you can than put on the black bay?

Maybe a stupid question by me, but will the end links from a Pelagos even fit on the black bay case? And they would be titanium, not steel correct?

thg

Post by thg » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:16 am

tattoo chef wrote:
thg wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
thg wrote:
Let's see if I have this right.
You want end links for a Pelagos, to put on a rubber strap, that you can than put on the black bay?

Maybe a stupid question by me, but will the end links from a Pelagos even fit on the black bay case? And they would be titanium, not steel correct?
LOL not quite. Looking to get end links for the black bay in steel, aftermarket or oem to take in the Pelagos rubber strap that I just bought.

thg

Post by thg » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:21 am

Thanks all! Managed to get OEM endlinks at my local AD super cheap too (45chf) now only waiting on the tudor rubber strap to arrive!!

Nomadz
Name: Nick

Post by Nomadz » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:47 am

Looks great on the ISO. I have seen those links on TRF.
I think they look goofy generally.
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

thg

Post by thg » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:17 am

Nomadz wrote:Looks great on the ISO. I have seen those links on TRF.
I think they look goofy generally.
Tks! These aren aftermarket but OEM original black bay endlinks to fit the pelagos rubber strap I bought separately. And they are half the price the aftermarket ones as well

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:00 am

I see you found what you were looking for. This may be a dumb question but why not look for straps (or have one made) that have an extension to fill the lug gap? Like Sinn and Omega rubber do? Or any curved end strap? Seems to me to be a better look than installing end links.
only accurate watches are interesting

thg

Post by thg » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:08 am

True tks. Because I wanted an OEM tudor rubber strap and that's the only suitable one available

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:18 am

Got it.
only accurate watches are interesting

thg

Post by thg » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:16 am

Finally arrived and mounted on the tudor oem endlinks & rubber strap. Very comfortable and I like the integrate look

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:05 am

Looks OK. How obvious is the metal color difference? I have a Sinn tegimented bracelet that I never wore on my standard sinns because the color was slightly darker...drove me nuts. I suspect this would be the same.

thg

Post by thg » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:17 am

Can't really tell under my current light, I had thought exactly about the same thing but I think the tone of titanium is close enough to the tone of the brushed part of the BB case...besides, it's on the bottom of the wrist so one can't really notice

I just got home, here's a couple of pics between the Pelagos rubber buckle and the black Bay buckle for tone color comparison

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:12 pm

thg wrote:Can't really tell under my current light, I had thought exactly about the same thing but I think the tone of titanium is close enough to the tone of the brushed part of the BB case...besides, it's on the bottom of the wrist so one can't really notice

I just got home, here's a couple of pics between the Pelagos rubber buckle and the black Bay buckle for tone color comparison

cool...glad it worked out and you're happy....count me in as a non-believer initially.